• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A "Just for Tibs" News Special - This Just In...

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Hungary's Prime Minister endorses TRUMP

http://hungarianfreepress.com/2016/07/23/hungarys-prime-minister-endorses-donald-trump/

Hungary’s prime minister endorses Donald Trump

Prime Minister Viktor Orbán became the first sitting leader of a European Union country to formally endorse Republican Presidential Candidate Donald Trump. Speaking at a gathering of right-wing politicians, thinkers and youth, in the heart of the Hungarian-majority region of Romania called Székelyföld (or Szeklerland), Mr. Orbán declared: “Trump would be better for Europe and for Hungary.” He then referred to Mr. Trump as being “outstanding.”

The full-length of Mr. Orbán’s comments in the Hungarian-majority town of Tusnádfürdő (in Romanian: Băile Tușnad) on Saturday sounded like this (in our English translation):

“I am not Donald Trump’s campaign man. I never thought that I would one day entertain the possibility that from amongst the possibilities, he would after all be better for Europe and for Hungary. I would never have imagined this, and yet this is how things stand now. I listened to this candidate and I have to tell you that he made three proposals to halt terrorism, and as a European, I could have hardly expressed what is best for Europe any better than he did.”

Mr. Orbán noted that the three elements in Mr. Trump’s platform that he most agreed with were the belief that immigration poses a security risk, the national security apparatus must be expanded and the West must stop trying to export democracy to other parts of the world.

Tibs head gonna asplode.

Nah. Delz' has pinned him down and is right about Tibs' hypocrisy. Tibs lives inside a wall, flourishing personally in a right wing country that's run Conservative values and policies to his benefit. He abhors these principles on paper, but languishes among their benefits. He expects us to not have walls and borders, while he lives within the walls and borders as one example. I don't think he'll be surprised at all by Orban's endorsement. He'll just be a little pissed off that another brick in his hypocritical wall has been jarred loose.

http://www.libertystatepark.com/emma.htm

Orban basically endorsed the end of America. On Trumps first day in office he should then take down the Statue of Liberty.
America has always stood for acceptance of the huddled masses yearning to breath free. That is why we promote democracy,
freedom and liberty around the world and were built on the wide acceptance of immigrants from all parts of the globe.

Orban basically endorsed the end of America. On Trumps first day in office he should then take down the Statue of Liberty.
America has always stood for acceptance of the huddled masses yearning to breath free. That is why we promote democracy,
freedom and liberty around the world and were built on the wide acceptance of immigrants from all parts of the globe.

That was a time and place in history where people wanted to become part of this great country not just make it like their own. We did not have the threat of these people wanting to tear us down from the inside but to bind us up. It was a melting pot of cultures. Today's so called Multi cultural society is just the opposite and encourages us to not come together but maintain our individual cultures and not assimilate. Until we can make sure we are letting in those that want to be a part of our melting pot, screw them!

Reactions: MTC

Two things here... First off i also oppose an immigration shut down, but historically the us has always turned aside undesireables.. The happy feel good narrative doesnt tell you about how we didnt let sick people in or turned away tons of foreigners at times for some stupid reasons... We never had really open borders..and we were often selective of whom we allowed in.. The "Give us your poor" poem... Thats a myth...

That was a time and place in history where people wanted to become part of this great country not just make it like their own. We did not have the threat of these people wanting to tear us down from the inside but to bind us up. It was a melting pot of cultures. Today's so called Multi cultural society is just the opposite and encourages us to not come together but maintain our individual cultures and not assimilate. Until we can make sure we are letting in those that want to be a part of our melting pot, screw them!

Pretty good take right here.

Utter evidence of how disillusioned you are.

Nowhere is Trump saying we won't continue to accept immigrants. Nowhere. He does want to ban immigration from certain countries for a period of time until greater problems are fixed - like controlling domestic terrorism, figuring out a way to better vet immigrants from shitholes like Syria, and so forth. And like so many Hispanics want, he wants to enforce immigration laws on the books. Like your ancestors and mine, come here legally and stop stealing taxpayer dollars Americans need - dollars Americans contributed to the system. Fill out the paperwork, due your duty, pay your taxes, and be welcomed with open arms.

That is how it's always "supposed" to have been. Your side has made illegal immigration not only welcomed, but have encouraged it. They have encouraged the breaking of the law. For personal party gain of course.

You know those huddled masses went through Ellis Island and were screened and vetted first right?

Since tibs is making hit and run appearances here again, should he come to this thread and acknowledge his Hungarian privilege.l?

Since tibs is making hit and run appearances here again, should he come to this thread and acknowledge his Hungarian privilege.l?

Well, it's good to know that he's safe and sound.

hun2.jpg

The Statue of Liberty never put food on my table. **** that *****.

For the record, for delzjc and anyone else who claims that Hungary is in good hands with the far-right Viktor Orban, you couldn't be more wrong. Your superficial, cliff notes analysis is skewered, does not at all represent the reality of what is happening on the ground. Orban and his cronies have built a post-communist regime based on nepotism and deep-seeded corruption. He and Fidesz is openly hated by a pretty large segment of the population. He was voted in and and has held onto power by pensioners and country-side constituents who partake in the free-flow of corrupt funds coming from the EU. No surprise he's the first politician in these parts to endorse Trump. Orban and Trump, along with Putin, have a bastardized view of democracy and the free market.

If you really want to understand what Orban is about, you need to do much more research then reading a blurb here or there. But who gives a ****? Hungary is a tiny country w about 9M people, about the size of Indiana. There has been a huge brain drain with 20-30 years olds fleeing the country these past few years, to London, to Brussels, to Berlin. Orban has an iron grip on state media, and his cronies have bought into the private media sector as well. He is surrounded by yes men, no one dares to oppose him. And there are few choices to oppose him politically. The even more far-right Jobbik, which is one of Europe's openly anti-Semitic, anti-Western parliamentary parties, and a fledging, decrepit progessive, liberal opposition. So my fight against right-wing demagogues is now happening on two continents simultaneously.

The economy on the whole is kept afloat through massive EU funding which in turn artificially inflates GDP. The tourism & hospitality sectors show legitimate growth - as Budapest is damn beautiful, a true jewel on the Danube. That is not Orban's achievement, nor can he lay claim to it. There are a few large multinationals, ie Mercedes/Audi factories, but that's pretty much it. Most, if not all legitimate foreign investment came in during the late nineties and early 2000's, well before Orban and Fidesz came into power.

A final note, everything I've achieved in this country, as an ex-pat American businessman, I've done on my own merit, through hard work. The tax system here sucks, salaries are ridiculously low, infrastructure is spotty, health care services need a major overhaul, yet Orban spends millions of Euros on pet projects (like a soccer stadium in his back yard - look it up) and lining his relatives' and friends' pockets. His populist, anti-refugee message was yet another ploy to garner the support of his brainless flock. As everyone here knows, no refugee in their right mind want(ed) to come to Hungary. Hungary just happened to be here, geographically, between the Balkans and the West, ie Austria, Germany, the Nordic countries. So they came en masse, literally wanting to pass through and head north. What does Orban do? A very Trump-move indeed. He flooded billboards around the country with hateful, venomous messages about ''We won't allow refugees to take Hungarians' jobs' and the like. It was a farce, people ridiculed him openly. Yet the right wing media here - and internationally - jumped all over it, of what a 'strong' leader Orban was to 'stand up' to the refugees. He's a ******* tool, just like Trump.

Last edited:
No one gives a **** about you or Hungary.
Duly noted. Just responding to a thread addressed to me, concerning Hungary. For sure that just went over your head.

Duly noted. Just responding to a thread addressed to me, concerning Hungary. For sure that just went over your head.

All you had to say was the part where he has built a post-communist regime, and ended it there. You're better off with him.

All you had to say was the part where he has built a post-communist regime, and ended it there. You're better off with him.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Alot of what you write about current Hungary politics can be said about the last 8 years here in the good ole USA.
Just changing a few words...

For the record, for delzjc and anyone else who claims that Hungary is in good hands with the far-right Viktor Orban, you couldn't be more wrong. Your superficial, cliff notes analysis is skewered, does not at all represent the reality of what is happening on the ground. Orban and his cronies have built a post-communist regime based on nepotism and deep-seeded corruption. He and Fidesz is openly hated by a pretty large segment of the population. He was voted in and and has held onto power by pensioners and country-side constituents who partake in the free-flow of corrupt funds coming from the EU. No surprise he's the first politician in these parts to endorse Trump. Orban and Trump, along with Putin, have a bastardized view of democracy and the free market.

If you really want to understand what Orban is about, you need to do much more research then reading a blurb here or there. But who gives a ****? Hungary is a tiny country w about 9M people, about the size of Indiana. There has been a huge brain drain with 20-30 years olds fleeing the country these past few years, to London, to Brussels, to Berlin. Orban has an iron grip on state media, and his cronies have bought into the private media sector as well. He is surrounded by yes men, no one dares to oppose him. And there are few choices to oppose him politically. The even more far-right Jobbik, which is one of Europe's openly anti-Semitic, anti-Western parliamentary parties, and a fledging, decrepit progessive, liberal opposition. So my fight against right-wing demagogues is now happening on two continents simultaneously.

The economy on the whole is kept afloat through massive EU funding which in turn artificially inflates GDP. The tourism & hospitality sectors show legitimate growth - as Budapest is damn beautiful, a true jewel on the Danube. That is not Orban's achievement, nor can he lay claim to it. There are a few large multinationals, ie Mercedes/Audi factories, but that's pretty much it. Most, if not all legitimate foreign investment came in during the late nineties and early 2000's, well before Orban and Fidesz came into power.

A final note, everything I've achieved in this country, as an ex-pat American businessman, I've done on my own merit, through hard work. The tax system here sucks, salaries are ridiculously low, infrastructure is spotty, health care services need a major overhaul, yet Orban spends millions of Euros on pet projects (like a soccer stadium in his back yard - look it up) and lining his relatives' and friends' pockets. His populist, anti-refugee message was yet another ploy to garner the support of his brainless flock. As everyone here knows, no refugee in their right mind want(ed) to come to Hungary. Hungary just happened to be here, geographically, between the Balkans and the West, ie Austria, Germany, the Nordic countries. So they came en masse, literally wanting to pass through and head north. What does Orban do? A very Trump-move indeed. He flooded billboards around the country with hateful, venomous messages about ''We won't allow refugees to take Hungarians' jobs' and the like. It was a farce, people ridiculed him openly. Yet the right wing media here - and internationally - jumped all over it, of what a 'strong' leader Orban was to 'stand up' to the refugees. He's a ******* tool, just like Trump.

You forgot to add it has almost zero Muslim population and therefore almost ZERO chance of a terrorist attack, unlike the rest of "Europe" that has allowed mass migration and immigration to play havoc with their social service programs and economy.

I find it funny your country is so rotten yet "through your hard work" your business is doing great. At least hard work gets you something in Hungary. If Crooked Hillary gets elected all hard work gets you in America will be more taxes and more guilt.

You double talk. How is yours the "only" business that is doing well if your government is run so poorly? How could it possibly be better than America, where you left? Doesn't make any sense.

I know Orban is probably a crook. They all are. Your constitution sounds like a farce if the government can run the media - wait, isn't that what the DNC and our media are doing?....

Taxes are too high and too complex? You think that's going to change with a liberal government? LOL... you are dumb.....

Your health care system is bad? You're right - it's state run and universal - like what WE'RE trying to vote against.....

You make no sense. Everything you just railed about with Hungary is representative of Hillary Clinton. Everything. Corruption. Rigged elections. State-run press. Describes the DNC to tee. The only thing right is immigration and security (which is why your tourism is going up and tourism in Greece, France and Germany are going down) and you don't even want to give Orban credit for that.

You forgot to add it has almost zero Muslim population and therefore almost ZERO chance of a terrorist attack, unlike the rest of "Europe" that has allowed mass migration and immigration to play havoc with their social service programs and economy.

I find it funny your country is so rotten yet "through your hard work" your business is doing great. At least hard work gets you something in Hungary. If Crooked Hillary gets elected all hard work gets you in America will be more taxes and more guilt.

You double talk. How is yours the "only" business that is doing well if your government is run so poorly? How could it possibly be better than America, where you left? Doesn't make any sense.

I know Orban is probably a crook. They all are. Your constitution sounds like a farce if the government can run the media - wait, isn't that what the DNC and our media are doing?....

Taxes are too high and too complex? You think that's going to change with a liberal government? LOL... you are dumb.....

Your health care system is bad? You're right - it's state run and universal - like what WE'RE trying to vote against.....

You make no sense. Everything you just railed about with Hungary is representative of Hillary Clinton. Everything. Corruption. Rigged elections. State-run press. Describes the DNC to tee. The only thing right is immigration and security (which is why your tourism is going up and tourism in Greece, France and Germany are going down) and you don't even want to give Orban credit for that.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/-im-sorry-i-*****-slapped-you-with-some-truth--881d9.png

Corruption, nepotism, and pensioners? You're talking about Hillary Clinton, right?