• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Calexit: California Leftists File Papers to Secede, Form New Confederacy

Spike

Reaction score
California secessionists unveil independence measure

A group of left-wing Californians, frustrated with the recent election of Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States, has filed an application to put a secession referendum — “Calexit” — on the 2018 ballot.

Inspired by this year’s Brexit vote that withdrew the United Kingdom from the European Union, the organization Yes California wants voters in November 2018 to repeal a section of the state constitution affirming that California is “an inseparable part” of the United States and determine whether they wanted to secede.

A “yes” vote would trigger a special election the following March in which residents would decide if “California should become a free, sovereign and independent country.”

Another “yes” vote would require the governor of the newly minted “Republic of California” to apply to the United Nations for membership.

Louis J. Marinelli, president of Yes California, told the Sacramento Bee that the group decided to go the U.N. route because they doubted that Congress would let the state secede.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/11/21/california-secessionists-unveil-independence-measure/

----------------------------

hahahahahaha

Can I sign that?

Wow, talk about remaking the electoral map. Republicans would not lose the White House for the next 30 years.

Oh, and California - good luck still getting that water from the Colorado River. Great thing that this goddamn state was too busy passing legislation outlawing cow farts and housing and schooling millions of illegal to be bothered with something as useless as rainwater capture and storage systems.

I'm all for it. Let's pull a Castro and empty our prisons, mental wards and welfare recipients into that State before they vote.

And the muslims.

I'm all for that. What would they use for finances? I know they have a ton of taxes in that state, is it enough?

I'm all for that. What would they use for finances? I know they have a ton of taxes in that state, is it enough?

Not our problem, let the UN pay for them. They are no longer a state.

“Republic of California” to apply to the United Nations for membership.

Isn't Northern Cali less nuts? Do they get to secede from Cali before Calexit? I don't want to have to take a star off of the flag.

That's great. It would completely kill off the Democrat party. The left coast libtards can't elect them on their own.

But then we wouldn't get all the crappy Hollywood remakes of sad 80's sitcoms?!

Isn't Northern Cali less nuts? Do they get to secede from Cali before Calexit? I don't want to have to take a star off of the flag.

No, they're actually worse. Berkeley and San Fran are really ****** up. We could keep San Diego, the whale's vagina.

Mexico would invade within a week with the help of all those illegals they let in(See Reconquista Movement) and these leftist clowns would get their wish to live in a 3rd world dictatorship.

Meh its a violation of an earlier supreme court ruling as well as against UN policy... Butthurt buffoons with their pipe dreams....

No, they're actually worse. Berkeley and San Fran are really ****** up. We could keep San Diego, the whale's vagina.
With the exception of Berkley and Frisco NorCal is made up of decent, hardworking, conservatives. And they are kind of pissed because they aren't being represented. All the politicians are from SoCal and liberal. A lot of people in the north state would like to break away and form their own state, the state of Jefferson. Maybe this would be a good time to do it?

I voted!

Website_Map.jpg

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

Meh its a violation of an earlier supreme court ruling as well as against UN policy... Butthurt buffoons with their pipe dreams....

I'm willing to overlook any laws it breaks if they secede.....

This would fix so many problems. Like a fly trap. Imagine the economic boon for surrounding states when businesses flee. It would be great to witness the collapse under liberal rule. They forget liberals can only keep things going so long as they have somebody else's money to pay their bills.

Cali would look like a 3rd world country within 10 years. I don't mean demographics. I mean buildings falling apart, roads needing paved, people bartering chickens for services, garbage everywhere. And a Chinese flag flying at the capital when they go groveling for another sugar daddy.

This would fix so many problems. Like a fly trap. Imagine the economic boon for surrounding states when businesses flee. It would be great to witness the collapse under liberal rule. They forget liberals can only keep things going so long as they have somebody else's money to pay their bills.

Cali would look like a 3rd world country within 10 years. I don't mean demographics. I mean buildings falling apart, roads needing paved, people bartering chickens for services, garbage everywhere. And a Chinese flag flying at the capital when they go groveling for another sugar daddy.

California is an economic power. From the incredible farmlands, and dairies, and cattle, and college system, and Silicon Valley, and entertainment industry, and on and on.

The state government is bloated, stupid, and vastly overtaxes its population - and with that, the state has an incredible economic base. If in fact the state purges 4 million illegals off its "services" role (housing, food stamps, schooling, medical care and on and on), it would once again be an incredible state and an economic giant.

It's easy to underestimate California, and think that the lying douchebags in Sacramento represent the state, but you would be wrong in believing so.

California is an economic power. From the incredible farmlands, and dairies, and cattle, and college system, and Silicon Valley, and entertainment industry, and on and on.

The state government is bloated, stupid, and vastly overtaxes its population - and with that, the state has an incredible economic base. If in fact the state purges 4 million illegals off its "services" role (housing, food stamps, schooling, medical care and on and on), it would once again be an incredible state and an economic giant.

It's easy to underestimate California, and think that the lying douchebags in Sacramento represent the state, but you would be wrong in believing so.

that would all be true if they were competently managed, but they aren't so despite that, they are in debt. This is a state that complains about drought but dumps millions of gallons of potable water into the ocean to help the smelt population.

They would go down the tubes fast if they had to pay all their own bills.

that would all be true if they were competently managed, but they aren't so despite that, they are in debt. This is a state that complains about drought but dumps millions of gallons of potable water into the ocean to help the smelt population.

They would go down the tubes fast if they had to pay all their own bills.

Which is another reason not to let them go... I dont want the communist state of chinese occupied california next door....

Looks like voting yes on Mary Jane is starting to take it's toll on the state. Dumb move, and would never be allowed to happen. This country's military under Trump would shut that **** down at the voting booths.

When the taps of money from other states are turned off that changes over night. A ton of small businesses have already left your state and the rest would follow quickly once Highway and Infrastructure money went away. Not to mention things like water and power that get pumped in from across the state lines. Yeah that dirt is fertile but it wont grow **** without H2O.

When the taps of money from other states are turned off that changes over night. A ton of small businesses have already left your state and the rest would follow quickly once Highway and Infrastructure money went away. Not to mention things like water and power that get pumped in from across the state lines. Yeah that dirt is fertile but it wont grow **** without H2O.

They could build desalination plants and pump out of the Pacific. I agree about small businesses fleeing. I did. In the mid 90's until 2003 we had a west coast plant in Adelanto. The taxes and regulations were ridiculous. We are far better off shipping out west from our plant in Indianapolis.

Last edited:
When the taps of money from other states are turned off that changes over night.

California pays more in taxes to the Federal government than its citizens receive in Fed benefits.

That is not counting the illegals, granted, and as I noted (I thought pretty clearly), if California clears the illegal leeches off the dole, it is an economic power again.