• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

20 cents for water tirade

Scott T

Forefather
Reaction score
Wow! that's one ignorant racist *****. talking about racism and she comes from slavery over 20 cents for water.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
fat ***** ........must have just taken a GED class...she should go home to

Last edited:

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
They charge you 20 cents for the water because they have to buy the cups lady. They cant keep the lights on with cheap ***** coming in and not wanting to buy anything.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
That woman defines entitlement mentality. She feels entitled to reparations for something that happened to someone else, from someone that had absolutley nothing to do with it. I would have booted her fat *** out of the store.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Did you hear the cashier/manager's comments? That she is actually FROM Africa? You could tell she was pissed off at how this woman was acting. I have heard that before- that Africans who immigrated here can't stand the mentality of American blacks because of things like this.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you imagine being married to that?

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The fat chick says her grandmother died the prior year, was 104 when she died, and "She was a slave."

Uhhhh, she was born in 1909, and was a slave?

I guess she was born somewhere other than the United States.

RollRed

Reaction score
That woman defines entitlement mentality. She feels entitled to reparations for something that happened to someone else, from someone that had absolutley nothing to do with it. I would have booted her fat *** out of the store.

Let me begin by saying that I am not on favor of reparations being paid to descendants of slaves, or any other race or group for that matter, because of stuff that happened in the distant past. The main reason being is that if you start down that road, where do you stop? How far back do you go? How do you tell descendants of the native American that he or she isn't entitled to them also? If anybody deserved them it would be them. How do you tell anyone who is the direct descendants of any group that was negatively affected by any policy that they don't deserve them also? Slavery is by far the most egregious of those policies, but it certainly isn't the only one that affected people's lives for years to come. The idea of reparations, howver, isn't just about giving money to people even though the abomination of slavery " happened to someone else, from someone who had absolutely nothing to do with it". The thinking behind the idea is that the descendants of the slaves and the rampant discrimination African Americans endured for a century afterward still feel the affects from those times economically. Many believe the reason that African Americans are disproportionately behind in terms of economic stability, incarceration, etc. isn't because they are lazy or predisposed to criminal activity. They believe, as do I, that the 150-200? years of enslavement followed by a century of being treated like second... and many times third or fourth... class citizens has had a very direct impact on the African Amertican population today.
It's easy to see a man in front of you in the checkout line at the grocery store using food stamps to pay for his food and assume that person is lazy and doesn't want to work. maybe you think to yourself.." I work for my money to buy my food, why can't he?" Using my own life as an example, maybe his grandfather wasn't able to get a good job in the mill the way mine did. My grandfather, in turn, got my father a good job in that same mill. The money he, my father, earned working in that mill help pay for the education that ultimately enabled me to get the good paying job I have today. That is an example of how discrimination 100 years ago can still affect people today. Am I saying that this is always the case? Of course not... Just try to remember we're all running the same race, but the starting line is much further back for some than it is for others.

coupon

Reaction score
rain water is free. drink up