• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

de Blasio finishing the job of making NYC a shithole again

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Minor infractions should be tickets and not arrests. Jails are filled with people who did something stupid in a moment and pay for it with a record. Not to mention free up resources for more serious violations. The whole system needs looked at and not just in NY

Minor infractions should be tickets and not arrests. Jails are filled with people who did something stupid in a moment and pay for it with a record. Not to mention free up resources for more serious violations. The whole system needs looked at and not just in NY

I like the sentiment NC but if you think about it for a minute, you may come to the same conclusion that started the whole clean-up NYC program in the first place. Not unlike the gun issue, people who break the law seldom worry about what that law says.

I would think that drinking Mad Dog in the park or takin' a leak at the bus stop is not what your average citizen does even once in their lifetime, especially if they know they will be arrested for doing it.

If I had a 'bum' problem, giving them a ticket would only add to my paperwork pile and still not solve anything. Lord knows they ain't gonna pay that ticket anyway. On the other hand if I picked them up off my streets and guided them to a facility designed to deal with their particular problem, then at the very least, my streets would eventually start smelling better.........jus sayin'

y898T2X.jpg

Last edited:
just remember that every liberal idea is dumb because it is based on nonsense. They think too many minorities are arrested so the solution is not to try to fix the problems that lead minorities to committ significantly more crimes per capita, instead they simply instruct cops to not arrest people and they think it's problem solved if the arrest rate has gone down.

So NY will go back to being a shithole. Bums sleeping on benches, drunks pissing in the streets, delivery trucks double parked and blocking traffic.. Yet the liberals will claim it is working because they number of arrests on a spreadsheet is lower.

What did they call it...the broken window syndrome or something like that? Under Guiliano the idea was that people committing small crimes move on to committing bigger crimes. So heading them off sooner would clean up the city. It did but they had to enforce the law to do so. The laws are kryptonite it to Liberals.

“The results of this survey prove what we’ve been hearing time and time again from members over the past two years — the job is more difficult than ever, the dangers are greater, and morale is extremely low,” said Patrick Lynch, president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association.

Roughly 87 percent of cops said the Big Apple has become “less safe” since the new administration took over at the beginning of 2014, with 55 percent of those respondents describing New York City as “a lot less safe.”

Ninety-six percent of cops also said that relations between cops and the communities they patrol have gotten worse during the same period — even as Bratton has made repairing those relationships a cornerstone of his policing strategy.

Meanwhile, 89 percent of cops polled said they would quit the NYPD if they were offered a higher-paying job in law enforcement, while 86 percent said they would not recommend the job to family members.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/14/nypd-officers-hate-their-jobs-survey/

Too many blacks are getting arrested so we have to make the things they get arrested for not crimes any more.

I don't think this is off topic since NY is the center of the discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgawv-3oDcQ

For those wishing to get to the point, ff to 11 mins. Others may wish to deepen their understanding of recent history and spend an hour+. NY has a storied history. Ups and downs but definitely a great study. Just depends on what your concept of great is. Cheers

Going back to the good ol' days of NYC.

NYC stopped being a shithole at some point?

My ex-wife's sister lived in Manhattan and I've been there a handful of times. It's one of the most miserable places I've ever seen. The constant noise is deafening. No grass, all concrete except for Central Park. Rats everywhere. The whole city smells like piss. Garbage piled up all over. Everyone rushes around like they're freaking out from stress. Horrible traffic. Astronomical food prices. Terrorists everywhere. ****. That. City.