• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Cam Heyward: “I Play Good Cop to TJ’s Bad Cop” VS Refs

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It’s quite obvious if you watch the Pittsburgh Steelers that Cam Heyward is a trash talker on the field. Most of the time, competitors of Heyward’s stature just can’t contain themselves and it translates to trash talking on the football field. This week, Heyward joined the Pat McAfee Show while in Indianapolis to watch his little brother Connor Heyward display his skills at the NFL Combine.

The topic of trash talking came about, and McAfee asked Heyward if he talks on the field. Heyward admitted to yelling at the referees many times, but he learned his lesson after receiving some penalties.

McAfee asked Heyward if he’s a talker:

“Offensive lineman, refs, you name it I talk,” Heyward said.

McAfee would go on to ask Heyward how those conversations went with the refs? Does he start out nice in hopes of winning them over to get a call later in the game, and then when it doesn’t happen, does he go off?

“The funny thing is I play good cop to TJ’s bad cop. TJ goes OFF on refs. I love it though.” Asked if he tries to keep it balanced with the refs, he said, “Yeah.”

Heyward doesn’t just focus on the refs, though. He said he enjoys talking trash to offensive linemen too once they get him going.

“Offensive linemen once they get me talking, it’s like it’s a wrap from then on. ‘Cause you know I’m just going to be in your ear the whole entire time,” Heyward continued. “You get some of these o-linemen who are corny, like the one guy was like, ‘I remember you from like 10 years ago,’ I’m like, AND? Like what is that supposed to do? Yeah, but I’m going to whoop your *** for another four quarters.”

Picking a fight with Heyward in a trash talking battle doesn’t seem like a good idea. Take for example back in 2019 when Heyward destroyed Indianapolis Colts All-Pro guard Quenton Nelson. It’s unknown whether or not Nelson was trash talking Heyward, but the fact that this man can do this to another man of Nelson’s caliber is quite scary:

Steelers vs. Colts means we’re likely in for another matchup between Cam Heyward and Quenton Nelson. Two of the best at their position going head to head.

Heyward got the better of the three-time Pro Bowl guard last year.pic.twitter.com/oBSWHa9qNB

— Daniel Valente (@StatsGuyDaniel) December 24, 2020

Just make sure you notice the play where Heyward throws Nelson into Jacoby Brisket and causes him to tear a ligament in his knee.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..