• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A C to add into the fold next year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

He is a G conversion that actually worked. Nursing a groin right now but his season has been solid. (No sacks given up so far)

You can add this guy in free agency and let him compete for the start. Doesn't prevent the team from adding a C in the draft but has the moderate potential to be an upgrade over Cole.

Dolphins have had some crazy offensive production this season and you don't do that without solid C play.

Our tradition of center, goes back a long ways. Game changing centers and to think Coach Tomlin has dropped many traditions from this team. The standard seems to be lowered by this coaching staff.

slash, thanks for bringing these players to notice, we need them and maybe you should be part of the STEELERS scouting and suggestion team.

Should you accept this mission, be prepared to be shot down by the HC.

Salute the nation

Our tradition of center, goes back a long ways. Game changing centers and to think Coach Tomlin has dropped many traditions from this team. The standard seems to be lowered by this coaching staff.

slash, thanks for bringing these players to notice, we need them and maybe you should be part of the STEELERS scouting and suggestion team.
maybe you should be part of the STEELERS scouting and suggestion team.

Salute the nation
"and maybe you should be part of the STEELERS scouting and suggestion team"

Shiit I don't even play a GM on TV. Nah just a fan throwing out ideas. I leave the chest thumping for others.😁

"and maybe you should be part of the STEELERS scouting and suggestion team"

Shiit I don't even play a GM on TV. Nah just a fan throwing count ideas. I leave the chest thumping for others.😁

I knew that, but had to poke fun atChaz !!!

Wheres Cooooch when we need him…….. His sightings are far between these days……………….

Salute the nation

Does it still look like the center from Georgia is the top guy available next year and how does him compare to players like Humphrey and Linderbaum as prospects?

Does it still look like the center from Georgia is the top guy available next year and how does him compare to players like Humphrey and Linderbaum as prospects?
Looks like he is in the running for the top or number two spot...but for now he isn't getting those Linderbaum and Humphrey type vibes from what I am reading (so far). Might be limited athletically. Definitely not a round 1 prospect IMO. This draft looks semi weak at C. Seems like a good enough football player but not sure how much room there is for growth.

Read he has shorter arms than desired but haven't confirmed his measurements..

Definitely wouldn't put all my eggs in the basket with a C from the next class without bringing in a vet.

Salute the nation

To be fair, Green was a game changing center too ... just in the wrong way. Apparently, Cole is now trying to live up to Green's legacy.

I'd love to see a real blue chip at C again.

Unpossible. Steelers traded the next generational talent at C to the Texans.

Looks like he is in the running for the top or number two spot...but for now he isn't getting those Linderbaum and Humphrey type vibes from what I am reading (so far). Might be limited athletically. Definitely not a round 1 prospect IMO.

I watch a few Georgia games given my residence and have looked at Van Pran. He is good. Very solid in pass blocking, does not give errant snaps out of shotgun. Not a great run blocker from what I see since he does not get a ton of movement on a NT when he faces a guy playing 0.

Agree not a 1st rounder but the lack of depth at the position probably pushes him from 4th round to 2nd day guy.

Taking your LS10 for a joy ride

Sorry MTC————- to much security surrounding the LUXURY S10,

Even Lunar, who took nearly all the safety courses / driving courses / customer relations / How to Start it combination series———. Couldn’t successfully “borrow” it. Lunar self retired from becoming a driver. I’ve reached out to him but his embarrassment & limited pride is keeping him from finishing his courses. We Need Qualified Drivers.

Paul was the last certified Driver to pass, you may know him—— he is foreign affairs diplomat along with overseas security administrator. Paul ONLY answers to slash / confluence / Djfan / and myself.

Happy Trails

Salute the nation

Sorry MTC————- to much security surrounding the LUXURY S10,

Even Lunar, who took nearly all the safety courses / driving courses / customer relations / How to Start it combination series———. Couldn’t successfully “borrow” it. Lunar self retired from becoming a driver. I’ve reached out to him but his embarrassment & limited pride is keeping him from finishing his courses. We Need Qualified Drivers.

Paul was the last certified Driver to pass, you may know him—— he is foreign affairs diplomat along with overseas security administrator. Paul ONLY answers to slash / confluence / Djfan / and myself.

Happy Trails

Salute the nation
6837F8D4-305B-4834-91A2-EF05A5B9F0ED.gif