• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dick LeBeau Detailed How Mad Steelers Great Troy Polamalu Made Him When He Nearly Put His "Family Members At Risk"

SteelerNation.com News

Forefather
Admin
Reaction score
One of the most underappreciated coaches in not only Pittsburgh Steelers' history, but in NFL history, is the great Dick LeBeau. He was a two-time Super Bowl champion, Sporting News Coordinator of the Year in 2008, and was inducted into the Pittsburgh Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is just talking about his time as a coach, LeBeau was an impressive player as well. He was a three-time Pro Bowl cornerback and was a part of the Detroit Lions' legendary secondary in the '60s. During his career, he recorded an insane 62 interceptions that helped his case for him to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

READ MORE

One of my most favorite Coaches. A very very good defensive mind.

I liked how he read “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” story, and how close he was with his players.

What about his 2008 defense, one of the best ever……….

Salute the nation

One of the most underappreciated coaches in not only Pittsburgh Steelers' history, but in NFL history, is the great Dick LeBeau. He was a two-time Super Bowl champion, Sporting News Coordinator of the Year in 2008, and was inducted into the Pittsburgh Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is just talking about his time as a coach, LeBeau was an impressive player as well. He was a three-time Pro Bowl cornerback and was a part of the Detroit Lions' legendary secondary in the '60s. During his career, he recorded an insane 62 interceptions that helped his case for him to make the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

READ MORE
Not so much. Dick is one of the MOST respected coaches in Pittsburgh steeler's history.....and has a bunch of respect outside of Pittsburgh also. Nice story though.

Not so much. Dick is one of the MOST respected coaches in Pittsburgh steeler's history.....and has a bunch of respect outside of Pittsburgh also. Nice story though.

Respectful rating of respect (SB era)

1) Chuck Noll
2) Bill Cowher
2A) Dick LeBeau
3) Mike Tomlin
4) Mike Muncheck
5) Multiple from here on out Dick Hoak being near the top

Salute the nation

I would have him back in a heartbeat as a consultant. know it will never happen.
But I would love to have Tony Dungy as said consultant

I would have him back in a heartbeat as a consultant. know it will never happen.
But I would love to have Tony Dungy as said consultant

That would be to intimidating for coach Tomlin……………..

Haley would be another consultant candidate or even OC.

Salute the nation