• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

back to segregation

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
so now blacks want to go back to segregation??? you just can't make this **** up. What would be the fallout if whites demanded this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/06/calif-university-latest-to-establish-black-only-housing.html

A California university is the latest public school of higher education to establish “black-only” co-ed housing in response to demands from African-American students seeking refuge from what they consider insensitive remarks and “microaggressions” from their white classmates.

California State University Los Angeles established the segregated housing for black students in time for the current school year, according to The College Fix. The school complied with demands issued nine months ago by the university’s Black Student Union.

“[It] would provide a cheaper alternative housing solution for Black students,” read one of the union’s demands. “This space would also serve as a safe space for [black students] to congregate, connect, and learn from each other.”

The newly debuted Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community “focuses on academic excellence and learning experiences that are inclusive and non-discriminatory,” Cal State LA spokesman Robert Lopez told The College Fix.

University of Connecticut and UC Davis and Berkeley also offer black-only housing. In February, FoxNews.com reported that UConn’s main campus in Storrs launched a program slated for fall in which 40 black male undergraduates live together in on-campus housing.

Proponents believe the students can draw on their common experiences to support one another. Critics cringe at the idea of black-only housing, saying it turns decades of hard-fought racial progress on its head.

Niger Innis, the national spokesperson for the Congress of Racial Equality, said UConn may be unintentionally creating an atmosphere where black students are “the other.”

“If they wanted to go to an all-black institution, there are plenty of historically black colleges that still exist,” he told FoxNews.com. “But if they want to go to an institution that is racially diverse and integrated, then racial diversity and integration is part of it. To have a university-sanctioned segregation or separation is, to me, a bit troubling.”

The Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community will be within the 192 furnished apartments on campus. Other communities tied by specific themes have their own housing, though none are designated by race.

CSULA’s Housing Services page calls it an effort to “enhance the residential experience for students who are a part of or interested in issues of concern to the black community living on campus by offering the opportunity to connect with faculty and peers, and engage in programs that focus on academic success, cultural awareness, and civic engagement.”

On its Instagram page, the Halisi community called it a “long overdue, but well deserved” achievement, Young America’s Foundation reported.

Students who seek to live in Halisi must agree to “respect the differences of others that live in my community and look for positive thing to learn from them,” “be an advocate for change if the tools and resources available are deemed inadequate,” and “accept that I am still learning and need to be open to new ideas and experiences.”

On its housing page, the school said, "We currently have a long wait list and are no longer accepting applications for Housing for the fall 2016 semester.

I think this may be the norm in a couple years again. I think it was Vice news back in 2012 did a documentary on the University of Alabama having fraternities and sororities non-accepting of blacks. So.....racism never died

LOL! Progressives? Self segregation?

Selma?

Will they want their own water fountains too?

Martin Luther King, Jr. is rolling over in his grave right now.

And this is why.....I mean......**** it. Not even worth my breath.

I see this in the HS. Aside from the athletes who hang together, the white kids stay separate from the black kids who stay away from the Mexicans who stay away from the Asians. This isn't a racist comment. It's the truth.

You are now officially in college. You need to know several things about this condition. You will not like knowing them, which is part of why they are important. I will elucidate.

To begin, you do not belong here. You are spoiled, self-important, narcissistic, infantile brats, unprepared for college work, in which you likely have little interest. In the past, students of your age were almost adult and trying to learn how to be adults. You are different, alas. Your chief interest for four years will be in avoiding adulthood. This will be easy because you are less mature than earlier students, less prepared academically, and less ready for university.
http://fredoneverything.org/on-campus-at-u-pe-the-university-of-practically-everywhere/

Welcome to post-racial America, thanks to the great Unifier.

I have zero issues with anyone self segregating. I believe that all people have an absolute natural right to freely associate and part of that right is freely associating with only those people that they choose to associate with. The issue I have is A public university providing funds for black only residential facilities. That is governmental discrimination. And since we all fund the government and the government represents all of us it has no right to discriminate against any of us.

I see this in the HS. Aside from the athletes who hang together, the white kids stay separate from the black kids who stay away from the Mexicans who stay away from the Asians. This isn't a racist comment. It's the truth.

I graduated from college back in '82 and even then the blacks mostly kept to themselves. One who didn't was one of my best friends and was in my first wedding.

I'm not sure the culture will ever change. I have a good friend that worked in the Detroit school district in an administrative type role.
She was involved in a school lock down for close to 14 hours in the mid 80's.
The reason? There weren't enough blacks teaching the students, and the local community became violent because of it.
Color was more important than the education.

Wallace_T_small.jpg

"Segregation Today......Segregation Tomorrow......Segregation Forever!"

I'm not sure the culture will ever change. I have a good friend that worked in the Detroit school district in an administrative type role.
She was involved in a school lock down for close to 14 hours in the mid 80's.
The reason? There weren't enough blacks teaching the students, and the local community became violent because of it.
Color was more important than the education.

Yet probably very few blacks in inner city Detroit finish high school and go to college to become teachers. More of the Liberal Plantation where people are groomed to believe that what they want should magically appear from the government.

True segregation, would be saying: Whites aren't allowed in this black housing area at all. I strongly doubt that is the case since many of them will have white friends, significant others, and staff that will be free to walk within that building. This happens all the time in colleges. We had a floor where the Myerhoff students (black scholarship recipients) lived. I visited friends there frequently, and was never barred access.

Yet probably very few blacks in inner city Detroit finish high school and go to college to become teachers. More of the Liberal Plantation where people are groomed to believe that what they want should magically appear from the government.

I read somewhere that the HS graduation rates are higher in Mogadishu Somalia than Detroit.