• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Army's first female Ranger School graduates

Spike

Reaction score
image.jpg

Capt. Kristen Griest, left, and 1st Lt. Shaye Haver, right, will become the first female soldiers ever to graduate from Ranger School on Aug. 21, 2015.

For more than 120 days, Capt. Kristen Griest and 1st Lt. Shaye Haver have ground it out at Ranger School, the Army's famously difficult school designed to build elite leaders capable of withstanding the rigors of combat. They've withstood fearsome weather, exhausting hikes, sleepless nights and simulated combat patrols designed to test their reaction time, teamwork and tenacity under fire.

On Friday, the two women will become the first female soldiers ever to graduate from the course at Fort Benning, Ga., receiving the coveted black and yellow Ranger Tab alongside 94 male counterparts. Griest, a military police officer from Orange, Conn., and Haver, an Apache helicopter pilot from Copperas Cove, Texas, are among a group of 20 women who qualified to attend the first gender-integrated Ranger School beginning April 20, and the only two female soldiers to complete it to date.

The graduation of Haver and Griest, both in their 20s and alumnae of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., increases pressure on the Army to integrate women into more combat jobs.

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/these-are-the-army-s-first-female-ranger-school-graduates-1.363536

----------------------

Hua

I think that needs to be confirmed with a ball check.

The Iggy on this is they were gun decked to graduation. Word from some people at RTB who want to remain anonymous because they want to make it to 20 years is that some field problems were failed and subsequently regarded by VERY senior officers and there was at least one instance of mouthing off at RTB cadre. Those things usually get you washed out. The Ranger Tab officially means jack squat now.

Someone needs to cook and clean when they're out on a mission.

Just another training program for jobs that do not exist.

My daughter graduated from West Point this last May. Because of her athletic prowess, she was encouraged to attend Ranger school by her superiors...she was told that she would make history by being the first female to get through the course.
I said **** no. Told her she could also make history by being the first female Ranger killed.

My daughter graduated from West Point this last May. Because of her athletic prowess, she was encouraged to attend Ranger school by her superiors...she was told that she would make history by being the first female to get through the course.
I said **** no. Told her she could also make history by being the first female Ranger killed.

Congrats your daughter Stewey...You must be a proud papa!

I understand your concern..

I am assuming she did not go to Ranger school?

Congrats your daughter Stewey...You must be a proud papa!

I understand your concern..

I am assuming she did not go to Ranger school?

Thanks Dino...extremely proud. Still pinch myself sometimes. Graduated 32nd with honors in a class of 998, physics major.

No, she didn't go to Ranger school, so what does this girl do?...she chose a branch that is also very dangerous...combat engineering.
I lied awake at night after she chose that rout...it was her intense desire "to be out there", and not behind some desk.

And because of her high class rank, she got to choose where she wanted be assigned...we're goin on vacation to Italy!

She's the short one lol...

2e3zlo8.jpg

A far cry from her HS pic.

f4041f.jpg

Last edited:
One of my nephews is joining the Army at the end of this month. I told him don't be a grunt, see if he can get into medical equipment repair, $100,000 job when you get out and you work in air-conditioned comfort surrounded by chicks at the hospital. He wanted to join the AF and become a PJ, but he couldn't get high enough scores on his entrance tests.

But I'm afraid I think he thinks it's all gonna be a video game.

And his dad just bought him a new BMW. He's pretty spoiled.

Thanks Dino...extremely proud. Still pinch myself sometimes. Graduated 32nd with honors in a class of 998, physics major.

No, she didn't go to Ranger school, so what does this girl do?...she chose a branch that is also very dangerous...combat engineering.
I lied awake at night after she chose that rout...it was her intense desire "to be out there", and not behind some desk.

And because of her high class rank, she got to choose where she wanted be assigned...we're goin on vacation to Italy!

She's the short one lol...

2e3zlo8.jpg

A far cry from her HS pic.

f4041f.jpg

You are a lucky man Stewey..... and as they say in Italiano you have a bellissima figlia...

God Bless and have fun in Italy!