• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ben Roethlisberger Making Most of Retirement

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When you hear Ben Roethlisberger, you think of his 18 memorable years of backyard football, two Super Bowl victories, never finishing a season under .500 win percentage, and his endless accolades, all while wearing the black and gold. So, what does a person like that do after spending over a quarter of his life playing football, dating back to high school? As Aaron Rodgers put it so perfectly before, R-E-L-A-X.

It appears that Roethlisberger took Rodgers’ advice.

Since announcing his retirement from the Pittsburgh Steelers in January, Roethlisberger has been enjoying his time with his family, the Pittsburgh community, and keeping in touch with his religious side, something that he’s opened up about in the past. Just a few weeks after retiring, the official Twitter account for Roethlisberger posted an image of him at a concert with Micah Tyler at a MercyMe concert, both of whom are popular Christian musicians.

Ben with @MicahTylerMusic & @mercyme at the @PPGPaintsArena tonight.
🎶
pic.twitter.com/OwfTOEm7Ou

— BigBen7.com (@_BigBen7) February 19, 2022

Roethlisberger has continued to support the Christian community, appearing in several events including the Ignite Men’s Conference and the Sports Spectrum Podcast, to share his personal journey, such as his recent decision to get baptized again, carrying his “Big Ben” title and how he continues to acclimate to life without football. You can listen to the full episode here.

Ben Roethlisberger
Ben Roethlisberger at the ‘Ignite Men’s Impact Weekend’ Conference in Lynchburg, VA. | Twitter: @DaveWallsWSET

Ben Roethlisberger Spends time with the community and with family

Roethlisberger’s impact on the Pittsburgh community goes without saying. He and his family wasted no time catching up with a few members of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Pittsburgh Pirates in separate appearances this winter. Just a few weeks ago in March, the Penguins recognized Roethlisberger with an honorary puck drop and the entire team wore customized Roethlisberger jerseys during warm-ups, as well.

The @penguins are celebrating 7⃣ tonight
🙌
pic.twitter.com/qbNlzvCXe3

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) March 29, 2022

As of now, there aren’t any plans for him to throw out the honorary first pitch at a Pirates game this season.

Most recently, Roethlisberger’s Twitter page shared photos of himself with his son, Bodie, at a Toby Mack concert and photos of him and his family soaking up the sun.

What’s next for Roethlisberger?

He is eligible for a Hall of Fame induction in 2027 to meet the five-year eligibility rule. Between now and then, we’re sure he will continue to spend time with family and friends while making appearances in the community. Whatever it may be, it looks like Roethlisberger is doing retirement right.

What is your favorite memory of Roethlisberger? Let us know in the comments, below.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

As of now, there aren’t any plans for him to throw out the honorary first pitch at a Pirates game this season.

I think Ben may be concerned that the Pirates would demand he remain on the bump and become one of their starting pitchers.

FIRST OFF

F-U-C-K AAron Rodgers.!

I think Ben is being BEN and no one can blame him. I'm glad he is keeping his faith active and in a helping mood. I think he will remain helpful through out the community and then some. I also think his K-9 project will continue for a long time.

Salute the nation

FIRST OFF

F-U-C-K AAron Rodgers.!

I think Ben is being BEN and no one can blame him. I'm glad he is keeping his faith active and in a helping mood. I think he will remain helpful through out the community and then some. I also think his K-9 project will continue for a long time.

Salute the nation
what you do to rogers is your business....we don't want to hear about it

Well he isnt fat yet. I thought ben would balloon out after he quit playing

Best memory of him was strangely enough not a great pass or escape from a tacklers grip but The Immaculate Tackle vs. the Colts in the playoffs.

Best memory of him was strangely enough not a great pass or escape from a tacklers grip but The Immaculate Tackle vs. the Colts in the playoffs.
Man I had so many....hard to choose. Besides the plan to Santonio and "the tackle", I am fond of the play where he broke his nose but stayed in the game. He was one tough SOB.

Last edited:
Glad to see Ben enjoying retirement with his family and being involved with the community. It was rocky in the beginning with Ben but we all watched him mature and become a great QB but even better, a great family man. Proud of what Ben has become over the years.

Man I had so many....hard to choose. Besides the plan to Santonio and "the tackle", I am find of the play where he broke his nose but stayed in the game. He was one tough SOB.

A calm cool and collected Ben taking the team down the field with perfect throws to Holmes is right up there with the tackle as one of my most favorite memories of Ben.

Ben was always down to football. It’s hard to believe it’s over. I’ve done gone and got old.

"What is your favorite memory of Roethlisberger?"

Ain't really a "favorite". Sides, too many to mention. Ain't watched a lot of football over the last few years, cept them Steelers when they's on where ever I'm at. Gonna miss watching him play. Seems he has moved on well and is going forward positively after retirement. He even bought a farm near where he lives as a place to start having Father and Son retreats to help families stay closer.

From powermeentrepreneurs . com ...

“We just bought a farm about a mile from my house,” the Super Bowl-winning QB said of the father-son retreat. “We’re gonna have hiking trails, we’re gonna have horses, we’re gonna have fishing, we’re gonna have fruit trees and chickens for eggs and bees for honey and all this stuff.” The goal, he said, is to “connect fathers and sons.”

Oh hey, howdy ya'll!

A calm cool and collected Ben taking the team down the field with perfect throws to Holmes is right up there with the tackle as one of my most favorite memories of Ben.
Yep not just one but two perfect throws. One of the best to ever lace them up.