• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

China lodges diplomatic protest following Trump's phone call with President of Taiwan

Spike

Reaction score
Destroying Jimmy Carter’s Legacy too? Oh NOES!!

China on Saturday downplayed President-elect Donald Trump’s unprecedented phone call with the leader of Taiwan — while lodging a diplomatic protest with the U.S. and blaming the island nation for the breach of protocol.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Trump’s Friday telephone call with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen was a “little trick pulled off by Taiwan,” saying “we don’t want to see this political foundation disturbed and damaged.”

The 10-minute telephone call with Taiwan’s leadership Friday was the first by a U.S. President-elect or President since President Jimmy Carter cut diplomatic ties with Taiwan in 1979, and acknowledged the island as part of “One China.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...c-protest-trump-call-taiwan-article-1.2897267

------------------------------

Oh Chi-coms!. You really think you’ll be able to dictate who President Trump talks to on the phone?

giphy.gif

Permission, we don't need no permission. There's a new sheriff in town Nancy and we will speak to who ever we want to.

Trump talked to the President of Taiwan and liberals freak out.

Obama talked with the President of Iran and met with the President of Cuba, and liberals cheer.

I know what side I’m on.

Trump talked to the President of Taiwan and liberals freak out.

Obama talked with the President of Iran and met with the President of Cuba, and liberals cheer.

I know what side I’m on.

Personally, I'm fine with both.

What's this?

Henry Kissinger visits China to ease concerns amid Trump transition

HONG KONG, Dec. 2 (UPI) -- Former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger met with China's Xi Jinping on Friday, a visit Kissinger described as timely in a moment of political transition in the United States.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...mp-transition/3041480733459/?spt=hs&or=tn_int

------------------------

Did Hillary send in The Bilderbergers?

Last edited:
Personally, I'm fine with both.

You are missing the hysterical reaction of the Dems:

“Donald Trump is either too incompetent to understand that his foolish phone call threatens our national security, or he’s doing it deliberately because he reportedly wants to build hotels in Taiwan to pad his own pockets,” said DNC spokesman Eric Walker.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...72c82123976_story.html?utm_term=.d6f7823e7791

Plus we sell Taiwan billions in military aid

“America’s policy toward Taiwan is governed by the Taiwan Relations Act, under which we maintain close ties with Taiwan and support its democratic system,” said Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) “I commend President-elect Trump for his conversation with President Tsai Ing-wen, which reaffirms our commitment to the only democracy on Chinese soil.”

So Trump is open to dialogue with other countries. That is what a leader should do.

Unlike our last three Presidents, Trump doesn't answer to China. I get the feeling that he doesn't give a **** what they think.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

How stupid is a policy that we can SELL WEAPONS to a country yet can't publicly acknowledge talking to their "President"?

Talk about antiquated 1970's cold war policies (which explains Henry Kissinger as well)....

Hell, Trump might have a whole conversation on Twitter with the President of Taiwan. What would China say then?

the big shock so far in this thread is that Kissinger is still alive?