• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Boston police chiefs wants to disarm citizens

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
http://www.examiner.com/article/massachusetts-police-chiefs-demand-more-power-to-disarm-citizenry

“Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association president Erik Blake said at the press conference that the provision giving police added discretion on firearms identification cards is ‘not about being capricious or arbitrary or taking away people’s rights,’” the Globe report continued.

That’s one side of the mouth talking. The other side shows what kind of “discretion” the chiefs are demanding.

“Having long guns--rifles and shotguns--especially here in the city of Boston, I think we should have, as the local authority, some say in the matter,” Boston Police Commissioner William Evans told Boston Public Radio (WGBH) in a July 23 interview. “For the most part, nobody in the city needs a shotgun. Nobody needs a rifle.”

I'd be real curious to see how many legally purchased long guns have been used to commit a crime in the city of Boston.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
I do not agree with gun bans at all, but with that many Massholes in one town....maybe it is best if only the criminals have guns.

And it is kind of sad that a police chief doesn't understand that a shotgun is about the best home defense weapon for a major urban center.

ark steel

Reaction score
That is one Barney Fife looking ************.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
When a policeman rises to the position of Chief, of any major American city, they become more of a political figure, and less of a law enforcement officer. He becomes another mouthpiece for his political overlords. Don't be surprised to see this wacko run for public office in the future.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Well seeing that cops are citizens I say we start with the Boston police first... see how well that works

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Well seeing that cops are citizens I say we start with the Boston police first... see how well that works

I've been saying that in NJ. We need to repeal the "cops are exempt from our nutty gun laws" parts of our nutty gun laws. If they had to put up with this bullshit too it'd stop quick.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Statists gonna state.

Of course the Boston PD wants a disarmed citizenry. Much easier to lock things down when you have a monopoly on the use of deadly force.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hitler felt the same way.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
Statists gonna state.

Of course the Boston PD wants a disarmed citizenry. Much easier to lock things down when you have a monopoly on the use of deadly force.

the dumbasses in charge will argue that if the Boston Bombers didn't have guns they wouldn't have gone on a wild west rampage through town. Because as we all know, Muslim terrorist criminals would never be able to purchase a gun in another state, or purchase a stolen gun, or steal a gun.....that **** never happens.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
did Bahstin relocate to Californey?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
When a policeman rises to the position of Chief, of any major American city, they become more of a political figure, and less of a law enforcement officer. He becomes another mouthpiece for his political overlords. Don't be surprised to see this wacko run for public office in the future.

Actually they're usually politicians before they even put on the uniform.....and they usually rise through the ranks by sucking massive amounts of higher up butt and then become mouthpieces. I used to wonder how police could support some of the stuff they did until I understood the difference between regular cops and the Chiefs of Police Assn.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually they're usually politicians before they even put on the uniform.....and they usually rise through the ranks by sucking massive amounts of higher up butt and then become mouthpieces. I used to wonder how police could support some of the stuff they did until I understood the difference between regular cops and the Chiefs of Police Assn.

How long they stay a detective is a good 'tell' also. If they pass on the OT and take the lesser paying promotion to lieutenant, ,,,ya got yurself a "climber".

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
did Bahstin relocate to Californey?

Bahstin was Californey before Cali went loopy left.

It must be all the Hahvahd and MIT kids scarin' them polices.