• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

California takes steps to get their **** together

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://6abc.com/politics/plan-to-di...ts-clears-first-hurdle/2581045/?sf127968410=1

Plan to divide California into 3 parts clears first hurdle

Friday, October 27, 2017 01:00AM
SAN FRANCISCO (WPVI) --
A plan to split California into three separate states has cleared its first hurdle. Supporters are set to begin collecting signatures to qualify for next year's ballot.

The plan is being funded by Bay Area tech billionaire Tim Draper, who previously funded a similar proposal back in 2014 to divide the state up into sections.

That plan failed.

Draper argues that citizens would be better served by three smaller state governments, rather than one large one.

The three way split goes like this: Northern California would include the Bay Area all the way to the Oregon border, Southern California would begin in Fresno and cover most of the southern state.

A new California would begin in Los Angeles county and cover most of the coastal areas.

Opponents say the plan would create chaos. "Creating three new governments three new legislatures, three new governors and then having to disrupt what we have as a state all our prison systems, our higher education systems," said political analyst Steven Maviglio. "I think diversity is what makes California great and this would actually ruin it."

If the measure were to make it on the ballot and be approved by voters it would also still need permission from Congress.

I think two states would be fine. Northern California definitely doesn’t get any representation at all. All the decisions being made are to benefit SoCal using the tax dollars from NorCal to accomplish their wants.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

I think two states would be fine. Northern California definitely doesn’t get any representation at all. All the decisions being made are to benefit SoCal using the tax dollars from NorCal to accomplish their wants.

I thought that it was the liberal policies from the crazy politicians in the North that have that state so F'ed up.

I thought that it was the liberal policies from the crazy politicians in the North that have that state so F'ed up.

No way. Everything north of Frisco is conservative. I know. I was raised in a little farming community 120 north of Sac. Crazy conservatives. In fact for years they have talked about forming another state from the north. They want to call it the state of Jefferson.

No way. Everything north of Frisco is conservative. I know. I was raised in a little farming community 120 north of Sac. Crazy conservatives. In fact for years they have talked about forming another state from the north. They want to call it the state of Jefferson.

My bad, good to know. I thought Frisch/Berkeley was considered NoCal.

My bad, good to know. I thought Frisch/Berkeley was considered NoCal.

Technically it probably is but most of NorCal doesn’t look at it like that. LOL. Frisco is out there in its own little space. Nobody can compare with it. When Gerry Brown says we need to repair and improve their highways he really means building another freeway in L.A.

This plan is useless because each of the 3 states would still be ruled by liberals. Of course, they must keep it that way to make sure all the electoral votes stay with the Dems.

If they split into South, Bay Area, and North, you'd have the north probably turning red.

The most Republican part of California, and one of the more Republican parts of the nation I posit, is Central California - the farming, beef, chicken and agricultural communities. I realize most of you don't drive that region, and never will, but I do. The property owners along Central California have posted dozens of signs - "Hillary for Jail," "Make America Great Again," and on and on.

However, Central California is treated like **** by the Bay Area (liberal), Sacramento (government-centric), and Southern California (liberal). Not enough votes in that region to matter.

The "split California" movement is designed to suppress even more the tiny conservative population in California. That bullshit movement is supported by Tom Steyer, a ****-*****, whom I will douse with gasoline and ignite if I see ze on the street. ******* **** has millions invested in "renewable" energy. Oh, millions he made by bankrolling and profiting on coal plants in China. So when that ******* lying **** says ze supports "renewable" energies, keep in mind that ze is only looking out for ze's millions.

**** that *****. Hope he chokes to death on vomit. Not his own vomit, somebody else's.