• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Daisy

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking the cat is out of the bag on this one already.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Iran was our friend again because of ISIS.

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
"Daisy" was a 1964 TV ad that the LBJ campaign ran to state that Goldwater's policies would put the world at risk of nuclear war. The same could be said of the current "president's" policies. It is believed that that ad had a measurable effect on the outcome of that election. If we were paying attention, such a message would serve as a "wake up" call to the course of events unfolding today. But since we now have an enormous segment of the electorate called "low information voters", and the overwhelming majority of the "53%" just trying to make ends meet, such a message is lost among the distractions of our cluttered lives and furiously unfolding "news cycles".

The people of 1964 were simple. They didn't have cable TV, social media, and reality shows. They were busy making stuff from all the steel they produced, building interstates, cities, and staring down the red menace. They remembered the two world wars and realized what was at stake. Narcissism didn't exist and homosexuality was a mental disease. Now we have a homosexual narcissist posing as the commander in chief.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I know what the Daisy add was I am just saying I think Iran already has a nuke or all the components and they simply haven't assembled it and tested it for the sake of secrecy.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
"Daisy" was a 1964 TV ad that the LBJ campaign ran to state that Goldwater's policies would put the world at risk of nuclear war. The same could be said of the current "president's" policies. It is believed that that ad had a measurable effect on the outcome of that election. If we were paying attention, such a message would serve as a "wake up" call to the course of events unfolding today. But since we now have an enormous segment of the electorate called "low information voters", and the overwhelming majority of the "53%" just trying to make ends meet, such a message is lost among the distractions of our cluttered lives and furiously unfolding "news cycles".

The people of 1964 were simple. They didn't have cable TV, social media, and reality shows. They were busy making stuff from all the steel they produced, building interstates, cities, and staring down the red menace. They remembered the two world wars and realized what was at stake. Narcissism didn't exist and homosexuality was a mental disease. Now we have a homosexual narcissist posing as the commander in chief.

The people of 1964 were also:

Narcissistic (force their 'morals' and religion on everyone=Repugnicans) Who can forget a few years before their adding of nonsense to the pledge and money?

Mentally diseased( homophobia, again=Repugnicans)

Paranoid delusional ('The red threat' again prostelhytyzed and ludicrously exaggerated by conservative 'think tanks' to suit the MIC)

Racist(let's not forget those good ol lynchings and church bombings)

Simple( oh yeah even today. They own that ****=Repugnicans) Trot out Ted Cruz or Palin and have them open their mouths. Open and shut case.

No information voters( the standard for right wing wackos)

Cue Sebastian for Polo

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
The people of 1964 were...

loyal, hard working, long suffering, humble, and of quality you've never seen. You should ask your parents if they remember your grandparents.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome back, Polio.

The Welcoming Commitee

Steelers Rule!

Reaction score
The people of 1964 were also:

Narcissistic (force their 'morals' and religion on everyone=Repugnicans) Who can forget a few years before their adding of nonsense to the pledge and money?

Proposed by Republican President Eisenhower. Passed by a thoroughly Democratically controlled House and Senate.

Mentally diseased( homophobia, again=Repugnicans)

How you make this leap, I have no idea on earth. Both APA's are self governing bodies with no direct ties to government entities. Seeing as how they both classified homosexuality as a pathology/psychoses until the 1970's, I fail to see what Republicans have to do with that in 1964. Oh, wait, you're going to go with Eisenhower and his ban of gays in government. Never mind that Truman started that program before Eisenhower was in office. Hell, his Secretary State developed what was called a 'model' program for rooting out gays at Foggy Bottom in 1947. He wouldn't publicly come out and admit it was going on, or declare a ban, because he and his cabinet were worried about the political backlash if the public discovered how many gays were working at State Department then. His administration purged at least 91 gays in three years.

Paranoid delusional ('The red threat' again prostelhytyzed and ludicrously exaggerated by conservative 'think tanks' to suit the MIC)

So what do you call the opposite extreme of the Roosevelt Administration, that categorically denied that Stalin was purging tens of millions of Georgians, Ukrainians, and Cossacks in the 1930's? That made nicey-nicey with Uncle Joe during the war, to the point of blaming Hitler for atrocities that Stalin had committed? (Katyn Woods ring a bell?) That categorically denied at first that there were any fellow travelers working in the government?

Racist(let's not forget those good ol lynchings and church bombings)

Then who the **** stopped it? There weren't any Freedom Riders, the Guard didn't enforce Brown vs Board of Education, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 didn't pass, because every one was racist then. True enlightenment wasn't achieved until later when the boomers finally came of age I guess. That evil Republican controlled House, Senate, White House and southern state conglomerate just had their way despite everything poor, benighted, severely outnumbered democrats could do. Those evil *************.

Simple( oh yeah even today. They own that ****=Repugnicans) Trot out Ted Cruz or Palin and have them open their mouths. Open and shut case.

Biden and Hank Johnson. There, **** you.

But here's PLENTY more.
http://www.bookwormroom.com/2012/08/28/democrat-gaffes-nastiness-and-sheer-ignorance-just-a-few-highlights-from-the-democrat-side-of-the-aisle/

No information voters( the standard for right wing wackos)

Or any one who voted for Obama. And especially, those who did twice.

But at least 3.5 million wised up between elections.

Cue Sebastian for Polo

[/QUOTE]