• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Boycott Chili's

I'm not pro-life. I think abortion should be legal up to 16 weeks for sure and I understand the logic up to 20 weeks because that's when you get your first sonogram and defects/viability issues sometimes show up then.

That said, if Planned Parenthood really has the best interest of "woman's health" at heart and they have claimed that only 3% of their work is abortions, wouldn't it make sense to just stop abortions (even if temporary) so that funding would continue for the other 97% of what you consider "good work for women"?

Why would you risk all of this for only 3% of your business? That doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like in most states Planned Parenthood couldn't give you the name/address of a privately funded, for-profit, legal abortion clinic and send you on your way. That is STILL helping women's rights (at least in their view).

I suspect the 3% is incorrect. And abortions make up a fair amount of the revenue at these clinics.

But if the goal is to help women, wouldn't this be an easy decision? At least until a democratic administration gets into office?

Ok. Oh wait, there isn't a Chili's within 25 mile of me. No problem.

In our little town, Chili's is rated 5th in the restaurant guide..right behind Wendy's.

In my county people complain that we don't have quality fine dining like Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Seriously.

I don't believe that I've ever eaten at a Chili's. I've driven by a boatload. Oh well. It sounds like it's no big loss.

I don't believe that I've ever eaten at a Chili's. I've driven by a boatload. Oh well. It sounds like it's no big loss.

Typical ****** chain restaurant, a c-hair above fast food chains.

This is going to sound odd from me but I don't care if a company or individual want to support any organization like that. I just don't want the government doing it.

If they ever make abortion illegal again then they should also make it a crime for a man to desert a woman that is pregnant with his child. If a woman can't back out of a pregnancy than a man shouldn't be able to either.

If they ever make abortion illegal again then they should also make it a crime for a man to desert a woman that is pregnant with his child. If a woman can't back out of a pregnancy than a man shouldn't be able to either.

I'm fully supportive of your idea.

I agree, but you have heard of child support right ?

Boycotting Chili's won't be a big sacrifice for me...but honestly I hope everyone who supports Planned Parenthood starts funding them so I no longer have to be forced to.

If you pay attention to commercials, you will notice more and more companies starting to add politics to the mix. Why? Because their research says that millennials love that ****. They don't care if they are telling people 30+ to go **** themselves. They want to trade your business for what they think will be a much bigger market.

Notice how many commercials try to sell themselves as a small mom and pop business that just happens to be really big but they are still little guys at heart. They may tout some charity or whatever.

Then there are the overly-diverse commercials. It actually makes me laugh now. I'm all for diversity but does that mean you have to jam every single group into a single 30 second commercial. They will have some pasty white grandparents, then their son who looks hispanic and his wife who is black, playing with their kids who look asian. And the capper is the dining room scene with the 2 subtly gay guys sitting next to each other.

The problem is, millennials are notoriously cheap. They think everything should be free, except for Apple products and Whole Foods. A drug that took 20 years of research and hundreds of millions to develop should be like $1 but a ******* Kale salad with Quinoa and Unicorn farts is a deal at $25 at Panera.

I woman can sue for child support if she knows who the father is. People don't make money while in jail. It wouldn't be in anyone's best interest to do that.

Last edited:
chilis2.png

Eat at Chili’s, Baby back ribs, now made from real babies!

One free abortion coupon with every kid’s meal purchased.

This is going to sound odd from me but I don't care if a company or individual want to support any organization like that. I just don't want the government doing it.

If a company does it, you can choose to patronize them or not. With the govt you don't have a choice.

Men already can't.Its called court ordered child support. A woman can and frequently do name men who are not the father of their children and if for some reason this is not challenged in time legally a man can become "the father" of children that they are of no relation to. In fact you don't even have to be the father of the child to be roped into paying. Currently there are only 9 states that allow a man to challenge paternity of a child his wife has given birth to. That means that even with a DNA test that proves he isn't the father he is on the hook financially if the child was born while he was married to the mother.

That means that even with a DNA test that proves he isn't the father he is on the hook financially if the child was born while he was married to the mother.

Wow...I did not know that !

Wow...I did not know that !

It stems from much of our legal system being based on English Common Law. Under the common law system a child born in a marriage was deemed to be child of the marriage. That's where the old saying "Mothers baby, Fathers maybe" came from.

All that being said I don't have a problem with private individuals and businesses donating their own money to Planned Parenthood. I take issue only with the government doing so because I have no choice in paying taxes.