• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AFC North Thursday game

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Thursday night: Bengals at Baltimore…

If Baltimore Wins, they continue to lead the division. Cinci falls to 5-5 and 0-3 in the Division

If Cinci wins, Baltimore drops to 7-3 and loses the Division lead to the winner of Cleveland-Pittsburgh.

We get Cinci in two weeks on ten days rest. I think its probably better if Cinci wins this matchup. As much as i hate them and would like to see them miss the playoffs, I think if tgey beat Baltimore there is a chance they overlook us a bit.

If we can beat the Browns this week and the Bengals in two weeks, we would be 8-3 and 4-0 in the division.

Here is Baltimore season ending schedule:

Cinci
At chargers
Bye
Rams
At Jacksonville
At SF
Miami
Pittsburgh

Here is Cinci’s

At Baltimore
Pittsburgh
At Jacksonville
Colts
Vikings
At Pittsburgh
At KC
Cleveland

Ours is

At Cleveland
At Cincinnati
Cardinals
Patriots
At Colts
Cincinnati
At Seattle
At Baltimore

Cleveland has

Pittsburgh
At denver
At rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
At Houston
Jets
At Cincinatti

We really need to beat Cleveland because whomever wins that game probably has the inside track to the division down the stretch, but if we won both, the next three should be wins…
The tanking Cardinals
The imploding Pats
And the Colts with ten days to prep, and possibly in prime time..
even if we dropped one we would be at 10-4

Baltimore leads the division, so they need to lose.

Salute the nation

Thursday night: Bengals at Baltimore…

If Baltimore Wins, they continue to lead the division. Cinci falls to 5-5 and 0-3 in the Division

If Cinci wins, Baltimore drops to 7-3 and loses the Division lead to the winner of Cleveland-Pittsburgh.

We get Cinci in two weeks on ten days rest. I think its probably better if Cinci wins this matchup. As much as i hate them and would like to see them miss the playoffs, I think if tgey beat Baltimore there is a chance they overlook us a bit.

If we can beat the Browns this week and the Bengals in two weeks, we would be 8-3 and 4-0 in the division.

Here is Baltimore season ending schedule:

Cinci
At chargers
Bye
Rams
At Jacksonville
At SF
Miami
Pittsburgh

Here is Cinci’s

At Baltimore
Pittsburgh
At Jacksonville
Colts
Vikings
At Pittsburgh
At KC
Cleveland

Ours is

At Cleveland
At Cincinnati
Cardinals
Patriots
At Colts
Cincinnati
At Seattle
At Baltimore

Cleveland has

Pittsburgh
At denver
At rams
Jacksonville
Chicago
At Houston
Jets
At Cincinatti

We really need to beat Cleveland because whomever wins that game probably has the inside track to the division down the stretch, but if we won both, the next three should be wins…
The tanking Cardinals
The imploding Pats
And the Colts with ten days to prep, and possibly in prime time..
even if we dropped one we would be at 10-4
Looks like Cleveland has the easiest remaining schedule.

This upcoming game is critical to the Steelers season.

I can’t believe it, but my preseason prediction of the Steelers going 11-6 could possibly be right on. Of course I’ll hate myself for saying that if they go 9-8 again.

I can’t believe it, but my preseason prediction of the Steelers going 11-6 could possibly be right on. Of course I’ll hate myself for saying that if they go 9-8 again.
Bite your tongue dude. Pat yourself on the back after it actually happens.

I see a team that has figured out how to run the ball but still has no passing game, and can't defend the pass. That is a recipe for losses if they don't get it fixed.

I'll watch and hope for wins and a playoff spot, but I am not trying to figure out how they win the division quite yet.

I see a team that has figured out how to run the ball but still has no passing game, and can't defend the pass. That is a recipe for losses if they don't get it fixed.

I'll watch and hope for wins and a playoff spot, but I am not trying to figure out how they win the division quite yet.
A team who can run when it gets cold, can win the turn over battle, and limit points in the 4th quarter can be viewed as a recipe for wins.

I think if we are going to microscope in on the minus we need to microscope in on the plus as well.

Call me nuts, but the idea of Cincy being beaten down like a loud mouthed punk, is very happy. I don't mind being one-half game behind the Rats. Lamar will gaff it up somehow anyway, and we won't be worth anything in the playoffs, if we even get there. I doubt we get there.

I want to see a whole series of bungal fans getting famous like that crying chick, for years, for ever.

Bite your tongue dude. Pat yourself on the back after it actually happens.
Eh, until they start winning playoff games, correctly predicting their regular season record will only be a small consolation prize.

I live near Baltimore and work with a ton of Raven fans. Today has a great feel to it. Everyone sad. Everyone bitching about Lamar. You know the same Lamar that up until yesterday was the Goat.

So I say go cincy on Thursday. Would love to have another day like today,. On Friday

I live near Baltimore and work with a ton of Raven fans. Today has a great feel to it. Everyone sad. Everyone bitching about Lamar. You know the same Lamar that up until yesterday was the Goat.

So I say go cincy on Thursday. Would love to have another day like today,. On Friday
That was my day at work when the Bungles or Clowns lost. I hope they both lose on Thursday - yellow flags everywhere.

Baltimore leads the division, so they need to lose.

Salute the nation
I do agree with you… especially since if we beat the Browns and the Ravens lose to Cincinnati, then we only need to beat Cincinnati one of the two games we have against them to own all the division tiebreakers….

Because beating the Browns gives us a head to head sweep vs them, and a 3-0 division record
And after a bengals win, they would be 1-2 in the division, With the Ravens at 2-3 after that loss.
Then if we win one of the two bengals games and everyone in the division has 3 losses. We cant lose more than 2, so anyone trying to win the division would have to beat us in wins outright…

So lets pretend we go 2-0 the next two weeks
We are 8-3 with six games to go..
if tge Ravens lose to the bengals, they are at best one game behind us in this scenario, as is Cleveland.

Now look at those schedules.. its not hard to see us going 3-3 down the stretch… that puts us at 11 wins and six losses, meaning that any division team would have to go 12-5 to win the division, all of them entering the final six games needing to finish at least 5-1 to win the division (Cincinnati would need to go 6-0)

Even if we go 2-4 down the stretch,(finishing 10-7)… in that scenario look at those schedules… Cleveland might have a punchers chance at a 4-2 finish… but tge ravens finishing 4-2 vs that lineup and the bengals going 5–1? Those are big asks… not impossible but probably unlikely…

The bottom line is if we can win this week and the ratbirds lose, it probably gives us a over 60% chance of winning the division…

If we win this week and next week and the Ravens lose this week, we would have to really Tomlin it up down the stretch to lose the division

I do agree with you… especially since if we beat the Browns and the Ravens lose to Cincinnati, then we only need to beat Cincinnati one of the two games we have against them to own all the division tiebreakers….

Because beating the Browns gives us a head to head sweep vs them, and a 3-0 division record
And after a bengals win, they would be 1-2 in the division, With the Ravens at 2-3 after that loss.
Then if we win one of the two bengals games and everyone in the division has 3 losses. We cant lose more than 2, so anyone trying to win the division would have to beat us in wins outright…

So lets pretend we go 2-0 the next two weeks
We are 8-3 with six games to go..
if tge Ravens lose to the bengals, they are at best one game behind us in this scenario, as is Cleveland.

Now look at those schedules.. its not hard to see us going 3-3 down the stretch… that puts us at 11 wins and six losses, meaning that any division team would have to go 12-5 to win the division, all of them entering the final six games needing to finish at least 5-1 to win the division (Cincinnati would need to go 6-0)

Even if we go 2-4 down the stretch,(finishing 10-7)… in that scenario look at those schedules… Cleveland might have a punchers chance at a 4-2 finish… but tge ravens finishing 4-2 vs that lineup and the bengals going 5–1? Those are big asks… not impossible but probably unlikely…

The bottom line is if we can win this week and the ratbirds lose, it probably gives us a over 60% chance of winning the division…

If we win this week and next week and the Ravens lose this week, we would have to really Tomlin it up down the stretch to lose the division

ALL true, and don't rule out the "Tomlin up" part either, we have seen the "fade" before.

Salute the nation

It's at home on a very short week. I also don't see the Steelers looking ahead to the Colts.

I had predicted a loss there all year, but I am foolishly optimistic now.. Thursday night games usually default to talent and basic scheme… and while our scheme is stupid, our talent has overcome it on weeks teams have been able to plan for it…

I think the pats suck this season … and that short week dry spell Tomlin teams have had seems to have changed starting last year …

C hearts use to look into the crystal ball and be able to predict other teams plays………….

NOW, not so much

Salute the nation

I just hope Billy boy never wins more than 5 games in a season again.. he is 18 wins from second place all time and 28 from the record… a couple terrible years and he will absolutely get fired, and he is 71… nobody is going to hired a mid 70 year old coach

I just hope Billy boy never wins more than 5 games in a season again.. he is 18 wins from second place all time and 28 from the record… a couple terrible years and he will absolutely get fired, and he is 71… nobody is going to hired a mid 70 year old coach
Handjob Bob is getting restless as I type this. Bill isn't long for the football coaching world.

And I like that

A couple of years? There is a lot of smoke right now he'll be gone after this season.