• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A gambit that could make Trump win. This may shock some.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Have no illusions, Trump sunk his own ship, and is down 6-7% in the polls. I'm voting for him in a swing state, but it's not going to matter. With less than a month and the media helping Clinton, he's going to lose the election.

But he can win if prevents Clinton from getting 270 or more electoral votes. There is a rule that says A majority of 270 electoral votes is required to elect the President. It no candidate receives that amount the House elects the next President.

Okay, Trump should take his name off the ballot in any Blue state he won't win, and any toss-up state where he's down by 7 points or more and focus his money and efforts on the states Romney won. Then perhaps Gary Johnson can win a few Blue states or toss up states where Trump is down big, taking some much needed electoral votes away from Clinton. I hear Johnson is polling in the teens in a few states. People aren't voting for him because they think he can't win, but this would change their minds!

At the end of the day, Clinton might not get 270 electoral votes.

Then the house votes and picks President Trump.

Yeah--this is an outside the box type of move, but I think its the best and only move for Trump if he is to win.

Clinton is going to win, but at least 40% of the country won't accept the results nor accept her as their president. She loses either way.

This is a huge watershed election. If she can't make some major positive changes in her term, it will be an epic failure. Both the Republican party and Independents everywhere have a HUGE opportunity over the next 4 years to actually build a platform and a candidate that can appeal to what the country truly wants and needs.

This presidential election will more likely have an effect on house and senate elections upcoming. The corruption and scandal that have been exposed can not be easily ignored and if Americans continue to focus on the sickening mess that is American politics rather than simply ignore the bloated mess that's in front of us, this election can actually bring about truly positive change, albeit through horrible, painful upheaval.

This will NOT be a smooth transition of power regardless of how the election turns out. This country is completely fractured and Hillary Clinton cannot fix that easily. I sincerely doubt she even intends to try. That can only play into the hands of future voters should they care enough to do something about it.

Clinton is going to win, but at least 40% of the country won't accept the results nor accept her as their president. She loses either way.

This is a huge watershed election. If she can't make some major positive changes in her term, it will be an epic failure. Both the Republican party and Independents everywhere have a HUGE opportunity over the next 4 years to actually build a platform and a candidate that can appeal to what the country truly wants and needs.

This presidential election will more likely have an effect on house and senate elections upcoming. The corruption and scandal that have been exposed can not be easily ignored and if Americans continue to focus on the sickening mess that is American politics rather than simply ignore the bloated mess that's in front of us, this election can actually bring about truly positive change, albeit through horrible, painful upheaval.

This will NOT be a smooth transition of power regardless of how the election turns out. This country is completely fractured and Hillary Clinton cannot fix that easily. I sincerely doubt she even intends to try. That can only play into the hands of future voters should they care enough to do something about it.

I agree Clinton is going to win, but what did you think about my idea, letting Johnson and Clinton only go head to head in blue states and some swing states, with the hope Johnson can take some electorial votes away?

Trump is ahead in OH, he’s very likely ahead in FL and looks positioned to pick up NC, VA and PA.

MD now looks like its in play.

In the end, it’s left to Ohio and Florida. If Trump can’t win those two states....he doesn’t win. As much as you can talk about the swing-states....and national polls....it boils down to two states and how many dead voters are registered in each.

and don't believe everything you read

Poll.jpg

Last edited:
Coach's idea might actually work. Trump is slightly up in Ohio but still down in Florida, PA and most battleground states. He lost almost all leads he had. If he doesn't get a boost by the end of this coming week, drastic measures will be needed for him to win.

Trump is ahead in OH, he’s very likely ahead in FL and looks positioned to pick up NC, VA and PA.

MD now looks like its in play.

In the end, it’s left to Ohio and Florida. If Trump can’t win those two states....he doesn’t win. As much as you can talk about the swing-states....and national polls....it boils down to two states and how many dead voters are registered in each.

and don't believe everything you read

Poll.jpg

Fraud aside, the smart play if to give Gary Johnson a chance to win some blue states by having Trump withdraw his name from the ballot there? Agreed?

Trump should take his name off the ballot in any Blue state he won't win, and any toss-up state where he's down by 7 points or more and focus his money and efforts on the states Romney won.

Stupidest idea of the century. He is doing fine no matter what hand-wringing, pearl-clutching idea you bring

Kasich *****! - Coach WANTS Trump to lose so he can say his boy would have done better

Poll: Trump, Clinton tied in Ohio

The Suffolk University poll found Trump and Clinton each earning 45 percent. There was little support for third-party candidate Gary Johnson

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/10/poll-clinton-trump-ohio-230094

Last edited:
Trump should take his name off the ballot in any Blue state he won't win, and any toss-up state where he's down by 7 points or more and focus his money and efforts on the states Romney won.

Stupidest idea of the century. He is doing fine no matter what hand-wringing, pearl-clutching idea you bring

Kasich *****! - Coach WANTS Trump to lose so he can say his boy would have done better

The Suffolk University poll found Trump and Clinton each earning 45 percent. There was little support for third-party candidate Gary Johnson

http://www.politico.com/blogs/swing-states-2016-election/2016/10/poll-clinton-trump-ohio-230094

Which BLUE State can Trump win? NONE, or maybe one. That's it. Let Garry take the votes away from Clinton.

I don't; care if there are one or two polls ( Never heard of the Suffolk University poll ) that say it's close. Most of the major ones say it is not.

Show me the last presidential election where one person was up at 6% and lost with this little time to go?

PS: I badly want Trump to win. I do not want to say Darn, if only or Curz or Kasich ran, but others will.

PPS: Trump's blowing it vs the weakest candidate since Mike Dukakis!

I agree Clinton is going to win, but what did you think about my idea, letting Johnson and Clinton only go head to head in blue states and some swing states, with the hope Johnson can take some electorial votes away?

Wait, what? Remove his name in some swing states - you mean like Nevada and Colorado, I guess? - and hope Gary Johnson wins the state?!?

Jesus, if the Republican nominee cannot win those states, then what in the name of God makes anybody think Gary ******* Johnson could win the state???

Which BLUE State can Trump win?

Ohio, PA, FL for starters

He takes those - he wins, like I said

Your polls are worthless, like stats in football - they are for losers

Wait, what? Remove his name in some swing states - you mean like Nevada and Colorado, I guess? - and hope Gary Johnson wins the state?!?

Jesus, if the Republican nominee cannot win those states, then what in the name of God makes anybody think Gary ******* Johnson could win the state???

No, remove his name from states he has no chance of winning. Nevada and Colorado are still in play.

Colorado might go for Johnson in a two person race. They like the pothead types.

States that I am talking about are CA, NM, WI, NY, OR, WA, IL, MD HI,, MA, RI, CT, NJ...states Clinton already has in the bag. If Johnson can win one or two of these states, the loss of electoral votes for Clinton can matter in a close race.

Ohio, PA, FL for starters

He takes those - he wins, like I said

Your polls are worthless, like stats in football - they are for losers

He will need more than FL or OH. And they are must haves.

Even if Trump gets these states, he needs many others like NC, IA, NH, NV and AZ

uh-oh Coach, grab your fainting couch!

iv2agkzxiarswsbuze0h.gif

Trump gains on Clinton despite furor over women, election comments

(Reuters) - Donald Trump gained on Hillary Clinton among American voters this week, cutting her lead nearly in half despite a string of women accusing him of unwanted sexual advances and the furor over his disputed claims that the election process is rigged, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN12L2T0

All the un-biased polls have the race tied - neck and neck - ignore any from NBC/CNN, they are crooked

But the undecideds might decide it, and the Hillary hating Bernie-bots, if they show up to vote at all

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump with a 43% to 41% lead over his Democratic rival.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct21

You're delusional sparky....

The election has been over for almost a month now.

If I were you i'd be more worried about Repugnicans losing the senate......well never mind if I were you i'd go with my strength....you know, being delusional.

The only state that even has a chance of going to anyone other than Trump or Clinton is Utah. Evan McMullen is virtually tied or ahead.

Also you assume that in a 3 way race with nobody getting 270, that enough congressional delegations would support Trump. In reality the move might be to either to broker a deal for a McMullen or Johnson presidency. Or for the house to simply do nothing and let a republican controlled senate name Pence as president

In the end Gary Johnson will pull less than 7%, The Rightys will make the safe vote and the Leftys will vote for gimme free ****.

Trump was leading in Ohio. Being tied now is not a good thing.

Good idea, but Johnson needs all 3 candidates in the race to win the vote in any state. He can't win a majority, but he can pull a 35-38% and win a state.

Good idea, but Johnson needs all 3 candidates in the race to win the vote in any state. He can't win a majority, but he can pull a 35-38% and win a state.

Well if Trump pulled out of some Blue states, Hillary will have to defend them a bit. My guess is Johnson could do well in New Mexico, and other blue states that have a low minority population.

The more electoral votes taken away from her, the better