• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buy or sell pre-draft edition #aNewFrontier

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers outside of possibly Bud Dupree will still be adding free agents pre and post draft.

I am saying more buddies will be added.

Steelers will add a third string QB in the draft and it will take place in the 7th. By then, Rudy the red nosed third stringer still won't have a new home.

I am buying like it is a slab of hickory smoked great value bacon.

A slot corner or a slot safety... and a slot WR will be drafted somewhere within rounds 1-4.

When in Vegas...

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well.

If someone is knocking would you let him in?

A drafted OT could come in and start game 1. (A left or right)

So shall it be said so shall it be...

Somewhere within the Steelers picks a Houston player will be selected.

We can call it the Coolie midnight special.

The Steelers will trade up or down in the draft.

Take a step to the left.

Bigdot will be used to gain a 5th or 6th round pick.

One man enter one man leave.

The Steelers will step away from their run to the podium approach and actually entertain calls.

Blondie says call me.

Joey Porter Jr. is a number 2 corner, not a teams number 1.

Drum roll please.

- - - -

A fun fact related to the hashtag:

One of my Doberman's new toys is Chewbacca, and Jax loves to use the force against him. Destructive little ****** that one.

(If you ran it pat yourself on the back, but no chest thumping until after the draft)

Steelers outside of possibly Bud Dupree will still be adding free agents pre and post draft. - BUY
It won't be much more, but they'll have a hole or two even after the draft.

Steelers will add a third string QB in the draft and it will take place in the 7th. By then, Rudy the red nosed third stringer still won't have a new home. - PUSH
If there is a talent option who slips, yes, otherwise they'll find a cheap FA.

A slot corner or a slot safety... and a slot WR will be drafted somewhere within rounds 1-4. - BUY
Slot corner and receiver are the two biggest holes left on the roster. No reliable starters at either spot currently on the roster.

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well. - BUY
Maybe one out of the first four picks will come outside of the P5.

A drafted OT could come in and start game 1. (A left or right) - BUY
Only if they're drafted in the first or at 32 otherwise I think the incumbents start.

Somewhere within the Steelers picks a Houston player will be selected. - Sell
Sorry, Coolie.

The Steelers will trade up or down in the draft. - BUY
They are going from the fourth through the seventh without a pick.

Bigdot will be used to gain a 5th or 6th round pick. - SELL
Not in this year's draft, but maybe for 2024 after training camp ends.

The Steelers will step away from their run to the podium approach and actually entertain calls. - SELL
I need to see it to believe it.

Joey Porter Jr. is a number 2 corner, not a teams number 1. - BUY
A high No. 2 or a below average 1. Either way, I think he'll be good, just not at the top of my list of prospects I'd like to see on the Steelers.

60% emotion/40% logic dictates my response, but it could easily be 70/30, because I don't do any in depth analysis, and no one would care if I did anyway.

LT has to be the first pick, even if the top 3 are gone, it would be Anton Harrison. The opportunity doesn't come around often, so to me at least, it's obivious.

Branch has been there at 32 in a lot of the mocks, and this would be my choice at 32. If not, maybe trade back a few picks and still get the TE Darnell Washington.

At 49 they have to take and LB IMO, again worth nothing, Simpson, Campbell or Sanders.

Trading back at 32 would give them a few extra picks, and if they trade Dotson, another one. CB's are fairly deep and there are still some good safeties at 80. For some reason and with absolutely no justification I like Darius Rush at 6'2" at corner. Jordan Battles, or Gervon Dexter could still be in the picture.

Another receiver, depths at the DL and edge, maybe at QB (Toon) in the 7th, if they don't sign Mason.

Knowing they will likely not do any of this is OK with me, because I'm just typing on a keyboard.

Steelers outside of possibly Bud Dupree will still be adding free agents pre and post draft.

If there is a BIG signing, it will be BUD DUPREE. Other than that is will be camp fodder
Some fodder is better than NO fodder !

Steelers will add a third string QB in the draft and it will take place in the 7th. By then, Rudy the red nosed third stringer still won't have a new home.

ALSWAY take BACON over most anything else……. !!! Tune will be gone but Perish will be there….. tough take
SELL

A slot corner or a slot safety... and a slot WR will be drafted somewhere within rounds 1-4.

When in Vegas...

To many SLOTS, my momA said date nice ……………
As long as there is a STUD Left Tackle at 1.17 or 1.32 the A-ok. BUY

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well.

If it was a girlfriend in the middle of night, or day…..hell yes
If it’s a hard to turn down trade, yes…….. BUY

LEFT TACKLE……….. BUY
no further explanation needed.

Usually a Coolie “midnight special” involves a diaper change……….
If it isn’t Tune / Perish / Tank, and late rounds……. T’aint happening SELL

Take a step to the left.

Neither…………. Sell

Currently he is expendable ………….. BUY

The Steelers will step away from their run to the podium approach and actually entertain calls.

Blondie says call me.

I’ll be there in the LUXURY S10 to possibly set the new podium presence record….. after that it won’t matter. BUY

Drum roll please.

Jr. Runs a little too rich on his dade’s reputation………… BUY

- - - -

One of my Doberman's new toys is Chewbacca, and Jax loves to use the force against him. Destructive little ****** that one.

(If you ran it pat yourself on the back, but no chest thumping until after the draft)

NO chest thumping here, BUT Coach will be ”thumping” something else after the draft………….

THANKS form these slash, always fun…. !!!

Salute the nation

Hopefully they resign WJIII, I see either a CB or more LB depth

If Clayton Tune is still there, they take him in the 7th

Slot Receiver out of UH is the obvious choice - Dell will also solidify the kick return duties

This is just about a lock

Hopefully pick #17 provides this player -

Yes please, in order of preference - Dell 3rd - Parish 7th - Tune 7th - Owens 7th (Parish or Tune a round earlier if they can trade and get a 6th)

Hopefully someone offers them a hell of a deal to drop back a few spots from #32 and they get an extra 3rd and a 5th or 6th

Yes - would be an excellent move

Not unless someone is there to crack their kneecaps with a pipe...

Yes - and I hope the Steelers are not feeling pressured to take him at 17 if available

- - - -

my wife found some damn chew toy that seems to be indestructible. It has lasted 6 months so far....no other toy survived a week

Hopefully they resign WJIII, I see either a CB or more LB depth

If Clayton Tune is still there, they take him in the 7th

Slot Receiver out of UH is the obvious choice - Dell will also solidify the kick return duties

This is just about a lock

Hopefully pick #17 provides this player -

Yes please, in order of preference - Dell 3rd - Parish 7th - Tune 7th - Owens 7th (Parish or Tune a round earlier if they can trade and get a 6th)

Hopefully someone offers them a hell of a deal to drop back a few spots from #32 and they get an extra 3rd and a 5th or 6th

Yes - would be an excellent move

Not unless someone is there to crack their kneecaps with a pipe...

Yes - and I hope the Steelers are not feeling pressured to take him at 17 if available

- - - -

my wife found some damn chew toy that seems to be indestructible. It has lasted 6 months so far....no other toy survived a week

Know why I called it the Coolie midnight special? I figured it would be around that time they would pick a Houston player if that. That is going off their past approach. This might be the draft that breaks those trends though. But usually round 4-7 was when they ventured away from the power.

Yeah Jax likes to rip up his toys too. He has indoor and outdoor ones that last. But I do a lot of sewing. When he rips a hole in one of them we put it away and after three or four I then fix the holes.

The outdoor one he runs around with we call the dildo. (yeah I have issues but we already knew that!)

It had stood the test of time. When the yard is dry we play him for 30 minutes. He runs back n forth with his dildo, sometimes we throw it sometimes he plays keep away. When the yard is rain wet we go for long walks. Our daily routine.

Quite honestly, Parish intrigues me to no end. If he isn’t drafted, I’d l;Ike to see him be one of the STEELERS UDFA signings.

Tune & Dell won’t be available as UDFAa.

Salute the nation

When in Vegas...

Take a step to the left.

Blondie says call me.

Drum roll please.

- - - -

Steelers outside of possibly Bud Dupree will still be adding free agents pre and post draft? Sell

Steelers will add a third string QB in the draft and it will take place in the 7th. By then, Rudy the red nosed third stringer still won't have a new home. Buy.

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well. Buy

A slot corner or a slot safety... and a slot WR will be drafted somewhere within rounds 1-4. Both? Sell

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well. Buy.

Somewhere within the Steelers picks a Houston player will be selected. Sell

A drafted OT could come in and start game 1. (A left or right) Buy

The Steelers will trade up or down in the draft. Sell though I hope the do it.

Bigdot will be used to gain a 5th or 6th round pick. Sell, teams aren't that stupid. I would be very for the trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelers outside of possibly Bud Dupree will still be adding free agents pre and post draft? Sell

Steelers will add a third string QB in the draft and it will take place in the 7th. By then, Rudy the red nosed third stringer still won't have a new home. Buy.

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well. Buy

A slot corner or a slot safety... and a slot WR will be drafted somewhere within rounds 1-4. Both? Sell

The Steelers first pick will come from the power 5. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd as well. Buy.

Somewhere within the Steelers picks a Houston player will be selected. Sell

A drafted OT could come in and start game 1. (A left or right) Buy

The Steelers will trade up or down in the draft. Sell though I hope the do it.

Bigdot will be used to gain a 5th or 6th round pick. Sell, teams aren't that stupid. I would be very for the trade.

Tomlin won't be offer a new deal with the Steelers when his contact runs out. Buy. I guy can dream.
Hey dingleberry you don't get to add your own questions.

I thought I did a good job wiping this morning, I'll have to check again.

Hey dingleberry you don't get to add your own questions.

I thought I did a good job wiping this morning, I'll have to check again.

I answer your questions and the how I reply is my choice not yours.

I answer your questions and the how I reply is my choice not yours.
If you want someone to answer your questions make your own thread. But don't turn my thread into a Tomlin ***** thread there is plenty of them. If you reply like a twatwaffle you will get treated like a twatwaffle, twatwaffle. Got it? Good.

Last edited:

Buy - But only after the draft

Buy - F/A QB's are trash and too expensive

Sell - Too many other holes to fill "That's what she said"

Buy - But only 2 of the first three picks

Buy - Duh!

Sell - Only because I want to hear Coolie cry like a little *****

Buy - Omar is agressive, I like that!

Sell - no one wants that bum!

Sell - Omar will be calling to get what he wants

Buy - He is way too grabby in college...NFL WR's are going to feast on Porterhouse

mostly Buy, but it depends on your take on what adding free agents entails…they absolutely need to add some… tge training camp roster is supposed to be around 90 players and they have 67 under contract. Sure 7 draft picks, maybe more with trades and probably a dozen udfa’s or so…but there is probably 3 or 4 spots you want to have filled before then ….however i think the most they do is bargain basement shop from here on out except maybe dupree…I don’t think that there are going to be huge adds from here on out. .

Buy. the Steelers will either draft a qb in the 7 th or sign one as a udfa… a young arm is definitely coming in .

I want to buy on this… I think I will, but if they had a fifth I wouldn’t… I think they like that kid out of WVU, and they probably could get him in the fifth...

buy… i mean that’s really betting on the favorites… you should have picked a specific conference or at least grouped the big ten and SEC…

Sell unless it is Broderick Jones…. I think its way more likely that someone takes over midseason than right out of the gate.

sell. Houston has a couple guys I like which means Cinci will draft them immediately before us

buy. I think Kahn is a mover.

they won’t want to go into the draft with no fifth or sixth, and he is the most trade-able piece in a suddenly deep position

Buy… if not then its probably not the GM finalizing picks. Kahn is more executive than scout… he will explore asset value more than seasons past .

this is why I was iffy on him, but he could learn like Ike did… he was a guy who was probably too physical early on and grew into a 1-

***the real question is does Cinci trade up over us to get Branch? It feels like it’s destined to happen like that