• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Did the Bungles bungle?

Stewey

Reaction score
Question for those who well versed involving college players. I know squat.
Considering all the talent apparently available, this looks bad to me.

The couple of places I read said Bengals behemoth pick OT Amarius Mims at 6-8, 340 "was a project".
"He has potential" "he is intriguing", "has only 8 college starts."

Potential? Intriguing?

I wouldn't want that crap here.

The Bungles could have picked Troy Fautanu instead. Why didn't they?
Just curious to know if someone thought we would have selected Mims if he fell to us?

Remember another mountain of a man Jamain Stevens, the 6-6 336 bust that went to on to play for guess who? The Bungles!

Yeah...I'll be honest, I don't know shiit about most of the players anymore. But when I read/heard Mims only had 8 starts, that worried me. Listening to Williamson, the thing he kept saying was you can't teach size. That says to me the guy is a real project, so I was fine when Cincy took him.

Yeah...I'll be honest, I don't know shiit about most of the players anymore. But when I read/heard Mims only had 8 starts, that worried me. Listening to Williamson, the thing he kept saying was you can't teach size. That says to me the guy is a real project, so I was fine when Cincy took him.
He had starts in previous years.

I'm not a guru, but that's OK because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express..... several years ago.

Our guy will be a better player than their guy. I felt for our system and coaching, Mims wouldn't fair well.

Salute the nation

Mims is an extremely fluid athlete who was just buried on the Gerogia depth chart... the guy had all the attributes, but limited experience.
If you are looking at a RT, I think he is a no brainer... as a left you want way more time to develop... the guy looks like he is 280 but he is 340..... he also is only 21... he legitimately could end up bigger

Mims is an extremely fluid athlete who was just buried on the Gerogia depth chart... the guy had all the attributes, but limited experience.
If you are looking at a RT, I think he is a no brainer... as a left you want way more time to develop... the guy looks like he is 280 but he is 340..... he also is only 21... he legitimately could end up bigger
I'm not disparaging the guy in any way, I was just concerned a bit by the lack of playing time. Also, I like what i have heard pre and post draft here on Fatanu having a bit of a nasty streak. Didn't really hear that on Mims. I think they need a little nasty up front there.

Because they thought we wanted him, that's their drafting process
That is so true, it seems anyone that we get linked to the Bengals will take them if they're ahead of us. Does their scouting department just follow ours around 😂

The Bengals got a player who could be the best RT in the entire draft. He played really well in big games. Tackles struggle early, so it's a process to develop them and I think they made a good pick for what they like to do on offense.