• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Activists Tries Police Training

I saw this awhile back. All of these so called activists need to experience this. It's all sunshine and rainbows until you are the one whose life is being threatened. **** gets reals fast and it's so very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Wow, he went from 'Activist' to 'Uncle Tom' in 15 seconds.

In fairness, the training scenario is a wee bit rigged.

The first encounter you have turns out to be with an armed assailant who ultimately attempts to kill you.

This puts you on edge for scenario 2 where a large imposing alleged assailant approaches you rapidly. (Note he is close to the same size as the first assailant and he's dressed somewhat similarly. profiling, much?)

By then you know you've shot an unarmed fellow, so by the 3rd scenario you attempt to manage the situation without discharging your weapon, but ultimately what you walk away with is the idea that the assailant DID have a weapon and could have attacked you.

In order to be completely fair, they need to randomize the encounters and switch up the armed/unarmed assailants. That would give a more realistic training and probably would provide the same results. I have no doubt the fellow DID come to the conclusion that it's really really hard to control a more or less uncontrollable situation. (I also noticed he did not "shoot the leg").

Wig, disagree 100%. Do you train for pursuit driving by puttering around residential streets at 15 mph? What the hell good is that training?

The training is designed to put the trainee under very high stress so that he or she learns from it and makes better decisions under pressure. That requires that the trainee be under ... pressure.

Wig, disagree 100%. Do you train for pursuit driving by puttering around residential streets at 15 mph? What the hell good is that training?

The training is designed to put the trainee under very high stress so that he or she learns from it and makes better decisions under pressure. That requires that the trainee be under ... pressure.

Agreed. the point of the training is that every interaction is a life or death situation. The exact situation in the first scenario has happened 100000 times. If only one time resulted in an officer being shot all officers need to be 100% on guard and dialed in. So what you and I deem a normal situation, officers have to treat as a possible life or death situation. That is why it is of upmost importance to listen and comply to police. Not really that hard to understand.

Now imagine the scenario under cover of darkness with hostility all around you. Some jurisdictions are truly hostile war zones. Self preservation is el numerous uno.

Now make that daily for years. Then throw in a national campaign to demonize every single one of you. Have your local politicians turn their back on you,defund you and handcuff you to the point you can't perform your job properly. Your risk has now gone up 10 fold.

It's no wonder a ton of officers are leaving. Who wouldn't? You're just a punching bag for mobs of criminals operating with impunity. If you arrest them,they let them right out with no charges pressed by the da.

This really means citizens are truly going to be on their own. Better be prepared.

Meanwhile an officer was just indicted for wanton endangerment in the Breonna Taylor case for shooting after being shot at and having one of his colleagues hit.

Meanwhile an officer was just indicted for wanton endangerment in the Breonna Taylor case for shooting after being shot at and having one of his colleagues hit.

i heard, as he's a sacrifical lamb to appease the outrage to follow. Louisville will burn this week because it will not be enough. BLM and ANTIFA were unloading shields today from an U-Haul truck.

BLM and ANTIFA were unloading shields today from an U-Haul truck.

Incredible how this works. As to the second quote, who's funding this ****? (Rhetorical question)

Louisville will burn this week because it will not be enough.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LOUISVILLE: buildings are already being targeted by vandals across the city <br><br>Reporter <a href="https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ShelbyTalcott</a> also mentioned that they are attacking anyone filming <br> <a href="https://t.co/EVVrhYMtIG">pic.twitter.com/EVVrhYMtIG</a></p>— ELIJAH RIOT (@ElijahSchaffer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1308866189330911238?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not arguing about that. I merely point out that the training is designed to make you more likely to shoot the fellow in the 2nd encounter due to what happened in the first.

I'm not arguing about that. I merely point out that the training is designed to make you more likely to shoot the fellow in the 2nd encounter due to what happened in the first.

But doesn't that just make it more realistic? people aren't robots. They carry experiences with them.

they better get the National Guard in there quick.

Fox reported National Guard started arriving last night.

From what I've seen, there are tons of police there, if the criminal scumbags think the are going to relive the riots in Portland or Seattle I think they're in for a rude awakening.

i heard, as he's a sacrifical lamb to appease the outrage to follow. Louisville will burn this week because it will not be enough. BLM and ANTIFA were unloading shields today from an U-Haul truck.

People should be unloading in them. I'd love to see them pull that **** down here. I'd have a few minutes of entertainment watching them get a new *** torn in them by the pd.

I still have a hard time grasping we've allowed criminals to cause 1-2 billion in damage and loss around the country, have people murdered, and still they are operating daily.

Just mind blowing.