• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Adam Schefter Finally Issues An Apology to Haskins’ Family

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
After Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins was tragically killed in an accident this past Saturday morning, ESPN reporter Adam Schefter dropped the news on Twitter with an ignorant and inconsiderate tweet. The since deleted tweet mentioned Haskins on-field, and off-field struggles for no purpose. After nearly 3 days of no comment on the situation, Schefter finally apologized on his Podcast.

Steelers Schefter

An apology and a tribute to Dwayne Haskins. pic.twitter.com/QxjShC4ZYu

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 11, 2022

While the apology is late, it was necessary. And this type of great apology was well thought out and seemed to come from the heart.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Haskins’ family and loved ones during this tragic and difficult time.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

When he first came into the talking head business I kind of liked him as he seemed knowledgeable and human. Fast forward to even just before this incident he has turned into a throw **** and hope it sticks talking head.

Salute the nation

Never paid attention but is there another Tweet that I'm missing?
No, but it’s common courtesy to leave out petty negatives in death notices… this has always been true…

This wasn’t as bad as brandt… this was farting at dinner… you say sorry and ask to be excused and nobody cares Brandt, however was more or less taking a **** on the table…

Is that the actual tweet everyone was so up in arms about?

yes, it's ridiculous. Schefter owes no apology. When you write something akin to an obituary, you always include how a person was known. As Clay Travis pointed out, when Mitt Romney dies, one of the first lines of his obit will be that he was best known for losing the election to Obama.

Maybe I'm super insensitive because I was also wondering if there was another tweet when I first heard about the outrage.

I will put this here. And it changes nothing for me if true. But it is being reported by this guy so...

First of all, insensitivity IS A PROBLEM. As Madinsomniac stated, it wasn't Brandt bad but 'why did he even have to tie Dwayne's negative past into the original tweet???'

IMO, he and many others wanted to 'be the first' at breaking the news and they really didn't care what was in their message(s).

Personally, I accept his apology and tribute.

Berm

First of all, insensitivity IS A PROBLEM. As Madinsomniac stated, it wasn't Brandt bad but 'why did he even have to tie Dwayne's negative past into the original tweet???'

IMO, he and many others wanted to 'be the first' at breaking the news and they really didn't care what was in their message(s).

Personally, I accept his apology and tribute.

Berm
It isn't just a sports problem. It is a media wide problem. Get the scoop get the scoop. Most don't care what lives they ruin in the process. I know most are just doing their job, but I for one wouldn't want a job that brings bad news on people's doorsteps.

It isn't just a sports problem. It is a media wide problem. Get the scoop get the scoop. Most don't care what lives they ruin in the process. I know most are just doing their job, but I for one wouldn't want a job that brings bad news on people's doorsteps.

The days of Clark Kent / Lois Lane / & Jimy are long gone.

In todays media it's all about the clicks and a lot of public entities they are going to get the clicks one way or another..

When reading todays news you have to get past the "sensationalism" to get to what you determin is actual news.

Salute the nation

Haskins might have only been our 3rd string QB but **** Adam Schefter with DIC's red hot poker.

Maybe I'm super insensitive because I was also wondering if there was another tweet when I first heard about the outrage.
No, in one breath Adam said he was great at OSU and struggled in the NFL simple facts that don't disparage or make light of his death. If he would have went on about it then I could see it.

I’ll just point out that this supposedly egregious tweet is the first post of the main Haskins thread and in 4 pages nobody said a peep about it. Everybody read it without even noticing anything mean spirited.

I’ll just point out that this supposedly egregious tweet is the first post of the main Haskins thread and in 4 pages nobody said a peep about it. Everybody read it without even noticing anything mean spirited.
Yep. Nobody got mad until they were told to get mad.

The days of Clark Kent / Lois Lane / & Jimy are long gone.

Salute the nation

Au contraire - Jimmy is here and strong as ever!

Damn it, Jimmy used French. On the contrary!

Double damn, Jimmy referred to himself in the 3rd person!

yes, it's ridiculous. Schefter owes no apology. When you write something akin to an obituary, you always include how a person was known. As Clay Travis pointed out, when Mitt Romney dies, one of the first lines of his obit will be that he was best known for losing the election to Obama.
I still love what Donald Trump said. In light of Romney trying to run from his wealth and somehow pass himself off as a plastic every man. Donald Trump said, “I’ve got a Gucci store worth more than Mitt Romney.”

It’s like that trend in the art world when its fashionable groupthink to like something that otherwise your senses do not tell you to like.

Because if you did not, you would be some type of gauche clod.