• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Devlin Hodges Excited For Year 2: 1 on 1 Interview With The Duck

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
By: John Walker, @realjohnwalker SteelerNation.com   In 2019, the Pittsburgh Steelers experienced a roller coaster of a year. A season ending injury to future Hall of Fame quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Week 2 left Pittsburgh scrambling to find a signal caller for the remainder of their season. After trading Josh Dobbs to the Jacksonville Jaguars, […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Excellent interview John, thanks for the write up

DUCK is absolutely a lovable story !!! One can't but root for his success but in the end it's about talent translated to the field of play. I'm sure it comes down to Paxton & Duck for that final QB roster spot. I haven't witnessed any play of Paxton's so its hard to determine on a field of play talent evaluation. Our COACHING staff will see day to day what is going on and we will have to trust the turn out. I want BEST translate to field talent and if that ends up being DUCK then that great love story will continue and if not then a whole new book may get written.

Salute the nation

Excellent interview John, thanks for the write up

DUCK is absolutely a lovable story !!! One can't but root for his success but in the end it's about talent translated to the field of play. I'm sure it comes down to Paxton & Duck for that final QB roster spot. I haven't witnessed any play of Paxton's so its hard to determine on a field of play talent evaluation. Our COACHING staff will see day to day what is going on and we will have to trust the turn out. I want BEST translate to field talent and if that ends up being DUCK then that great love story will continue and if not then a whole new book may get written.

Salute the nation

Very accurate. If the game was just about effort, heart and confidence Duck would be a starter. But at some point it is also about size, arm strength and tangibles too. If he desn't make a big second year jump he should seriously consider Canada. I think his game might be tailor made for the CFL. If you are a star you can make 300k or more and he can hunt birds every week in the fall.