• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Clown Purge? WTF has this world come to..

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
I thought it was just a group going after Michael Moore.

Had barely 20 kids to trick or treat and no clue why. No families walking with their kids, just a bunch of Mini Vans transporting them around house to house.

So this was because of an internet Clown Purge rumor?? Thanks BarryO, Halloween, may it rest in peace. Yet one more thing ruined under his reign.

Trump/Pence - Make Halloween Great Again!

I had zero kids come to the house. We took my 9 and 10 year old to a friends neighborhood with street after street of homes and saw maybe 20 kids all night. Weird...only several houses decorated. This is Massachusetts so probably some PC alert I didn't get the memo that dressing like a Princess or Cowboy is now offensive.

The uproar over Hillary Duff's costume (she was a cute pilgrim girl and her boyfriend was a native american) pretty much sums up everything wrong with America right now.

The political correctness and "right to be outraged" over any/all things and then demand society condemn and vilify anyone (especially public figures) as racist is just so harmful to a free society.

Fill to the brim in my neighborhood. It was like a development keg party was going on. Cars and people everywhere. Lol

The number of Halloween visitors to my home has decreased substantially over the past 20 years. I don't know if that is because my neighborhood has become a bit older, but that is certainly possible. I used to have to dip into my kids' stock to give candy to all visitors, but for the past couple of years, the number has dropped massively - maybe 6 kids this year.

Halloween alive and well in my hood.

We live in a very trick-or-treat-friendly hood: all road within housing development 15 MPH speed limit, homes spread out evenly, no long stretches without houses. No "bad areas" that seem sketchy. And yet, year after year, the # of kids trick or treating dwindles. We always hang at one of our neighbors for the annual Halloween get-together and pitch in to the candy offerings there. This year was at a new all-time low; we probably had maybe 6-7 groups of kids stop by, including one group of "kids" who appeared pushing 19 or 20 years old. But they did have a cool "new Star Wars" theme. The one girl had a spot on "Rey" costume. It was really well done.

star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg

I honestly don't know why Halloween is seemingly dying. I could see if we were talking about sketchy hoods and what not. But why is traffic so low in ideal neighborhoods for trick or treating? It's a fabulous tradition. Growing up, I liked Halloween better than every holiday save Christmas. When we first move here, we used to have over 35-40 groups stop by, easy.

By the way, every kid who stopped by (I was the official greeter, per tradition) was so well behaved and polite. None acted spoiled or entitled. Maybe the next generation after the current crop will be better behaved. And none of the visitors had their parents come to the door; they all hung back on the street instead of coming to the door with the kids.

Last edited:
What a difference compared to my day. Our little legs would go to every house within blocks of our own. Load up dump off at house go refill. Get one of the adults to bring us to a zero lot line cottage type of neighborhood to load up more before night ends. And we always knew who gave out the big chocolate bars,the good stuff. Now we are lucky to get say 10 packs of kids. In my day the streets were packed and the excitement was like Christmas. I do miss the innocence of the older times

I bet they are not lamenting the lack of Halloweeners in welfare neighborhoods.

We walked around my GFs parents moms neighborhood for a bit. Went to one house and the lady was on her porch on her cell phone. She said in "maplewood" which was less than a mile away a clown was supposedly chasing people with a chainsaw and blowtorch. Kids were holed up in a house and the police were called. I have not seen any evidence that this was true or not, but several parents on the streets seemed to get wind of it. Both Kids (10 and 5) freaked out and our trick or treating was over.

We walked around my GFs parents moms neighborhood for a bit. Went to one house and the lady was on her porch on her cell phone. She said in "maplewood" which was less than a mile away a clown was supposedly chasing people with a chainsaw and blowtorch. Kids were holed up in a house and the police were called. I have not seen any evidence that this was true or not, but several parents on the streets seemed to get wind of it. Both Kids (10 and 5) freaked out and our trick or treating was over.

A well placed head shot would solve that problem.

Part of it is that people are having fewer kids. There is a 17 year age difference between my older brother and my younger sister so in the late 60s through the 80s you had kids in the neighborhoods longer. On the flip side there were a ton of Pre-Halloween activities at the malls and such around here in Tampa that many people took their kids to instead of Trick or Treating Halloween night. We had our first kid at 8:00 PM and the last 3 at 9:08 four a total of 4 kids. The last 3 kids were the grand kids of the folks next door.

Part of it is that people are having fewer kids. There is a 17 year age difference between my older brother and my younger sister so in the late 60s through the 80s you had kids in the neighborhoods longer. On the flip side there were a ton of Pre-Halloween activities at the malls and such around here in Tampa that many people took their kids to instead of Trick or Treating Halloween night. We had our first kid at 8:00 PM and the last 3 at 9:08 four a total of 4 kids. The last 3 kids were the grand kids of the folks next door.

This is true there are so many things out there now. The mall has trick or treating, walmart has trick or treating, and many churches have activities/ trunk or treat. Plus i think people are just much more wary in general. Lots of psychos out there so cant really blame them.

We had the biggest amount of trick or treaters ever...on a Monday night no less.

Our town was packed too. We walked our kids around and both sides of the street were jammed.

The uproar over Hillary Duff's costume (she was a cute pilgrim girl and her boyfriend was a native american) pretty much sums up everything wrong with America right now.

The political correctness and "right to be outraged" over any/all things and then demand society condemn and vilify anyone (especially public figures) as racist is just so harmful to a free society.

**** anyone who is offended by their costumes. It's ******* Halloween. Get over it.

I live in the town where I grew up. I graduated in a class of about 207, now they graduate less than 50. Trick or Treat was 6 to 8 and most everyone came in the first hour. Almost no one after 7 although it was getting pretty cold by then too.

I live in the town where I grew up. I graduated in a class of about 207, now they graduate less than 50. Trick or Treat was 6 to 8 and most everyone came in the first hour. Almost no one after 7 although it was getting pretty cold by then too.

Wow Ron, I thought my HS drastically dropped. Yours is worse! My graduating class in the 90's was 150. Now they graduate about 85 every year.

Plus i think people are just much more wary in general. Lots of psychos out there so cant really blame them.
What is your evidence that there are more today, versus the past?

I have read some articles that used this lack of reproduction in the US as the reason our govt is pushing for open borders and forced immigration. They claim that without sufficient growth, the Country will fall into an unsustainable economic free fall.

Yeh,,well duh. maybe if working people could afford kids we might not need to immigrate all the worlds poor Muslims.

I had nearly 700 in my graduating class and the word "Treat" does not describe many of them.

Here in rural MN, there are roughly 500 kids in the elementary school. Half of them from farms surrounding the area and would likely be driven into town for it. In the recent past there would have been nearly 100 kids stopping at my door (incidentally next door to the elementary school) so no fear of a clown ambush... WTF? Kids that lazy they don't even want to walk the hood for free candy?? Or parents using a rumor to escape the impending dental bill?

Used to be we'd only hear of the occasional nut bag tampering with the candy and the old "bring the loot to the ER for an x-ray", boy have times changed.

Maybe next year they can trick or treat for pokemon too.

My theory...

We too have seen a decrease in trick or treating over the years. I live (sadly so) in Liberal, Democrat-nut-hugging Maryland. Political Correctness is alive and well. I think all of these ever-morphing PC rules and labels and attitudes are pushing people away from Halloween.

Remember the San Bernadino shootings? Direct neighbors were convinced they were terrorists and up to no good, but refused to say a word for fear of being labeled racists.

Kids chew a pop tart into the shape of a gun, and end up in detention. Kids wear a USMC T-shirt with a gun on it, and get kicked out of school.

People frankly are worried about what they can and cannot wear. Cowboys, Indians? Go to jail. I think a lot of this is weighing in on Halloween and low numbers. For the kids we did have, I didn't open the door once. Years past I would. I was working late, and my wife did it, but I also had no interest in seeing all of the "approved, in-the-box costumes."

One point of irony. Lena Dunham wore the following for Halloween. Her "Grabbed P*ssy" costume. Showing her outrage at Trump. The same Lena Dunham who repeatedly sexually molested her much younger sister growing up. Google that. Read her personal memoirs about it. Disgusting child predator. But the Left, they love her.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lena-dunham-donald-trump-halloween-costume-2016-11

lena-dunham5-700x933.jpg

Maybe the families are going to areas known for trick or treating. I'm on my second year trick or treating with my daughter on Market St in Muncy, PA, and it is known for excellent displays, haunted houses, and great treats! People will shell out a grand for their houses. It's freakin insane. One house does a theme every year and decorates the whole yard, and the people all dress up as the characters. Like all of them. 20 people at this house. Star Wars 2 years ago, Wizzard of Oz last year, Alice in Wonderland this year. When you have beautiful displays like these, people come from 10miles away to trick or treat there.

My daughter is 3 1/2, and she now tells me to wait for her at the curb while she goes up and trick or treats by herself. It makes her feel grown up a bit I guess! We did notice one person driving their kids around in a Prius. You will see about 1000 people come through between 6-8pm, but I just thought this family was being lazy/entitled as opposed to fearing the Clown uprising.

My theory...

We too have seen a decrease in trick or treating over the years. I live (sadly so) in Liberal, Democrat-nut-hugging Maryland. Political Correctness is alive and well. I think all of these ever-morphing PC rules and labels and attitudes are pushing people away from Halloween.

Remember the San Bernadino shootings? Direct neighbors were convinced they were terrorists and up to no good, but refused to say a word for fear of being labeled racists.

Kids chew a pop tart into the shape of a gun, and end up in detention. Kids wear a USMC T-shirt with a gun on it, and get kicked out of school.

People frankly are worried about what they can and cannot wear. Cowboys, Indians? Go to jail. I think a lot of this is weighing in on Halloween and low numbers. For the kids we did have, I didn't open the door once. Years past I would. I was working late, and my wife did it, but I also had no interest in seeing all of the "approved, in-the-box costumes."

One point of irony. Lena Dunham wore the following for Halloween. Her "Grabbed P*ssy" costume. Showing her outrage at Trump. The same Lena Dunham who repeatedly sexually molested her much younger sister growing up. Google that. Read her personal memoirs about it. Disgusting child predator. But the Left, they love her.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lena-dunham-donald-trump-halloween-costume-2016-11

lena-dunham5-700x933.jpg

She was more amped to parade around semi-nude more than she really believed in her cause. If not, why the transparent material over the boobs? Why was that necessary?