• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Could A Reunion Be in Store for Pittsburgh and this Free Agent RB?

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There have been plenty of rumors surfacing about what the Pittsburgh Steelers will be doing in regards to addressing their need at running back after an incredibly underwhelming season in the ground game. While many would likely scoff at the idea, pursuing Le’Veon Bell in free agency is not a bad idea assuming cooler heads have prevailed since his departure a few years ago.

Bell was unbelievable during his time with the Steelers, but things didn’t end the way everyone had hoped as he bet on himself while holding out for the contract he wanted and later landing with the New York Jets for less money. Throughout his time with the Jets, Bell struggled to stay healthy as well as get the opportunities he had hoped for in New York’s lackluster offense.

Though there were presumably rifts between Bell and other Steelers players at the time, the former Steelers running back didn’t leave the team on irreconcilable terms as he remained close with several Pittsburgh players after his departure. It might be presumptuous to think, but there could be a chance the move to the Jets proved the grass wasn’t exactly greener for Bell and there’s no doubt his career would have continued it’s impressive pace with the Steelers.

Even with all of the talent in the league today at the running back position, there is arguably no one that has the skill set Bell possesses with his incredible patience behind the line and ability to be a threat in the passing game. It’s worth noting he is not the top free agent at his position so the Steelers wouldn’t be spending anywhere near his asking price several years ago as Bell approaches his age 30 season in 2022.

Wherever Pittsburgh chooses to spend their money in free agency remains to be unknown, but it’s obvious the running game needs work and someone with experience as well as a versatile skill-set could be a difference maker for the team as this could be Ben Roethlisberger‘s last season.

Would yinz want to see Bell back in black and gold? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I’ve gone away from my original opinion regarding Lev Bell, and would take him back under right conditions

Could we actually put put relevant info in the title rather than the frustrating click bait titles that are about selling ads and not really about clear information?

good article, annoying title.

Reactions: GMC
Vet minimum as a backup. Still need to draft a RB in round 1 or move up in round 2.

The only way to sign him back to the team is with an incentive heavy 1 year deal. Otherwise, you're pissing your money away. That gives him incentive to perform well for the Steelers and show other teams that he still has the goods after his 1 year deal is up.

Was he on the field for the AFCCG or SB? I don't recall him being dressed. I'd rather go after someone like Gus Edwards. He's younger and a workhorse to back-up our new, rookie back.

Hell No!!! I also see where people are speculating about AB returning. Hell No to that dumb *** as well. They showed they didn't want to be in Pittsburgh the first time around so I sure as hell don't want to see their ***** back in the 'Burgh ever again, unless on another team!

Ladies and Gentlemen rest assured there will be no reunion of either one. It was All started by speculation "click bait".

Now last time I was through Pittsburgh Airport I ran into Franco Harris and he looked in GREAT football shape and he appeared to be ready to play as he was in full pads but a little hunched over.

Salute the nation

He's a shell of his former self and also a lot older. What has he done since? Not much

You would have to give up a pick for Edwards