• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Democrats will fillabuster boarder security and the wall

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Democrats will filibuster border security and the wall.

I say let them. Let them talk. It's is a chance for many of them, who will be up for re-election in disproportionate numbers in comparison to their Republican counterparts. Democrats in 2018 must defend 23 Seat seats while the GOP need only defend 8 seats. And quite a few of those 23 seats are in Red states.

Most voters, not to be confused with slanted media polls, are for the project.

After a few months, rule Rule XXII ( PRECEDENCE OF MOTIONS ) will be used. This puts limits on filibusters. Then it will only be a matter of time. If the Democrats want to spend all their time, and energy on a losing battle, that's okay with me.

Sooner or later, the wall will be built. They can't stop it! But they can give Trump extra time to negotiate with Mexico.

http://www.rules.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=RuleXXII

Bitter Democrats and their liberal media are irrelevant now. Let them wallow in their misery.

Money to build a border wall was already approved in 1996 under President Slick.

Money to build a border wall was already approved in 1996 under President Slick.

Yep you can't filibuster legislation thats already passed.

Any more info on this that its already been approved?

What's funny is that the Dems spent the last 8 years making it easier the shut down debate and for the Prez to go around congress. These people thought the election was in the bag and they'd rule unopposed for 50 years.

it should be noted that no senators boycotted the inauguration. Why? Because a senator must win a state wide election. They can't just play to a small group of liberals in a gerrymandered district.

I am amazed at the outrage coming from south of the border. How can they justify anger over tighter border security ? Jus doesn't compute. Are they sayin' that we don't have the right to protect the border ? Are they sayin' they haven't taken advantage of that porous border.?

Or are they just afraid that if the flow of money back into their country gets tweaked, they are in serious trouble ?

MEXICO CITY – Mexicans are beginning to debate how to fight back against U.S. President Donald Trump’s aggressive stance on trade and immigration.

Prominent political figures have suggested the country expel U.S. law enforcement agents, stop detaining Central American migrants or no longer inspect northbound trucks for drug shipments. Some activist groups Friday were calling for a boycott of American brands.
http://www.journalgazette.net/news/world/Mexico-begins-to-fight-back-against-Trump-17510315

aGcRhVR.jpg

I don't like the tariff idea.

I much prefer the idea of cutting off and drastically decreasing our paying of their "drug war" and then adding a 2% tax on all money/wire transfers from the United States to other countries. That number is something like $25 billion so you combine the $30 million/year is aid PLUS the $500 million/year in taxes on remittances and you have plenty to fund a new bond program just for the wall.

I think a new bond idea would be great. People around the country can say "I helped build the wall" and let those that agree with it choose to invest their money in it. Just like we funded WWII. Make the interest rate pretty good and you'll have banks and investment brokers going for it as well to diversify their portfolios.

It's a no brainer.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMediaSurvivor%2Fvideos%2F1662172470746683%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

That wall just got 10,000 feet higher!

I'm sure his IQ is 150 or so because he is so smart.../sarc. What an idiot. Just keep laughing loser.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FMediaSurvivor%2Fvideos%2F1662172470746683%2F&show_text=0&width=400" width="400" height="400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

I would ask why is your country a shithole that everyone wants to leave and come here?

Well judging by the accent of this guy he is from Spain. He's telling a stupid joke about making paella (a traditional spanish dish). Nothing to do with the wall.

I can't tell you about the illegal inmigrants.What I can tell you is what middle to upper classes in Mexico think. We really don't care if you build it. We know you have every right to do so. Maybe it will be beneficial for us too because less weapons will enter illegaly to Mexico to fight OUR war (I don't know why it is just ours).

What most of us don't like, is how he says Mexico has to pay for it. For me is like the bully at school telling the smaller kid he has to pay his lunch. If he wants to build the wall it's ok, pay for it. We as a large part of the rest of the world think that Trump is someone to be feared. Last week there were some mexicans politicians to start NAFTA renegotitations whe he announced that the wall was starting its construction and if Mexico wouldn't pay it was better that the Mexican president didn't come (there was a visit scheduled this week). You know in politics the form of doing and saying thing means a lot.

Sorry, I didn't want to talk politics just tell you that this video is subtitled wrong. I have a lot of american friends, and been there several times. Maybe I'm just lucky but never have been treated badly by anyone. I've been a couple of times in Pittsburgh and had the time of my life and made nice friends. The one time I was treated with disrespect was outside Gillette Staidum but I think that was a valid reason. I think american people are good people and believe me I admire you nationalism. It's ok to put America first. But I really think that to breaking commercial relationships will be bad for us both. Of course maybe more for Mexico but your economy will also get a hit. Mexico is not a little country we are the 13th economy in the world and the second import of US products. I guess we shall see.

Sorry, I didn't want to talk politics just tell you that this video is subtitled wrong. I have a lot of american friends, and been there several times. Maybe I'm just lucky but never have been treated badly by anyone. I've been a couple of times in Pittsburgh and had the time of my life and made nice friends. The one time I was treated with disrespect was outside Gillette Staidum but I think that was a valid reason.

Well, Pats**** fans.
Thank you for the translation. Most Americans are not against immigration but we are against illegal immigration. Therefore we need a border wall.

I am amazed at the outrage coming from south of the border. How can they justify anger over tighter border security ? Jus doesn't compute. Are they sayin' that we don't have the right to protect the border ? Are they sayin' they haven't taken advantage of that porous border.?

Or are they just afraid that if the flow of money back into their country gets tweaked, they are in serious trouble ?

aGcRhVR.jpg

Mexicans are the majority of "immigrants" in my area. They can be very arrogant at times flaunting their earned income credit flashy cars, trucks, clothes, purses, etc. Many will give you a "**** you gringo" look and get in or out of their $40,000 vehicle. I don't know about most of you here but even though we make a damn good salary for our area, having a junior in college and a senior in high school is more than we can pay for. A $40,000 vehicle is completely out of the question right now but we see a lot of them in our neighborhood. One family up the street has bought a nearly new Chevy every few months. Then their punk kid gets a nearly new Infiniti sedan. Must be rough huh?

It has been sickening, completely sickening, how our noses have been rubbed in the excess of the "charity" being thrown at these invaders with our tax dollars! We borrowed money to lavish on these criminals and now they have the nerve to question the direction our government has lead us? They don't deserve citizenship. No ******* way.