• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Does anybody REALLY give a ****?

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
We have all kinds of problems with this executive branch. Problems that make Nixon look like a piker. Outside of these kinds of forums, are there any "representatives" up on Capitol Hill who give a ****? As in give a **** like start impeachment proceedings - pick your issue? I think not.

Spike

Reaction score
Viva la revolución........we have seen the enemy!

barack-14th-michelle-antoinette.jpg

South Dakota Wants To Impeach Obama

On Saturday, the state convention of South Dakota’s Republican Party passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama.

the resolution charges that Obama has “violated his oath of office in numerous ways.” For specific examples, the resolution names Obama’s decision to trade five Taliban combatants for captive US soldier Bowe Bergdahl, his assertion that Americans who like their insurance can keep it under Obamacare, and the recent release by the Environmental Protection Agency of new regulations to cut carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/06/22/3451746/south-dakota-gop-impeach-obama/

CONGRESSMAN: HOUSE WOULD VOTE TO IMPEACH

The comments come from Rep. Lou Barletta, R-Pa., in an interview with radio host Gary Sutton.

“We have a president who has taken this to a new level. And it’s put us in a real … position where he’s just absolutely ignoring the Constitution, ignoring the laws, ignoring the checks and balances,” he said.

“The problem is, what do you do? … For those who say impeach him for breaking the laws or not enforcing the laws, you know. Could that pass, in the House? It probably, it probably could."

http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/congressman-house-would-vote-to-impeach/

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is if the GOP does it to a DNC president the DNC will do it to the next GOP president. They forget that over site is a constitutionally mandated duty.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
The GOP did impeach Clinton over stuff that was WAYYYYY less than what this asshat has done.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is if the GOP does it to a DNC president the DNC will do it to the next GOP president. They forget that over site is a constitutionally mandated duty.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Rush covered this recently and the reasons he had made sense, political BS true but understandable in this current Washington climate.

Republicans Won't Impeach Obama -- and Democrats Will Not Abandon Him
It's clear that the legal threshold has been met, but there is no political will to do it. And without that, it is a waste of time, if you don't have the political will. Meaning, if the Republican Party doesn't have the gonads, and if the American people are not desirous of it, then it's just whistling into the wind. It's something irrelevant.

Now, Paul Bedard, writing here at the Washington Examiner: "Despite anger in many quarters of the nation over the president's prisoner swap, Republicans are backing off impeachment threats because they fear it would rally President Obama's Democratic base and kill the GOP's chances to win the Senate. ... A top Republican aide added, 'that is an accurate assessment. The Democrats are divided on so many issues right now there's no reason to give them a reason to rally.'"
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...vXvI7-DC9MCW4Q0V8L_T-5w&bvm=bv.69411363,d.b2k

It was basically summed up like this...

CALLER: I would like to see the people of this country and the Republican leadership show a backbone. Impeachment would be letting Obama off easy, and even if there's no political will, the right thing to do is the right thing to do -- not because you win or lose, but because it is the right thing to do -- and impeaching him is the right thing to do.

RUSH: Well, I can tell you right now that the Republicans are not gonna do it.

At the risk of seeing a flock of 'black helicopters" arriving overhead, I'll just say that I am really surprised that they let the FBP move around in public as much as they do.

Rod Farva

Reaction score

Which is precisely as things should work. In a perfect world when the Constitution is violated by the potus the DUTY of the congress is to hold him or her accountable and administer appropriate punishment. Unfortunately when you're all in it together there will be a **** ton of "looking the other way."

But seeing that impeachment requires 2/3 of the senate being in favor it's pretty unlikely to happen with this guy (or probably any other) until we roach bomb DC.

At the risk of seeing a flock of 'black helicopters" arriving overhead, I'll just say that I am really surprised that they let the FBP move around in public as much as they do.

He probably won't allow restrictions.....in his arrogance I'm sure he believes he is loved and adored by most.

xjx

Reaction score
Even if there are lawmakers that are pissed by all of this, none of them will take any action. They see just what happened to news reporters that had a scoop on bomma.

Spike

Reaction score
Never fear - your government is hard at work to make the world a safer place.....for terrorists and sodomites

“We do not share the view of the Egyptian government about links between the Muslim Brotherhood and terrorist groups like ISIS, Egyptian leaders need to include, and find ways to reach out to, the Muslim Brotherhood. … With regard to the challenge that the Muslim Brothers pose, I would characterize it more as a political challenge than a security challenge.”

Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'

With much of the Obama administration's foreign policy in tatters, John Kerry is clear on at least one goal he hopes to achieve by the end of his time as secretary of state: having lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors representing the United States. In remarks to a GLIFAA (formerly Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies) Pride event in the Ben Franklin Room at the State Department, the secretary ran through a litany of accomplishments by the Obama administration that benefit the "LGBT/gay community." During his speech, Kerry said that, if confirmed, Ted Osius (nominated by President Obama for the post in Vietnam) would be the sixth openly gay U.S. ambassador currently in service:

So I am very proud of the progress that we are now making even in appointing LGBT ambassadors. I worked with the committee here at the State Department – with the D Committee, and I worked with the White House. And as a result, Ted Osius, sitting here, whom I’ve known a long time, and his family I know, will be the first openly LGBT officer nominated to serve as an ambassador in Asia. And on confirmation, he’s going to join five openly gay ambassadors who are now serving their country. I’m working hard to ensure that by the end of my tenure, we will have lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors in our ranks as well

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...exual-and-transgender-ambassadors_795488.html

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'

With much of the Obama administration's foreign policy in tatters, John Kerry is clear on at least one goal he hopes to achieve by the end of his time as secretary of state: having lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors representing the United States. In remarks to a GLIFAA (formerly Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies) Pride event in the Ben Franklin Room at the State Department, the secretary ran through a litany of accomplishments by the Obama administration that benefit the "LGBT/gay community." During his speech, Kerry said that, if confirmed, Ted Osius (nominated by President Obama for the post in Vietnam) would be the sixth openly gay U.S. ambassador currently in service:

So I am very proud of the progress that we are now making even in appointing LGBT ambassadors. I worked with the committee here at the State Department – with the D Committee, and I worked with the White House. And as a result, Ted Osius, sitting here, whom I’ve known a long time, and his family I know, will be the first openly LGBT officer nominated to serve as an ambassador in Asia. And on confirmation, he’s going to join five openly gay ambassadors who are now serving their country. I’m working hard to ensure that by the end of my tenure, we will have lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors in our ranks as well

Great idea. Maybe we ought to send them to the Muslim countries. Uh wait, not such a good idea.
We can send them to Russia........uh......wait....probably not a good idea.
Let's send them to heavily Catholic South America, they will welcome them with open arms.

This is bullshit lip service, to gain the gay vote.

Spike

Reaction score
Biden: "Main Focus of Foreign Policy is Gay Rights"

There you have it - our government's #1 national priority in foreign policy is protecting the gay.

No wonder they are such a complete failure

Spike

Reaction score
Liberalism is a mental disorder

Africa reacts to Obama's pro-gay rights foreign policy with ire

Don't Tell Us How to Run Our Countries

nAIROBI— (TCSM) The enshrinement of equal rights for homosexuals into US foreign policy activities has drawn quick ire from African nations, with one senior figure saying the notion is "abhorrent" across the continent.

The enshrinement of equal rights for homosexuals into US foreign policy activities has drawn quick ire from African nations, with one senior figure saying the notion is “abhorrent” across the continent.

President Obama has instructed officials across government to “ensure that US diplomacy and foreign assistance promote and protect the human rights of lesbian, gay, and transgender persons” around the world.

Under the move, legal, moral, and financial support will be boosted for gay rights organizations, emergency assistance will be sent to groups or individuals facing threats, and asylum in the US will be offered to people forced to flee homophobic persecution in their countries, Mr. Obama said

Most of Africa's 54 nations ban homosexuality, so President Obama's promotion of gay rights as a human right draws quick ire from African governments

"Homosexuality here is taboo, it's something anathema to Africans, and I can say that this idea of Clinton's, of Obama's, is something that will be seen as abhorrent in every country on the continent that I can think of."

http://www.africaundisguised.com/ne...s-react-hillary-clintons-pro-gay-foreign-poli

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Now, Paul Bedard, writing here at the Washington Examiner: "Despite anger in many quarters of the nation over the president's prisoner swap, Republicans are backing off impeachment threats because they fear it would rally President Obama's Democratic base and kill the GOP's chances to win the Senate. ... A top Republican aide added, 'that is an accurate assessment. The Democrats are divided on so many issues right now there's no reason to give them a reason to rally.'"
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...69411363,d.b2k

So the republicans are worried that if they do their job, then they are risking the opportunity to have a majority not doing their job.

This is brutal. Republican voters have no good options.

Spike

Reaction score
Our next national crisis averted - lactation rooms for everyone!

Bq0RK8SCEAAtaHv.jpg

Rod Farva

Reaction score
, and asylum in the US will be offered to people forced to flee homophobic persecution in their countries, Mr. Obama said

New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
And throw in some homos just for kicks
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Spike

Reaction score
Long live the Revolution!

Rebellion brewing with people ready for 'hostile takeover' of Washington

WASHINGTON — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Saturday night accused President Barack Obama and other Democrats of waging wars against religious liberty and education and said that a rebellion is brewing in the U.S. with people ready for "a hostile takeover" of the nation's capital.

"I can sense right now a rebellion brewing amongst these United States," Jindal said, "where people are ready for a hostile takeover of Washington, D.C., to preserve the American Dream for our children and grandchildren."

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/22/jindal-says-rebellion-brewing-against-washington/

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Jindal is sorta right.

I am going to go vote in primaries tomorrow night. Every incumbent gets the shaft on my ballot.

I have rarely voted during these primaries. I am feeling froggy now. The Virginia shocker has motivated me.

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Liberalism is a mental disorder

Africa reacts to Obama's pro-gay rights foreign policy with ire

Don't Tell Us How to Run Our Countries

nAIROBI— (TCSM) The enshrinement of equal rights for homosexuals into US foreign policy activities has drawn quick ire from African nations, with one senior figure saying the notion is "abhorrent" across the continent.

The enshrinement of equal rights for homosexuals into US foreign policy activities has drawn quick ire from African nations, with one senior figure saying the notion is “abhorrent” across the continent.

President Obama has instructed officials across government to “ensure that US diplomacy and foreign assistance promote and protect the human rights of lesbian, gay, and transgender persons” around the world.

Under the move, legal, moral, and financial support will be boosted for gay rights organizations, emergency assistance will be sent to groups or individuals facing threats, and asylum in the US will be offered to people forced to flee homophobic persecution in their countries, Mr. Obama said

Most of Africa's 54 nations ban homosexuality, so President Obama's promotion of gay rights as a human right draws quick ire from African governments

"Homosexuality here is taboo, it's something anathema to Africans, and I can say that this idea of Clinton's, of Obama's, is something that will be seen as abhorrent in every country on the continent that I can think of."

http://www.africaundisguised.com/ne...s-react-hillary-clintons-pro-gay-foreign-poli

It's pathetic when a third world continent has it straight and we can't figure out which gender to have sex with.

I would LOVE for a candidate to come out and say "You know what, I really just don't understand the gay viewpoint and I have no intention of supporting it. Ever."

I would probably vote for that person regardless of what else they said.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
It's pathetic when a third world continent has it straight and we can't figure out which gender to have sex with.

I would LOVE for a candidate to come out and say "You know what, I really just don't understand the gay viewpoint and I have no intention of supporting it. Ever."

I would probably vote for that person regardless of what else they said.

Silly you. We are a country of enlightened progressives. Everyone else is living in the stone age and should abandon their own principles, and follow our lead.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The GOP will never do anything to the FBP and He knows it. To a lot of people the FBP is the FBP and that's all that matters.