• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dalton's cast removed

Rusty will never live it down if he comes in and loses another playoff game

They can trot his *** out there if they want to, but one hit and that may be it!!!!! Go Steelers!!!!

And honestly, although I would hate to see it - what would it mean if the backup came in and won a playoff game where Big Red couldn't?

Hmmm...

I honestly doubt even Marv would risk it. And further I doubt whether Dalton's grip would be any good. Pretty sure this is smoke they hope wll keep the Steelers guessing. But it cam up on my sports alerts and hadn't seen anything here yet, so.....

He'd make a fine back-up if he can handle snaps and hand off.

It is likely on schedule for him to get the cast off now, strengthen it for 10 days and start next weekend. Too bad they won't have a game.

You ever had a cast removed after 3-4 weeks before? Ain't no way his hand will be ready by Saturday.

Honestly one mishandled snap in practice could very easily become two snaps if ya get my drift. I never played qb but did center some....it's VERY easy to bang one off a guys thumb now and then.

I'd rather play Dalton. This defense seems to play miserably against backups. The calls are so passive. And unlike the Browns guy, I'm afraid Mccarron is capable of hitting the check downs and moving the sticks keeping Ben off of the field. Pay the piper and realize you will get hit with a few big plays and turnovers. Keep the game long with lots of possessions. Both teams over 20 points. Steelers score 30 or more. Don't get mired down in a low 20s winner game. Sure loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so ******* pissed they slapped us into the primetime spot. Yet another playoff game I don't get to watch. I ******* HATE primetime football.

I think I'd take playing against Busted Dalton over AJ MacFarlane. But this smells of a total smokescreen. I can't see how Dalton could be ready by Saturday night.

I'm so ******* pissed they slapped us into the primetime spot. Yet another playoff game I don't get to watch. I ******* HATE primetime football.

You and the Bengals share this sentiment. lol

This team typically plays solid during prime time. So dont worry- you'll get another shot to watch them in 2 weeks :towel:

Marvin has already said 1) AJ McCarron will start on Saturday night and 2) he is not sure if Dalton will be healthy enough to be the backup.

Marvin has already said 1) AJ McCarron will start on Saturday night and 2) he is not sure if Dalton will be healthy enough to be the backup.

Did he say this today? I haven't heard him say he is definitely starting.

Great news! Then the Rifle should start!
He'll suck big time!

I'd rather play Dalton. This defense seems to play miserably against backups. The calls are so passive. And unlike the Browns guy, I'm afraid Mccarron is capable of hitting the check downs and moving the sticks keeping Ben off of the field. Pay the piper and realize you will get hit with a few big plays and turnovers. Keep the game long with lots of possessions. Both teams over 20 points. Steelers score 30 or more. Don't get mired down in a low 20s winner game. Sure loss.

Reminds of the days when The Steelers would fall flat to guys like Jon Kitna and Kelly Holcomb.

**** the Bengals

I see lots of trolls

And honestly, although I would hate to see it - what would it mean if the backup came in and won a playoff game where Big Red couldn't?

Hmmm...

As a Bengal fan, it probably wouldn't matter. Mike Brown sticks by his guys. Look how long Marvin has been here and hasn't won a single playoff game...

FlUCK it, put the BB gun in the eye dude in. Ginger can be our huckleberry............. REALITY is with the cast freshly off, the back up is probably better.

Salute the nation