• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

21Steelers ... about those taxes paid by illegals. You might want to read this.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The investigation into Corso’s began in October 2017, when the U.S. Border Patrol arrested a woman who had illegally given stolen identity documents to job applicants in the country, said Steve Francis, head of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations unit in Detroit.

The document vendor led investigators to the landscaping business, where they examined company documents for irregularities, Francis said. Some of the Social Security numbers they discovered belonged to dead people.

Of the 313 employees whose records were examined, 123 were deemed suspect and targeted for arrest and facing the criminal charges of identity theft and, in nearly all of the cases, tax evasion.

“We verified that a lot of U.S. persons were obviously unaware of this. It’s caused them a lot of hardship,” Francis said. “It’s not one that we’re looking for strictly as a worksite immigration raid.”

https://dailyreporter.com/2018/06/05/immigration-agents-arrest-114-in-landscaper-sting/

Identity theft ... tax fraud ... caused citizens "a lot of hardship." So much for your claim that illegals are a boon to the economy because of the taxes they pay. No, they are not. They don't pay taxes. They steal identities. They commit identity theft and tax fraud.

Once you get a fake SSN and you use it for getting a drivers license, you can often start to vote as well.

That's why we don't KNOW the extent of illegals voting because many illegals aren't even "known" to be illegal. The companies they work for think they are legal. The communities think they are legal. The voting booths think they are legal.

We just don't know. I do know (from experience) that the "fake SSN" system used for Mexican illegals is a HUGE business and often a family business of people loaning SSN's to each other or sharing numbers.

Once you get a fake SSN and you use it for getting a drivers license, you can often start to vote as well.

Oh, this is 100% true. California is one of many jurisdictions that have "No ID" voting. I just tell them my name and address and vote.

The process for registering is now so easy that any person who wants to can register. No proof of eligibility needed. Just give name, address and driver's license number. That is why the lunatic left was so intent on giving driver's licenses to illegals, as now they have all they need to vote. The former system had some indicia of eligibility since only citizens were allowed driver's licenses. Now? Illegals have tens of thousands of licenses, and are free to register and vote.

How often is that happening? Who the hell knows?

If someone gives a fake SS# to an employer, the employer still takes taxes out of a paycheck and sends the money into the IRS.
The employer doesn't determine it's fake and then give an employee a check with no taxes taken out. It would then be IRS responsibility
to determine its fake and take the appropriate action with employer.

If someone gives a fake SS# to an employer, the employer still takes taxes out of a paycheck and sends the money into the IRS.
The employer doesn't determine it's fake and then give an employee a check with no taxes taken out. It would then be IRS responsibility

However employers are required to fill out an I-9 Form and it's their responsibility to reasonably ascertain that the person is legit. And there are stiff penalties if you don't fill out an I-9 and even if you fill it out improperly.

The document vendor led investigators to the landscaping business, where they examined company documents for irregularities

A landscaping business? You don't say?

I held a Japanese drivers license and yet I was not a citizen. Their solution was to have one for citizens, another for non citizens.

Jee-zus. The people stealing identities claim maximum deductions, don't pay taxes and the person whose identity was stolen is investigated for underpayment of taxes. That poor slob has to spend a bunch of time and money cleaning it up.

Further, the social security payments are minimal, since the illegals get paid so little and very often get paid on the side in cash to avoid social security.

Finally, the illegals get food stamps, Section 8 housing, taxpayer-funded education for kids, taxpayer-funded school lunches for kids, subsidized public transportation, and on and on. Anybody who thinks illegals are a net financial gain is just being stupid. Incredibly, inveterately, astonishingly stupid.

Jee-zus. The people stealing identities claim maximum deductions, don't pay taxes and the person whose identity was stolen is investigated for underpayment of taxes. That poor slob has to spend a bunch of time and money cleaning it up.

Further, the social security payments are minimal, since the illegals get paid so little and very often get paid on the side in cash to avoid social security.

Finally, the illegals get food stamps, Section 8 housing, taxpayer-funded education for kids, taxpayer-funded school lunches for kids, subsidized public transportation, and on and on. Anybody who thinks illegals are a net financial gain is just being stupid. Incredibly, inveterately, astonishingly stupid.

And lets not forget the illegals that get paid straight under the table with no deductions for cheaper than an employer can pay a citizen and the illegal takes more home at the end of the week.

The smack down of employers CAUGHT with illegal employees should should be on the scale of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Jail time, fines of $100,000 for each foul, maybe even take the business. Once the business is taken, put it up for auction and the proceeds go to the government for debt relief. Make it hurt so damn bad it will NEVER happen.

The smack down of employers CAUGHT with illegal employees should should be on the scale of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. Jail time, fines of $100,000 for each foul, maybe even take the business. Once the business is taken, put it up for auction and the proceeds go to the government for debt relief. Make it hurt so damn bad it will NEVER happen.

That's the thing, the penalties aren't stiff enough so it's worth the risk and enforcement isn't strong or consistent enough so if you're trying to be legit you get undercut by your competition who is paying under-the-table. Happened to me when I had my company.

What if the employer takes money out of the checks for taxes and SS but puts it in his pocket. And no one knows the employee is in the country, including the IRS, hence illegal immigrant status? I guess we can ask Juan Carona.