• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Amendment on the PA ballot-

swal75

Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...ll-column-for-Opinion-27/stories/201610230137

Proposed Constitutional Amendment 1 · Amending The Mandatory Judicial Retirement Age

Shall the Pennsylvania Constitution be amended to require that justices of the Supreme Court, judges, and magisterial district judges be retired on the last day of the calendar year in which they attain the age of 75 years?

Forget what the rules are of copy pasting articles, but the referendum on the ballot this year is ambiguously worded and by voting yes on the retirement age being set at 75, you are actually INCREASING the mandatory retirement age from 70 to 75.

I'd vote for some type of term limit on all judges including the Supreme Court. It's absolutely necessary given the court no longer just holds to the constitution. You have to balance out that power by not letting them sit until they drop over dead.

.If you vote "No" then the mandatory retirement age remains at 70.

I don't know if changing the age limit is the right answer, but I'd definitely be on board with term limits. Frankly, I think the Supreme Court justices should be voted on by the people, not appointed by the President. That is WAY TOO much power by one branch over another.