• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Buy / Sell Week 2 - Broncos

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
OK we have to talk about something other than traffic stops

what do you say?

1. Offense gets on track and scores multiple touchdowns (for those that forgot, this is when an offensive player either carrries the ball across the goal line or catches a pass in the end zone)
2. Roman Wilson gets on the field and helps open up the middle of the field.
3. Najee gains more than 100 yards rushing
4. TJ gets multiple sacks
5. Defense gets multiple turnovers
6. So many Steeler fans are in Denver that they play Renegade in the 4th quarter to hype of the crowd
7. Bo Nix is abused so badly by the Steeler defense that he retires and leaves the country.
8. CAIII breaks a punt return for a TD

what do you say?

1. Offense gets on track and scores multiple touchdowns (for those that forgot, this is when an offensive player either carrries the ball across the goal line or catches a pass in the end zone)
Sell, believe it when I see it.
Sell, has he practiced? Starting to look like CAIII’s rookie season.
Sell. They keep splitting up the carries.
Buy, 2
Buy, 2 or 3
6. So many Steeler fans are in Denver that they play Renegade in the 4th quarter to hype of the crowd
Sell, I’m not sure they always play it at Acrisure.
7. Bo Nix is abused so badly by the Steeler defense that he retires and leaves the country.
Sell
What the hell, buy.

what do you say?

1. Offense gets on track and scores multiple touchdowns (for those that forgot, this is when an offensive player either carrries the ball across the goal line or catches a pass in the end zone) -Buy
2. Roman Wilson gets on the field and helps open up the middle of the field.-Buy
3. Najee gains more than 100 yards rushing-Sell
4. TJ gets multiple sacks-Buy
5. Defense gets multiple turnovers- Buy
6. So many Steeler fans are in Denver that they play Renegade in the 4th quarter to hype of the crowd- 😅sell
7. Bo Nix is abused so badly by the Steeler defense that he retires and leaves the country.- sell but he might wish he did!
8. CAIII breaks a punt return for a TD- Sell. He is in my doghouse I need to see more splash plays from the kid.
Smith was saying he was playing middle conservative due to Atlanta being S strong. I think Denver is said to have a decent D. Hopefully Roman Wilson can help that room improve.

I have Najee scoring the first TD.

Heard the ref crew is one of the worst ones that the Steelers have had to deal with. Hopefully they aren’t as bad as the refs were in Atlanta.

Nix will be looking to rebound off a poor showing. Watt needs to make him uncomfortable and often.

Last edited:
Buy:
1. Denver had a miserable D last year and cut key players off of it... the O should be able to score here regardless of QB

2. Sell... WR Wilson wont be a factor in the first half of this season...

3. Buy... Denver's rush defense was bad last season... Harris will get the brunt of the carries, and in the higher elevation, the D will wear down faster against a power run game

4. Buy... nix only took two sacks last week... he will have that matched by the first wuarter this week.. stands to reason TJ will get a couple

5. Buy.. rookie qbs are rarely ready.. i see a couple picks for nix

6. Buy that the Steelers faithful will overtake that stadium..
sell that Renegade plays... the fans could sing an a cappella version, i guess

7. Buy that Nix gets abused
Sell that he retires... but i bet he thinks about it a little bit

8. Sell... last week was good Special teams.. its bad Special team's turn

Now my buy or sell question

Buy or Sell: Tomlin sends out Boswell for a 60+ field goal after last week

what do you say?

1) Buy- 1 rushing, 1 passing!!! Explosion!!!!
2) Rent-he helps but limited in first game
3) Buy- OL dominates to the point I could even get 10-20 yards behind them 😳
4) Buy- Watt can they do to stop him? Nuthin’
5) Buy- 3 it’s the magic number for TOs this season
6) Rent- they won’t play it but the Steeler fans bust out an acapella version you can here clear up at Red Rocks
7) Sell- he’s abused so badly Watt buries him in a grave at his own 5 yard line never to be seen again
8) Sell-he busts a big gainer or 2 but not the TD…what do you think this is? Some sort of hyped up homer response 🤣

Thanks Coolie for the much needed distraction

Smith was saying he was playing middle conservative due to Atlanta being S strong. I think Denver is said to have a decent D. Hopefully Roman Wilson can help that room improve.

I have Najee scoring the first TD.

Heard the ref crew is one of the worst ones that the Steelers have had to deal with. Hopefully they aren’t as bad as the refs were in Atlanta.

Nix will be looking to rebound off a poor showing. Watt needs to make him uncomfortable and often.
Smith knows the Falcons squad well and was keenly aware of how Bates baited Bryce last year and didn’t want to set up his QB for failure

Think you are onto something with the avoidance of the middle, well that and it is the Tomlin risk aversion way as well

1.) Fields still won't be able to read a defense
2.) The camera will pan to Tomlin on the sidelines multiple times and he'll have that "man with a plan" look, but ultimately he doesn't.
3.) Pickens and the other guys who aren't Aiyuk will have less than 70 receiving yards combined [Refer to bullet #1]
4.) Our O-line will break down more often than it should
5.) We'll be held to 3 field goals
6.) Tomlin will challenge a catch that will ultimately be unsuccessful.
7.) Expect a 3rd Quarter onside kick that is recovered by DEN
8.) Our ground game will be virtually non-existent
9.) Watts will have a good game. Two sacks, one forced turnover

Denver 17, Steelers 9

2.) The camera will pan to Tomlin on the sidelines multiple times and he'll have that "man with a plan" look, but ultimately he doesn't.
3.) Pickens and the other guys who aren't Aiyuk will have less than 70 receiving yards combined [Refer to bullet #1]

Denver 17, Steelers 9
that is not how this is done

stick to the buy/sell or **** off

1. Sell, But they get 1
2. Sell. He gets on the field. But they do not break the rules of not throwing over the middle
3. Buy. 105ish
4. Sell. he gets 1. but they will give the tackle a ton of help
5 Buy. TJ sack will be a strip sack, and Bo will throw a few pics
6. Sell. But that would be cool
7. Sell. He might get benched though
8. Sell

what do you say?

1. Buy
2. Sell....he practiced but i would be surprised if he is involved in 5 plays.
3. Sell....I think he will get close
4. Buy...rookie qb in a bad offense
5. Buy...strip sack and int
6. Sell
7. Sell....might leave the game though
8. Sell..I like what CAIII brings, but punt return tds are just too rare

Denver 17, Steelers 9
If 1-8 comes about I am giving you a citation for wishing it upon us.

1. Offense gets on track and scores multiple touchdowns (for those that forgot, this is when an offensive player either carrries the ball across the goal line or catches a pass in the end zone) - BUY - 2 TDs isn't much to ask. Fields will have the opportunity on the ground this week and I think he throws for one and Najee scores one as well.

2. Roman Wilson gets on the field and helps open up the middle of the field. - SELL - It shouldn't be long before he makes an impact, our WRs are so weak.

3. Najee gains more than 100 yards rushing - SELL - I don't quite see them giving him that volume yet, but it'd be awesome if he did.

4. TJ gets multiple sacks - BUY - He had three last week...he should feast against Nix.

5. Defense gets multiple turnovers - BUY - An INT and a FR.

6. So many Steeler fans are in Denver that they play Renegade in the 4th quarter to hype of the crowd - SELL - Maybe we won't hear that stupid first down chant.

7. Bo Nix is abused so badly by the Steeler defense that he retires and leaves the country. - BUY - Not a first-round QB. Defense will be licking their chops against this guy.

8. CAIII breaks a punt return for a TD - SELL - Just don't see this one happening. If it does, we will no doubt have a holding penalty.

1. Offense gets on track and scores multiple touchdowns - Sell, they get one and Boz is icing his right leg after another 5+ FG night
2. Roman Wilson gets on the field and helps open up the middle of the field. - Sell, he sees the field but isn't a significant impact
3. Najee gains more than 100 yards rushing - Buy, 130+ yards
4. TJ gets multiple sacks - Sell, this reffing crew hates his guts
5. Defense gets multiple turnovers - Buy, Bo Nix sucks
6. So many Steeler fans are in Denver that they play Renegade in the 4th quarter to hype of the crowd - Buy, Steelers fans always represent
7. Bo Nix is abused so badly by the Steeler defense that he retires and leaves the country. - Buy, That Broncos offensive line isn't gelling well at all.
8. CAIII breaks a punt return for a TD - Sell, CAIII is all straight line speed and goes down with a stiff crosswind.

what do you say?

SSBBBBSS

1. Buy - At least 4, I predicted them scoring 45, so the D and special teams contribute as well.
2. Sell - He may see the field, but his impact won't be until later in the season.
3. Buy - Najee with 140.
4. Buy - This week TJ gets a legitimate 3.
5. Buy - Where else are those extra 17 points going to come from?
6. Sell- Not sure Denver has a large SN contingent, could be wrong. Now if the game was in Phoenix. Either way, Donkey fans will be quiet in the 4th.
7. Buy- Nix gets abused, but knows this is the best country in the world, or should.
8. Buy - Again, those 17 points, he looked close last week.

Bonus question - Jim Bob changes his user name after getting booted and comes back as Bob Jim.

1. Buy - At least 4, I predicted them scoring 45, so the D and special teams contribute as well.
2. Sell - He may see the field, but his impact won't be until later in the season.
3. Buy - Najee with 140.
4. Buy - This week TJ gets a legitimate 3.
5. Buy - Where else are those extra 17 points going to come from?
6. Sell- Not sure Denver has a large SN contingent, could be wrong. Now if the game was in Phoenix. Either way, Donkey fans will be quiet in the 4th.
7. Buy- Nix gets abused, but knows this is the best country in the world, or should.
8. Buy - Again, those 17 points, he looked close last week.

Bonus question - Jim Bob changes his user name after getting booted and comes back as Bob Jim.

Id vote he reincarnates as Burger Jim..

what do you say?

1) We scored on 6/10 drives last week. Would have been 7/10 if we converted the 4th and 1 close in or kicked. The drive at the end of the half was 24 seconds. This is incredible efficiency, just need a few more TDs over FGs.
2) Not today for Roman. Rest him another week.
3) I'd say over 100 total yards is more possible than 100 rushing.
4) TJ had multiple sacks last week. I don't see a single team that can keep him under 2 sacks without holding him or getting the refs to say he left early...
5) This is the matchup. Porter Jr on Sutton. If that is taken away, the front 7 is going to kill Nix. I can see multiple turnovers each week if we are healthy.
6) Renegade will not happen in Denver. I'd love it, but it won't happen.
7) Funny. Too early for Nix to retire, but I think he's going to have way more trouble with our D than he did against Seattle's last week.
8) I'm just waiting for him to make a play. Hasn't scored since Week 3 last year on the long catch and run from KP. I really don't know what he is. I hope he can bust one, but I'm not betting on it happening.