• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

21 Ultramarathon Runners Die from Extreme Weather in China

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

I'm trying to figure out how something like this could happen. The race started at 1pm i believe and was called off at 2pm. They sent rescue teams out in the evening into the morning. Shouldn't spotters or drones or something been following the race?

why would anyone go to China for anything at this point in time?

Great video, Steelr4evr. David Goggins said during the clip about Navy Seal training, "This is the most brutal training anybody in the military can go through. So everybody on my left, everybody on my right has been through this too. When stuff gets bad, you know in each situation these guys have my back."

Yeah, let's reduce the physical standards for our troops so we can get more wimmins and transgenders into combat roles. What could go wrong?

I'm trying to figure out how something like this could happen. The race started at 1pm i believe and was called off at 2pm.

The story said the race was called at 2:00 p.m. but did not say when it started. The story noted in part, "Hours into the event Saturday, the weather suddenly deteriorated as the runners were climbing 6,500 feet above sea level to the 12-mile mark."

Sounds like the runners were running uphill at that point, but even then, it should not take hours for runners of this quality to cover 12 miles. Most run at 10 mph or better, which is a 6:00 minute mile. Something is off about the timeline.

Oh, and you want to know that the entry fee is for the race? $50. Wish I knew where I could get $50. I know if I owed somebody $50, I would pay him. But that's just me.

If this guy was running it,he'd already be waiting at the finish line.

I immediately thought of Goggins (and you) when I saw the initial post.

Shouldn't spotters or drones or something been following the race?

They got lazy and weren't doing their job properly, kinda like Epstein's 'guards'.