• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And ....... another one.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
This will drive me out of the NFL fan pool. Can't stand PC nonsense.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/07...-all-you-have-to-do-is-worship-at-their-feet/

July 22, 2014
If you want to prove you don’t hate gays, all you have to do is worship at their feet

Read more at http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/07...is-worship-at-their-feet/#wbKb6yF27PdjIR4i.99

I have never in my life encountered a religion as oppressive, cold, and stiff as Progressivism. I’ve never known a faith more eager to burn heretics at the stake. Even a fundamentalist Iranian Muslim would flinch if he came face to face with a western liberal’s rigid dogmatism. I imagine that even a Saudi Arabian Islamic cleric would take one look at how American left wingers react when anyone deviates ever so slightly from their established orthodoxy, and say to himself, “man, these people REALLY need to chill.”
The Cult of Leftism has many tenets, and it demands full compliance with all of them, but nothing in its creed compares to the sanctity of their two great sacraments: child murder and sodomy. You must not question these, but t.......

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
This will drive me out of the NFL fan pool. Can't stand PC nonsense.

http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/07...-all-you-have-to-do-is-worship-at-their-feet/

Y'know when it was said in the aftermath of 9/11 that "the best thing we could do is live our lives as normal despite terror"? Yeah, we didn't, but you get the point, right? The best thing we all can do is live our lives and ignore the left. There are too few of them to matter beyond the caterwauling in the media.

Whether or not a sodomite plays in the NFL is dependent on his ability to contribute to the business that employs him commensurate with what they pay him. Like any other player, as long as he does, he stays. When he doesn't, he's gone. Does anyone born before 2012 imagine that Sam is the first sodomite in the NFL? The only thing that distinguishes Sam from other sodomites is the spectacular narcissism of "declaring" just before the draft. But had he not, he wouldn't have been drafted and would have been a footnote to nothing. Beyond the caterwauling of the media, there isn't a story here. And that is the sum of Coach Dungy's point - he wouldn't want to have to deal with the caterwauling of the media over a single sodomite while trying to prepare a contender. And in fairness to the 90 kids trying to make a team, the 53 that make it, the other coaches, the owners, and the fans, why would any sane coach want to?

Live your life. Enjoy the Steelers. Ignore the sodomites' shills.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I think Dungy's point, as put forth by Limbaugh today, is that Sam simply isn't worth the media hassle for a 7th round pick.
I think Sam came out of the closet to put pressure on the NFL TO draft him and to help his chances of sticking with a team by making them afraid to cut him.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Dungy's point, as put forth by Limbaugh today, is that Sam simply isn't worth the media hassle for a 7th round pick.
I think Sam came out of the closet to put pressure on the NFL TO draft him and to help his chances of sticking with a team by making them afraid to cut him.

My thoughts exactly.

bmoritz

Reaction score
Plain and simple, all this talk about how he was a 3rd rounder is pure BS. He was a borderline prospect to begin with, came out (only because he was going to be outed soon anyways, and claimed he wanted to do it "on his terms") then he completely bombed the combine. By coming out, like Ron said, he forced the NFLs hand. There would have been a crapstorm of headaches and legal threats if he would've not been drafted. You watch, the Rams will mysteriously get a prime third round compensation pick in next year's draft. Sam is an attention *****. His "I only want to be known as a football player, not as a gay player" is a flat out lie. HE put his gayness front and center, HE reveled in the attention. HE is the one that wanted an Oprah reality show. I can't wait until he's cut, and his 15 minutes of fame are over.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
it cracked me up watching all of the people on Facebook yapping about how it was terrible that he was the SEC def player of the year and he went in the 7th round just because he was gay and that all of the NFL teams were homophobes. Ask those idiots what an end around or a tight end is and they think you are making a homophobe comment. Ignore the idiots....I should make a bumper sticker or tshirt with that one.

ark steel

Reaction score
Shutdown corner noted that it is ironic that Dungy's comments have had the exact effect he would have wanted to avoid as a coach.

The problem with that statement is that anyone with a brain knew what Dungy meant and it is the media that made it the story that it is, not Dungy and not Sam.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
it cracked me up watching all of the people on Facebook yapping about how it was terrible that he was the SEC def player of the year and he went in the 7th round just because he was gay and that all of the NFL teams were homophobes..

Facebook is the lair of the Devil.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Plain and simple, all this talk about how he was a 3rd rounder is pure BS. He was a borderline prospect to begin with, came out (only because he was going to be outed soon anyways, and claimed he wanted to do it "on his terms") then he completely bombed the combine. By coming out, like Ron said, he forced the NFLs hand. There would have been a crapstorm of headaches and legal threats if he would've not been drafted. You watch, the Rams will mysteriously get a prime third round compensation pick in next year's draft. Sam is an attention *****. His "I only want to be known as a football player, not as a gay player" is a flat out lie. HE put his gayness front and center, HE reveled in the attention. HE is the one that wanted an Oprah reality show. I can't wait until he's cut, and his 15 minutes of fame are over.
Yes, but his little white boyfriend is so cute. Can't wait to see the camera cutting to him if or when Sam makes a play. "Yay, yay, that's my boyfriend!!!"
You KNOW they will.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
If I understand what Dungy said correctly since I didn't hear the comments myself, he said that he would not have drafted Sam based on his ability not being enough to balance out the media circus drafting him would bring. Now I am on record being in favor of the rights of gay people. That being said, there is nothing inflammatory or even slightly offensive about his comments that I can see.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
For a group that cried for years for tolerance they sure are an intolerant group huh?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Facebook is the lair of the Devil.
Nah, it's great because large numbers of people all over the world can connect and discuss at length why Bomma sucks.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Lets go over this:

Sam was a middling talent . Physically he was not surefire top 2 round material despite his coDPOY award.
This year was perhaps the absolute deepest draft for his position ever. Had he come out (lol for the draft) a few years ago he may well have been a 4th or maybe even a 3rd round pick, but he was buried by better talent this draft.

The initial mock drafts that saw him as an undrafted player or at best a 7th were before he "came out".
It is at least reasonable to suspect looking at the timeline that he "came out" to gain an advantage in the draft when it looked like he was going to get lost in the huge talent pool.

He is absolutely guaranteed to be a huge media distraction.

If I am a coach I probable do not draft him because there was comparable prospects available even undrafted. I don't need the media harping about an issue that frankly I don't give a damn about. I have repeated this rant to my homosexual friends and they see no issue with it. they agree.

Michael Sam is a good Football story, but he is a bad gamble as a prospect, especially since cutting him will bring a PC nightmare down on you, leaving the probability that a more deserving player is left out of a spot to pacify a group that is relatively insignificant ratings wise but very vocal.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but his little white boyfriend is so cute. Can't wait to see the camera cutting to him if or when Sam makes a play. "Yay, yay, that's my boyfriend!!!"
You KNOW they will.

His boyfriend is the son of a Kansas City mob boss.....

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score