• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chukwuma Okorafor Re-Signing With Steelers

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are making their second move of the day. They are bringing back Offensive Tackle Chukwuma Okorafor:

The #Steelers are bringing back OT Chukwuma Okorafor, sources tell me and @AKinkhabwala. Had interest elsewhere but returns to Pittsburgh, where he’s manned the right side the last two years.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 14, 2022

Okorafor has been the teams starting right tackle the past two seasons. He and the entire offensive line had up and down moments last season. The team and Okorafor clearly still saw a fit with one another and now he is inked back to Pittsburgh for two more seasons. We will update on financials of the deal when they become available.

We congratulate Okorafor on the deal and look forward to him anchoring the right side of the line.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

It is an ok move if you upgrade C and G.

Lot of work to do, I consider him a mid tier free agent.

tommy-pickles-rugrats.gif

30M/ 3 years, 20M guaranteed? what in the holly ****? we could have gotten a real talent for a couple of more millions

30M/ 3 years, 20M guaranteed? what in the holly ****? we could have gotten a real talent for a couple of more millions
Think so? Like who ? We can compare when it is all said and done. Not overly sure.

Think so? Like who ? We can compare when it is all said and done. Not overly sure.
well maybe not at OT but Cappa got 4/40M, Tomlinson 3/40M. Those guys would be true forces at the Oline

well maybe not at OT but Cappa got 4/40M, Tomlinson 3/40M. Those guys would be true forces at the Oline
There is still some decent Gs available.

You look at some of those G salaries compared to Chukes. Might be a good priced add if you zoom in.

They paid
For Chuks?
That **** would be beyond stupid

They paid

For Chuks?
That **** would be beyond stupid
well beyond my first reaction I'm seeing the Rams re-signed their swing tackle for 3/40M, that's a shitload for a non proven starter.

Makes me wonder how much Armstead is gonna get? 25M per year at least?

Very pricey for a lower-tier right tackle.
I think the position gets paid. I wasn't overly crazy about the available crop of Ts in free agency.

I think the position gets paid. I wasn't overly crazy about the available crop of Ts in free agency.
It does get paid and I believe they have an easy out. At this point, I know what to expect from him and would be willing to try a different option who needs a change of scenery or an aging veteran who could come on a cheap one-year deal.

so the guaranteed money couldnt be more than 9 to 10M right? If so this is more like a prove it deal for him, if he thrives he gets 20M in 2 seasons and 10 more the next. If he doesn't he can get cut for a 6M dead cap hit next season.

so the guaranteed money couldnt be more than 9 to 10M right? If so this is more like a prove it deal for him, if he thrives he gets 20M in 2 seasons and 10 more the next. If he doesn't he can get cut for a 6M dead cap hit next season.
my guess was right, basically 9,25M signing bonus (guaranteed) that gets divided by the 3 years of the duration + 1,25M the first year, 10M the 2nd year and 8,75M the final year. If cut he will only cost 10M out of the 29,25M contract. THis info from :