• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Concealed carry guy saves lives, kills bad guy

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Didn't catch this on the big news outlets..

A shooting spree was prevented in an Arlington, Texas, sports bar when a man carrying a concealed firearm shot a man witnesses say was acting “incoherently.”

According to the Arlington Voice, the manager of the Zona Caliente Sports Bar and Grill, 37-year-old Cesar Perez, was shot dead by James Jones, 48, of Grand Prairie. Witnesses say Jones was acting very oddly when he confronted Perez.

“When the suspect came in, he walked up to the bar and started yelling,” said police spokesperson Lt. Christopher Cook. “Customers said he was yelling incoherent and strange things.”

With no warning, Jones drew his gun and fatally shot Perez. Police cannot establish any connection Jones may have had with the restaurant manager.

“After he was struck once, the suspect started shooting at the front door,” Cook said. “We know people were trying to escape, but we’re not sure if he was just trying to harm others.”

It was then that an unidentified man police are calling the “Good Samaritan” told his wife to get down, and drew his own concealed firearm. He then opened fire on Jones, shooting him. Jones died from the wounds he sustained by the patron.

Police discovered that Jones had an additional firearm, and two knives on his person.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...ls-gunman-before-he-could-murder-more-people/

In the state of FL, a person with a CCW is not permitted to carry in places that serve alcohol. Even though he acted as I would, I wonder what would happen to this Good Samaritan if this had happened here? Would the state attorney over look the fact that a CCW permit holder was carrying in a bar?

In the state of FL, a person with a CCW is not permitted to carry in places that serve alcohol.
Texas has the same law. I saw signs to that effect when I was there.

Texas has the same law. I saw signs to that effect when I was there.
Looks like there can be exceptions in Texas -
The unidentified “Good Samaritan” is being hailed as a hero by Arlington police, and will face no charges as he broke no laws being both a concealed carry license holder, and firing his weapon in a “blue sign” business. These “blue signs” allow certain establishments that serve alcohol to allow patrons to carry firearms with them on the premises.

If the bar/grill earns 51% of their money from food AND you are NOT drinking yes you can carry in both Florida and Texas, I have done it many times in Florida and went to the sheriffs office for conformation.