• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bob's take

• Thread starter Thread starter POP
  • Start date Start date
P

POP

I hope this isn't a source we are forbidden to reference.

http://www.steelers.com/news/labrio...Dolphins/4a920c14-8f5a-46b0-9ecd-cdeabc05bf67

I think he pretty much nails it.

They had arrived in South Florida late Saturday afternoon as a 4-1 team that, while not without its flaws, was finding ways to win despite a list of injured players growing numerically and also in terms of the significance of the names on it. They were overcoming some inadequacies and compensating for others by taking advantage of some of their unique strengths. And overall, the 2016 Steelers had the look of a contender.

By the time they got out of town, they didn’t look to be any of those things. Their record was 4-2 after a head-scratching 30-15 loss to the Miami Dolphins in which they were outplayed in decisive fashion in every aspect of the game. Their injury list suddenly looked insurmountable as it expanded to include Ben Roethlisberger, and after studying the particulars of this defeat – coming as it did just a few weeks after 34-3 in Philadelphia and with reports that Roethlisberger would undergo surgery to repair the meniscus in his left knee and be out an indefinite time as a result – that look of a contender was feeling like a mirage.

Want a CONTENDER? I'll show you a CONTENDER.
VIKPAK.jpg

CALM.jpg

Always have a back-up plan.

Backup plan? Whats that? Bandwagon with whomever happens to he good at the moment?

You enjoy that. Lol, "skol" indeed

Honestly, we need to take a QB in the first 2-3 rounds this year.

First - it gives us (hopefully) a much better backup plan than Landry.
Second - maybe Ben, who has never had to worry about his job security in 13 years, might actually figure out a way to stop taking games off 3-4x a year. And I'm not talking due to injury - I'm talking about playing like dog **** (usually to a dog **** team)

**** Labriola. He's always quick to shout down fans who call in to shows and question this team for all the obvious reasons. He defends CMT like they're brothers. **** him.

Want a CONTENDER? I'll show you a CONTENDER.
VIKPAK.jpg

CALM.jpg

Always have a back-up plan.

What backup plan would you like to have? Bridgewater was hurt prior to the season.. and it's the Vikings defense that has won them some games.

My backup plan is to not watch football. I could give a rats *** what other teams do. It's Steelers or tv goes off. End of story.

**** Labriola. He's always quick to shout down fans who call in to shows and question this team for all the obvious reasons. He defends CMT like they're brothers. **** him.

I think bob is pretty fair minded. He's just not a homer type.