• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bumlin didn't make this list

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In my opinion the worst coaches I've ever seen are Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontz. They did the least with the most talent.

I'm not a big fan of Herm Edwards either. I think that guy is all talk and no substance. If you get around all the cliches what he says makes no sense.

And some here, really don't know, how bad it could be. Tomlin may have a few falters, but he also has some goods too!!!

Salute the nation

Callahan took over Oak from Gruden. Caldwell tool Ind from Dungy.

The list of bad coaches could be quite long. Think of all the coaches that were here prior to Chuck. Tomlin is not that great either, but the thing is there are some real losers out there that are so bad they make him look like he has promise by comparison. The comparisons are like Kordell to Ryan Leaf, lots of folks hated Kordell but he sure looked like a promising star compared to Ryan Leaf. As long as were on the Tomlin greatness or lack of how long has it been since the Steelers were not in the playoffs for three years, or how long has it been since the Steelers went three years with out wining a playoff game? I know there are some of you with the stats right at your finger tips.

In my opinion the worst coaches I've ever seen are Rich Kotite and Wayne Fontz. They did the least with the most talent.

I'm not a big fan of Herm Edwards either. I think that guy is all talk and no substance. If you get around all the cliches what he says makes no sense.

You play to win the game!

The list of bad coaches could be quite long. Think of all the coaches that were here prior to Chuck. Tomlin is not that great either, but the thing is there are some real losers out there that are so bad they make him look like he has promise by comparison. The comparisons are like Kordell to Ryan Leaf, lots of folks hated Kordell but he sure looked like a promising star compared to Ryan Leaf. As long as were on the Tomlin greatness or lack of how long has it been since the Steelers were not in the playoffs for three years, or how long has it been since the Steelers went three years with out wining a playoff game? I know there are some of you with the stats right at your finger tips.

98-2000 under Cowher

No list of bad NFL coaches is complete without including Bobby Petrino's short stint with the Falcons. Definitely need to expande it to ten and add Wayne Fontes and Mike Ditka's time with the Saints too.

Good point on the Mike Ditka / Saints job. He was terrible!! Just couldn't muster up any caring for that job. His heart was out of football and could have cared less, at that time>

Salute the nation

Want to know the poster boy of doing less with more: Norv Turner. Worst situational playoff coach I've ever seen (just ahead of Herm Edwards).

Want to know the poster boy of doing less with more: Norv Turner. Worst situational playoff coach I've ever seen (just ahead of Herm Edwards).

I cant imagine how this can be anyone other than Wayne Fontes

Shame Norv is such a wizard running offenses but such a painfully mediocre head coach

Last edited: