• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

3 Players the Steelers Should Target in a Potential Trade Up

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
We’re less than two weeks away from the NFL Draft, and we still don’t have an idea of who the Pittsburgh Steelers will select come April 28. With the draft quickly approaching, rumors are starting to fly around, and there is one in particular that I wanted to address. According to a report from UStadium, the Steelers are one of two teams that have “laid the groundwork” for a possible trade up into the top 12. This is intriguing given the fact the Steelers don’t have a ton of assets and the potential trade package could be too much. If they were to trade up, it has to be for a player they admire and who can contribute immediately to this Steelers squad. Here are three players I believe are worth trading up for.

Malik Willis

One of the worst-kept secrets in the NFL is the Steelers’ fondness for Willis. They kept a tight eye on him during his workouts, and they conducted numerous interviews with him and his family. You don’t just do this much work on a guy for the sake of it. The Steelers are in desperate need of a franchise quarterback, and Malik Willis could be the answer. If the Steelers decide to trade up, this appears to be the most likely scenario.

Kenny Pickett

Many Steelers fans are familiar with Pickett. Last year, the Pitt quarterback had a breakout season, propelling him to the top of draft boards. Given Pitt and the Steelers share facilities, the Steelers were able to get a better understanding of how Pickett operates on a daily basis and what kind of person he is on and off the field. With all of this in mind, the Steelers’ decision to trade up and choose Pickett would indicate that they believe he can be their next franchise quarterback.

USATSI_17292923-300x239.jpeg

Photo: USA Today Sports Images

Kyle Hamilton

This one is a little more interesting. Given that he’s a safety, you might be shocked to see him on this list. Kyle Hamilton, however, is a player worth trading up for. According to reports, scouts from around the league feel Hamilton has a good possibility of falling out of the top 10. With the Steelers lacking a starter at safety, trading up for Hamilton could be a wise decision. He was formerly regarded one of the top three players in the draft, I still believe he is, and for good reason. He has the ability to play all over the field, which the Steelers appreciate in their defensive backs, and his IQ is off the charts. Plus, a safety pairing of Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kyle Hamilton would be absolutely filthy.

QODTFL6WYJAXHG6VVTDXLCKTSE-300x200.jpeg

AP Photo/Michael Conroy

Having said that, I believe that if the Steelers were to trade up, it would be for either Willis or Pickett. Usually you don’t just trade significant assets for other positions, but when a player like Kyle Hamilton becomes available, you can’t pass up the opportunity. Overall, I’d like for them to stay put and take BPA at 20; however, if they were to trade up, these are the three players I’d look for.

Do you think the Steelers trade up in round 1? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

We can't afford to trade up in my opinion.to many needs

We should trade down instead

There is not a player in this draft that I would trade up in the 1st round for NOT ONE

Who is the special needs person who is writing these?