• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bannon vs. Trump

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
While the country is doing very well, these two need to settle their differences off the line. Of course, the left will fan the flames for free, but Trump cannot afford to lose the side of the news that reports his accomplishments and hope to win in 2020. Bannon can destroy that part of the press.

If I were advising the President, I tell him to start making deals with Democrats on infrastructure projects, in return for votes on better border security " the wall " before the 2018 elections.

With tax cuts to make the economy boom, a better border wall and some infrastructure that needs upgrading, Trump will have one heck of a record to run on!

DSpwZW_WsAM1l_P.jpg:large

Bannon will lose. Just watch. As much as I personally can't stand Trump ultimately he's far more appealing to the masses than Bannon.

Wolff is already being widely discredited, even in WAPO.

(Oh awesome job on that civil discourse thing Tibs. Kudos.)

Oh awesome job on that civil discourse thing Tibs. Kudos.
Based on the overwhelming responses in that thread, that's all null and void at this point. I'll take my lead from the rest of the board and leave it at that.

Bannon will lose. Just watch. As much as I personally can't stand Trump ultimately he's far more appealing to the masses than Bannon.

Wolff is already being widely discredited, even in WAPO.

If only someone could discredit Trumps own comments and tweets. The book is essentially airing the dirty laundry of a person most already think to be incompetent and mentally ill.

Bannon is a ******* cuckoo. Too insane even for the Drumphster.

Last edited:
The Mercers, who own Breitbart, have severed ties with Bannon. They know the MAGA movement is led by Trump, not Bannon. I hope Bannon continues to slam GOPe incumbents though. We need to drain the swamp and get new, uncorrupted blood in D.C.

it's all working out just as planned

Donald Trump rises with Steve Bannon’s fall

Steve Bannon has unified the Republican Party — against Steve Bannon.

And President Donald Trump stands to benefit most from his former chief strategist's comeuppance.

Without Bannon barking in his ear — and nipping at the heels of Republican senators — it will be easier for Trump to deliver on the remainder of a legislative agenda that threatens to strain his base over issues such as federal spending, government wiretaps and immigration.

Similarly, a weakened Bannon figures to have less firepower to challenge sitting Republican senators — and imperil Trump's GOP majority — in this year's midterm elections.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/trump-rises-bannon-s-fall-n834731

I dunno guys...

Bannon is a top media guy who can praise Trump and report the news the left will not. He was also a key man in helping Trump get elected. Both assets appear to be gone.

Also, Bannon was likely in some strategy and meetings where sensitive information was discussed. If he foes full turncoat, the press will have a real story, and this Russia nonsense will quickly fade away.

While the tax bill was a big win, I think Trumps needs to get working on the wall/border security and cut some deals with the Democrats for infrastructure as retaining the majority in the Senate is not a sure thing in the 2018 elections.

From a strategic perspective, now is the time for action. Waiting for risks much, and if the Dem's win control of the Senate, Trump is going to have a tough time doing anything in year 3 and 4 of his Presidency