• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Donate to Charity in Dwayne Haskin’s Honor; He Supported Wolf Trap Animal Rescue

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins had his life taken on Saturday morning as he was tragically struck by a vehicle and killed in Florida.

While mourning the loss these past several hours I started to think about how can we, and the awesome people of SteelerNation give back. I checked out his clothing line on KingdomOfPride.com and noticed that all of it was sold out. Every single product. Awesome. Good work to everyone that helped sell all of that out.

Then I thought of how the Buffalo Bills and their fans always step up when it comes to donating to charity. There’s been so many times that they’ve supported a player from another team who may have helped them out in some way. So they all band together and donate to that players mission, charity, or cause. In December of this past year Bills fans donated to Visually Impaired Advancement which helps individuals with vision problems. This came after several bad calls against the Bills by referees in a game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneersin which they lost.

So the charity I ended up picking is the Wolf Trap Animal Rescue. In 2019 as a rookie Haskins’ chose the animal rescue as his cause.

Steelers Haskins Cleats 2019

At the time Haskin’s said this about the cause, and why he picked that charity.

“Dogs are a man’s best friend,” Haskins said. “We just love spending time with them — they bring a whole bunch of energy — and they make my day brighter.”

“He’s a very majestic animal — he looks the part — and I’m just really excited to be able to wear these and give back to the community.”

CLICK ON THE VIDEO TO WATCH A VIDEO OF HASKINS TALKING ABOUT HIS CLEATS

The Wolf Trap Animal Rescue says this on their website about why they do what they do.

Wolf Trap Animal Rescue (WTAR) focuses efforts on rescuing high-risk animals from euthanasia, neglect, and abuse. These animals primarily come from Mississippi, where young animals are euthanized by the hundreds each and every day due to overpopulation. Lack of spay-neuter laws and large sections of rural land allow for free-roaming animals to reproduce, leading to a surplus of neglected, homeless, and starving puppies and kittens. These animals are then found and brought to local animal shelters, which simply cannot provide the care or homes these pets need in order to survive. Ultimately, they get euthanized for space or for illnesses contracted at the shelter.

TO DONATE DIRECTLY TO WOLF TRAP ANIMAL RESCUE CLICK HERE TO GO DIRECTLY TO THEIR WEBSITE​

There isn’t any right answer for how much to donate. Whether it’s $1 or $100 it all helps and matters. The Bills usually pick a number that means something, so Haskins wore #3 in Pittsburgh, and #7 at Ohio State so 3+7= $10. Let’s all shoot for that number.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Loved he had a Doberman on it! (good cause too )