• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER proving the nay-sayers

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
W-R-O-N-G

Article talks about BEN proving the nay-sayers wrong. Talks about his diet and workout regime being stricter than t*mmyb*y and suggests he needs TB12. I'm all for the TB12 provided its the exact same thing t*mmyb*y is taking and not the watered down version.

The reality is that the PITTSBURGH STEELERS have not been shown a lot of respect by the media and that in itself can be a very driving motivation. I see BEN & Team more driven than ever and I think they outperform media expectations.

Salute the nation

I read this and saw another post/article about Ben being on a "stricter" diet than Tom Brady this offseason. It said he has never been as committed to diet and fitness in the offseason as this one. And, that's after he had an incredible offseason last year with rehabbing.

Doing just what I talked about at the end of last season. Training hard and focusing on nutrition. There's nothing more I'd like to see from him than this.

If the whole team works harder than everyone else,coaches included. I like our chances. Conditioning plays a huge part in the longevity and durability. The outfoxing those who are trying to outfox you is critical as the season goes and teams get a lot of film on you.

Very few teams accomplish great things nowadays on just talent. Everyone is talented. Being unpredictable never hurts your chances.

With that being said I hope we can line up and run people the **** over. That will certainly give our super talented wide receivers a chance to shine.

... season must be getting close. I'm getting amped up!

So by TB 12 does he mean just diet or the designer steroids too?

It solely depends on if you're getting the t*mmyb*y's version or the over the counter version.............................

Salute the nation

Ben staying in shape, the addition of Harris, hopefully an imaginative new OC, and they may silence the critics.

Just losing Randy Fitchner is a huge addition by subtraction. Same goes for Serrett (OL coach).

Salute the nation

New article in the PG I just saw had a comment from one of the idiot writers and he showed pictures of Ben from a OTA's and saying he looks the same as every year. Dude is about as dumb as they come from reading that comment and many of the things he has written that I have wasted my time reading. Ben looked great in OTA's. I said this back during OTA's. If he lost another maybe 10 lbs while eating right and working out before camp, he will be in phenomenal shape for him and better than last year. Hopefully, he is focusing on his arm and elbow, and he is focusing on his legs to improve strength and flexibility (as much as possible) around his knee. This will help his "arthritis" and any knee issues he may have.

Ben, in the face of all the critiques and criticism, has been absolutely quiet this off season. JuJu, in the face of every day life as a Tik Tok, Youtube, FB, media darling, has been absolutely quiet this off season. Vince, Haskins, Dionte ... Go down the list and all the guys with something to prove or who have been questioned by the media/fans/etc. have all been quiet this off season - except Bush and Layne. I am hoping this is a sign that they are all putting in the work to up their game this year and make all the doubters eat some humble pie.

We seem to play at our best when nobody gives us a chance...so fill up that bandwagon of hate all yee talking heads

Bring it, cause you’re gonna make us come get some!

New article in the PG I just saw had a comment from one of the idiot writers and he showed pictures of Ben from a OTA's and saying he looks the same as every year. Dude is about as dumb as they come from reading that comment and many of the things he has written that I have wasted my time reading. Ben looked great in OTA's. I said this back during OTA's. If he lost another maybe 10 lbs while eating right and working out before camp, he will be in phenomenal shape for him and better than last year. Hopefully, he is focusing on his arm and elbow, and he is focusing on his legs to improve strength and flexibility (as much as possible) around his knee. This will help his "arthritis" and any knee issues he may have.
They're all idiots, they make it sound like Ben is looking like Jared Lorenzen, especially the idiots on the Fan.

Just saw today Cowherd jumped into the fray questioning Ben's commitment.

Now, here is my problem with what he says. He stated and has stated that he feels Ben has never had the commitment of a Brady or a Russell Wilson (said that today, apparently), but he has also included Drew Brees in the past. There is where it falls apart for me. Brady is just different, whatever it is, he just is. So he stands alone. It isn't like Wilson or Brees have won more than Ben doing it their way. So the whole argument makes no damn sense when you include anyone else not named Brady. Right?

Now, here is my problem with what he says. He stated and has stated that he feels Ben has never had the commitment of a Brady or a Russell Wilson (said that today, apparently), but he has also included Drew Brees in the past. There is where it falls apart for me. Brady is just different, whatever it is, he just is. So he stands alone. It isn't like Wilson or Brees have won more than Ben doing it their way. So the whole argument makes no damn sense when you include anyone else not named Brady. Right?
It's safe to pick on Ben. After all, Brady is their QB messiah, Brees is their QB who came back from injury to be a HOF'er. Wilson is their ultra-religious QB.
Ben is the guy who used to live it up; drinking with his OL, wrecking a motorcycle, getting sued for sexual misconduct, etc. He's the easy target because not too many people are gonna go out on a limb to defend him and he won't say much to defend himself.

E6RxrAeVgAA8Joj

🤡

Time will tell but I’m a believer in Ben and wouldn’t count him out. With a full season and off season under his belt and issues finally addressed on the offensive side (OC, RB, OLINE) I expect to see renewed Ben and offense this year.

Colin has not been very kind to the STEELERS over the years so take it for what its worth. YES there has been times in BEN's career when he relyed on athletic ability and NOT offseason workouts so he is branded. Us (hardcore) fans know there is a difference from branded to what the eye is seeing. BEN's appearance seems to confirm he is stringent in his regime and I'll take that all day every day.

Just a reminder, Colin has us at 7-9 but doesn't he realize we have 17 games this season..........................???

Currently I have us going 12-5 but subject to change (I'll put out an OFFICIAL SEASON PREDICTION thread 1wk before season starts) once training camp is nearer complete.

Ben Roethlisberger has been a consummate professional who has gotten very minimall respect.

Salute the nation

Colin has not been very kind to the STEELERS over the years so take it for what its worth. YES there has been times in BEN's career when he relyed on athletic ability and NOT offseason workouts so he is branded. Us (hardcore) fans know there is a difference from branded to what the eye is seeing. BEN's appearance seems to confirm he is stringent in his regime and I'll take that all day every day.

Just a reminder, Colin has us at 7-9 but doesn't he realize we have 17 games this season..........................???

Currently I have us going 12-5 but subject to change (I'll put out an OFFICIAL SEASON PREDICTION thread 1wk before season starts) once training camp is nearer complete.

Ben Roethlisberger has been a consummate professional who has gotten very minimall respect.

Salute the nation
those are 2020 predictions

don't know what 2021 are

those are 2020 predictions

don't know what 2021 are

So you're saying i can't hammer on him for his lame asZ chyt/shyite/**** predictions . ??? (lol)

For 2020 he was still aways off for being a professional talking (know it all) head.!!!

Salute the nation

So you're saying i can't hammer on him for his lame asZ chyt/shyite/**** predictions . ??? (lol)

For 2020 he was still aways off for being a professional talking (know it all) head.!!!

Salute the nation
by all means rant away
just saying we know how far out there he is because we know the results of 2020 compared to his lame predictions

Salute the nation
I thought the same thing, then noticed 2020. Although things didn't turn out the way we would have liked, I wonder what Colon was thinking when they started 11-0.

by all means rant away
just saying we know how far out there he is because we know the results of 2020 compared to his lame predictions

Do you guys up NORTH have any talking (heads) out of their az's type sports announcers? How would some of them compare to the american talking (heads) out of their az's sports announcers ?

Thanks paul !

Salute the nation

I thought the same thing, then noticed 2020. Although things didn't turn out the way we would have liked, I wonder what Colon was thinking when they started 11-0.

Same thing like most talking heads.......... never held accountable and the "shock" just meant more clicks.

I just scanned it quickly but now am aware he was talking 2020. Keep an eye out for my "OFFICIAL" season prediction thread just before season starts.

thanks ZonaBurgh !

Salute the nation