• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BommaCare Update

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Mrs. Burgundy is not a real political person although after 13 years of living with me she changed her registration from Independent to Republican last year. Mrs. Burgundy is an accountant, the lead accountant, at her place of work, a medium size company which we will call Company B. Last year Company B acquired Company C, which has a slightly larger number of employees. Today she finds out that because Company C has over 250 employees they MUST file electronically with the government all the employees, what their benefits are, and what benefits they were offered. Further, in order to register with the government to file electronically, the IRS requires HER to give her name, address, SS number, date of hire, her income, and her personal taxes and/or refund from last year. Mrs. Burgundy takes exception to this and calls the IRS support number she was given and says that she has no problem giving them all the company's information they want but doesn't see why her personal information is relevant since she is just an accountant and not an officer of the company. IRS says "No, no, we need this information from whoever is filing the report, it's part of the Affordable Care Act." Remember, we need to pass the law to see what's in it, someone once said. Mrs. Burgundy says "Fawk that, I'll talk to the president or vice president (the owners) next week and I may do the math and file it under their names but I'll be damned if I'm filing it under mine since I'm smelling personal liability here."

And so Bomma creates another Republican after they deal with the government. I told her to sent our U.S. Representative an email about this.

I remember there being discussion by people that have dealt with the Daleks in the government before on issues like this. SITYS

What is complying with this going to cost the company? Veronica Corningstone's time is worth something right? I am sure she isn't going to do all the data entry herself either. SITYS

Mrs. Burgundy is not a real political person although after 13 years of living with me she changed her registration from Independent to Republican last year. Mrs. Burgundy is an accountant, the lead accountant, at her place of work, a medium size company which we will call Company B. Last year Company B acquired Company C, which has a slightly larger number of employees. Today she finds out that because Company C has over 250 employees they MUST file electronically with the government all the employees, what their benefits are, and what benefits they were offered. Further, in order to register with the government to file electronically, the IRS requires HER to give her name, address, SS number, date of hire, her income, and her personal taxes and/or refund from last year. Mrs. Burgundy takes exception to this and calls the IRS support number she was given and says that she has no problem giving them all the company's information they want but doesn't see why her personal information is relevant since she is just an accountant and not an officer of the company. IRS says "No, no, we need this information from whoever is filing the report, it's part of the Affordable Care Act." Remember, we need to pass the law to see what's in it, someone once said. Mrs. Burgundy says "Fawk that, I'll talk to the president or vice president (the owners) next week and I may do the math and file it under their names but I'll be damned if I'm filing it under mine since I'm smelling personal liability here."

And so Bomma creates another Republican after they deal with the government. I told her to sent our U.S. Representative an email about this.
She should definitely have a company officer file that.

I remember there being discussion by people that have dealt with the Daleks in the government before on issues like this. SITYS

What is complying with this going to cost the company? Veronica Corningstone's time is worth something right? I am sure she isn't going to do all the data entry herself either. SITYS

Mrs. Burgundy's "problem" is that she is the only one in the company with experience in both accounting and IT, so she is the bridge between the two departments. The work isn't the problem although she has a lot on her plate, it's giving her personal information when she's just a cube dweller and not an owner or officer of the company.

She should just tell the owner to fire as many people as he/she needs to in order to get under 250 employees. Problem solved.