• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Brexit begins! Historic moment for the UK as Article 50 letter is delivered

Spike

Reaction score
"OUTTA here! Suck it Euroweenies"....signed UK

Cheers!

Theresa May has vowed to restore Britain's 'self-determination' as the letter confirming our EU divorce was finally delivered - including a warning to Brussels that punishing the UK would be a 'costly mistake'.

The Prime Minister delivered an upbeat vision of a UK whose 'best days lie ahead' as she confirmed her envoy Sir Tim Barrow had handed the formal notification to European Council president Donald Tusk in Brussels.

3EBCF81100000578-4359418-image-a-35_1490788367429.jpg

"I am writing to give effect to the democratic decision of the people of the United Kingdom. I hereby notify the European Council in accordance with Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union of the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the European Union.

In addition, in accordance with the same Article 50(2) as applied by Article 106a of the Treaty Establishing the European Atomic Energy Community, I hereby notify the European Council of the United Kingdom’s intention to withdraw from the European Atomic Energy Community. References in this letter to the European Union should therefore be taken to include a reference to the European Atomic Energy Community.

This letter sets out the approach of Her Majesty’s Government to the discussions we will have about the United Kingdom’s departure from the European Union and about the deep and special partnership we hope to enjoy – as your closest friend and neighbour – with the European Union once we leave. We believe that these objectives are in the interests not only of the United Kingdom but of the European Union and the wider world too."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4359418/PM-gathers-Cabinet-ahead-Article-50-triggered.html

----------------

Impossible, they said it would never happen

_90076860_thinkstockphotos-526561176.jpg

What? No riots?

Last edited:
McCain still whining

John McCain Whines About Threats to Globalist "New World Order"

Warmongering U.S. Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.; shown), perhaps the most aggressive neocon globalist in the Senate, complained in Europe last week that what he called the “New World Order” was “under enormous strain.” The widely ridiculed “Republican in Name Only,” or RINO as critics refer to him, also defended key globalist institutions such as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU), both of which are under growing pressure from outraged citizens demanding a return of national sovereignty and self-government. Critics were quick to ridicule McCain and some of his Kremlin-centered conspiracy theories, but the globalist establishment fawned over his comments.

With the “New World Order under enormous strain” amid what he described as a “the titanic struggle with forces of radicalism,” American and European globalists “can't stand by and lament, we've got to be involved,” McCain was quoted as saying by the online EU Observer.

In other words, those who oppose his vision of globalism and Big Government are “radical.” Meanwhile, those who support his extremist vision of never-ending unconstitutional war, the erosion of national sovereignty, and an end run around the U.S. Constitution's limits on government are the “moderates.” At least that is what the failed GOP presidential contender wants people to believe.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/worl...es-about-threats-to-globalist-new-world-order

UK lawmakers back EU withdrawal bill

mqdefault.jpg

British MPs voted in favour of a bill Tuesday to end Britain's EU membership, a key moment for the government's Brexit strategy despite opposition accusations of an unprecedented power grab.

Lawmakers voted by 326 to 290 in favour of backing the legislation, after more than 13 hours of debate, which will now go forward for further scrutiny by MPs.

The bill is aimed at repealing the 1972 law through which Britain joined the bloc, transferring in bulk around 12,000 existing EU regulations onto the British statute books.

May's Conservative government won Tuesday's parliamentary vote thanks to its alliance with the Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party (DUP).

The premier described the outcome as a "historic decision" which "gives certainty and clarity ahead of our withdrawal from the European Union".

"Although there is more to do, this decision means we can move on with negotiations with solid foundations and we continue to encourage MPs from all parts of the UK to work together in support of this vital piece of legislation," May said in a statement.

http://www.france24.com/en/20170912-uk-lawmakers-back-eu-withdrawal-repeal-bill-brexit

Did I read that correctly where the EU as we know it had its beginnings back in 1972? I thought the EU sprung up in the late 80s/early 90s after the Berlin Wall came down.

I recall the first mention of "New World Order" when Bush I was in office. At the time I thought that was pretty damn bold/scary and not a wise idea. I think we'd all be better off if we got off this global order kick and just go back to all countries just do their own thing. They succeed or fail on their own...Its the natural order of things...

Did I read that correctly where the EU as we know it had its beginnings back in 1972? I thought the EU sprung up in the late 80s/early 90s after the Berlin Wall came down.

I recall the first mention of "New World Order" when Bush I was in office. At the time I thought that was pretty damn bold/scary and not a wise idea. I think we'd all be better off if we got off this global order kick and just go back to all countries just do their own thing. They succeed or fail on their own...Its the natural order of things...

It was talked about for a while. It is handy to have a common currency (except for the U.K.) and not check your papers every time you cross a border but they never got everyone on a common budget and the regulatory state bureaucracy in Brussels went crazy.

Granted I was only a visitor but I thought it would be pretty easy for someone with bad intentions to just have their papers checked once and then basically have free reign over most of Europe. In this day and age of terrorism run amok (it does seem to have died down recently) I think it would be wise to check travelers as they cross a border.

It's a good thing.

Don't I recall when the liberal media claimed the sky was going to fall, the economy was going to collapse, thousands were going to lose their jobs, that the British pound was going to be worth half what is was and the British Stock Market fall like a cliff?

Don't I remember hearing all that about a year ago? All the "experts"?

Don't I recall when the liberal media claimed the sky was going to fall, the economy was going to collapse, thousands were going to lose their jobs, that the British pound was going to be worth half what is was and the British Stock Market fall like a cliff?

Don't I remember hearing all that about a year ago? All the "experts"?

You, sir, are correct. But don't doubt these experts too much, del. President Clinton insists they are legit. An example:

We simulated a Nov. 8 election 10 million times using our state-by-state averages. In 9.8 million simulations, Hillary Clinton ended up with at least 270 electoral votes. Therefore, we say Clinton has a 98.0 percent chance of becoming president.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2016/forecast/president