• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

December tickets

NoKap#7

Reaction score
In your honest opinion...considering weather in Pittsburgh in December is it a risky trip to take to a game? Thinking about going to Chiefs game. What's been the experience of those who have attended games especially temp wise in Dec?

Tickets seem pretty reasonable too ($94- $140 range)...prob because of the anticipated weather. What are you guys normally paying for tickets in that month?

Last edited:
its the chiefs game.. go. Weather in Pittsburgh is rarely that bad especially in dec. You could get rained on for that matter. That said ive been to dec game back in the day where my beer iced over. THat was in the 80's at Three Rivers. The biggest risk is if it rained on you. I went to a game a few yrs ago in Nov i think,, against the chiefs.. it rained like heck.

In your honest opinion...considering weather in Pittsburgh in December is it a risky trip to take to a game? Thinking about going to Chiefs game. What's been the experience of those who have attended games especially temp wise in Dec?

Tickets seem pretty reasonable too ($94- $140 range)...prob because of the anticipated weather. What are you guys normally paying for tickets in that month?
I’m thinking because it’s Christmas Day.

its the chiefs game.. go. Weather in Pittsburgh is rarely that bad especially in dec. You could get rained on for that matter. That said ive been to dec game back in the day where my beer iced over. THat was in the 80's at Three Rivers. The biggest risk is if it rained on you. I went to a game a few yrs ago in Nov i think,, against the chiefs.. it rained like heck.
35 degrees and raining is pretty miserable. I’d rather it be 15 degrees and snowing. Much easier to stay dry.

I'm an avid outdoorsman and acclimated to ******, miserable weather. If you're not inclined to suffrage, stay at home and watch the game with your comfy couch and buffet of salty snacks. The temps are usually in the 30's and that wind coming off the rivers can be a ***** if you're seated in the nosebleeds.

The Christmas day against the Ravens was rather nice. High 40s. Then again 2021 season 1/3 was brutally cold vs the Browns, then the week after, Ben's throwing in 60degree weather in Baltimore.

It's a crap shoot, but the tickets are cheap because it's Christmas and people have plans.

It all depends on what you are willing to tolerate. A couple of years ago there was the very cold game against the Raiders and yes, it could be cold and rainy. Generally, it's going to be 30-40 degrees and cloudy. Probably worth going because it's the Chiefs and will hopefully be a big game for the AFC playoff picture.

I recently went on xmas eve against the Raiders....I think it got to 7 degrees. Second coldest game in Pittsburgh I believe. Slight flurry all game. Awesome time. Pickett won it on his last drive. I would do it if I were you. :)

It all depends on what you are willing to tolerate. A couple of years ago there was the very cold game against the Raiders and yes, it could be cold and rainy. Generally, it's going to be 30-40 degrees and cloudy. Probably worth going because it's the Chiefs and will hopefully be a big game for the AFC playoff picture.
I underdressed in the Miami game where we lost at the end as AB stepped out of bounds on a desperation toss the football around.

It was fricken cold that day I swore my arse stuck to the seat.

Pittsburgh actually has fairly mild winters. If you were going north of I-80 and the lake effect snow that would be different.
For the most part just depends on the year. Had a few really cold ones that came with extra high snow piles for my shoveling enjoyment.