• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Curse of the Terrible Towel strikes again

Yeah I remember when Myron came up with that idea of the Terrible Towel.
We always had stuff like that from sports announcers in the city when I grew up there.
Bob Prince who was the voice of the Pirates when they were relevant, came up with something called the Green Weenie.
Terrible Towel really took off though!

Yeah I remember when Myron came up with that idea of the Terrible Towel.
We always had stuff like that from sports announcers in the city when I grew up there.
Bob Prince who was the voice of the Pirates when they were relevant, came up with something called the Green Weenie.
Terrible Towel really took off though!
i have a Green Weenie!
Really

The two that had not been mentioned.

Let's just examine one year, 2008. Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason stomps on a Terrible Towel. The Ravens go on to lose all three matchups with the Steelers in '08, including the AFC Championship game.

The harshest punishment The Towel ever rendered.
Ernest Byners actions caused the Browns to move and to s u c k for all eternity. LOL

— In January 1995, prior to a playoff game in Pittsburgh, Cleveland Browns running back Earnest Byner stepped on a towel one of the Steelers had dropped while waving it to excite the crowd at Three Rivers Stadium. The Steelers won that playoff game, 29-9. Byner gained 43 yards. The Browns announced they were leaving Cleveland 10 months later.

The point of the terrible towel isn't disrespecting the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Football Team. It is a disrespect to the fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That is how you rile up a fan base, and Steeler fans are EVERYWHERE, so if you disrespect the towel. Be sure to sleep with one eye open!!

The point of the terrible towel isn't disrespecting the Pittsburgh Steelers or the Football Team. It is a disrespect to the fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That is how you rile up a fan base, and Steeler fans are EVERYWHERE, so if you disrespect the towel. Be sure to sleep with one eye open!!
I’ve buried many people with a Terrible Towel in the casket.

The Towel that rules the world.

England
6a00d8341c176253ef00e54f61fcfe8834-500wi.jpg

Rome
thenic.jpg

Cambodia
CAMBODIA.png

Greece
greece.jpg

Egypt
egypt1.jpg

Beijing (at the Olympics)
The Towel caught on camera. (upper right hand corner)
bejingtowel.jpg

Tanzania
tanzania.jpg

Italy
OIP-3.jpg

Somewhere in Africa
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited: