• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Doran Grant signs with Bills

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh well, so much for him coming back.

Report: Steelers move on from Doran Grant as second year CB signs with Buffalo Bills
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...from-doran-grant-as-second-year-cb-signs-with

n 2015 the Pittsburgh Steelers picked up a cornerback from the Buffalo Bills to be a large part of their team. That player was Ross Cockrell, and it seems fitting the Bills return the favor in 2016. The player the Bills are reportedly adding to their roster is former 4th round draft pick Doran Grant.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/AkronsVO_21">@AkronsVO_21</a> is headed to Buffalo! Time for a new beginning Doran! <a href="https://t.co/ndXWazeE97">pic.twitter.com/ndXWazeE97</a></p>— Element Sports Group (@element_sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/element_sports/status/772880172710264836">September 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There was a large group of fans who expected the Steelers to place Senquez Golson on injured reserve, and add Grant back to the 53-man roster after being released. However, the Steelers never made the move with Golson, which meant the door was never open for Grant to return to the active roster.

It seems as if the Steelers have moved on from the former Ohio State product, despite his position flexibility of being able to potentially play both cornerback and safety. When the Steelers traded for Justin Gilbert from the Cleveland Browns, it likely meant the end of the road for Grant in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers visually have moved on, as they have given Gilbert Grant's No. 24 in his first day of practice Monday.

That's if he stays on the Bills active roster...................

so we got Cockrell from them and they get Grant from us.

maybe the Bills' defense is more akin to his abilities.

so we got Cockrell from them and they get Grant from us.

maybe the Bills' defense is more akin to his abilities.

looks like he will start out on their PS

so they get for now a PS player and we got a starter....

do yinz like that **** came in the exchange?

(innocent look)

anytime a **** comes, ark lights up like a griswold christmas tree

Oh well, so much for him coming back.

I would have put Dangerfield on the practice squad before Grant especially with Golson hurt. Minor mistake by Tomlin and Colbert? I think so.

I would have put Dangerfield on the practice squad before Grant especially with Golson hurt. Minor mistake by Tomlin and Colbert? I think so.

Or maybe Dangerfield legitimately earned his spot and the coaches want him on the 53. We're not in the building. Let's see how this goes.

Or maybe Dangerfield legitimately earned his spot and the coaches want him on the 53. We're not in the building. Let's see how this goes.

I tend to agree. Dangerfield played his *** off this pre-season, showing good awareness and tackling on D and playing tough on ST's. I have little confidence in Shamarko, so I'm glad we kept Dangerfield at this stage. Given that they've now cut Grant twice in two seasons tells me they weren't neccesarily enamored by him. And quite frankly, he was getting eaten up by scrubs these past few games, so it may have been time to move on.

Bills sign him to their practice squad. We can take him back anytime if we choose.

Wlhat surprises me is that the team kept 6 ILBs and only 5 CBs while knowing that Golson would be out at least 7 weeks and that this is a passing league where you'll need 3 and even 4 CBs on the field in many snaps.

Maybe they are counting on Davis as a Dime CB?

Wlhat surprises me is that the team kept 6 ILBs and only 5 CBs while knowing that Golson would be out at least 7 weeks and that this is a passing league where you'll need 3 and even 4 CBs on the field in many snaps.

Maybe they are counting on Davis as a Dime CB?
Litos, I think for sure they're looking at Davis as a CB here for the next few weeks. They've been giving him plenty of reps there. Also, Golson looks to be on a much shorter time frame, as far as potentially coming back. Since he's not on IR, he can play much earlier than 7 weeks, depending on his recovery. They may be thinking he's only a couple of weeks away, hence the reason they didn't IR him.

no, Tibs, you're wrong. Tomlin and Colbert intentionally kept Golson off IR so as to make the defense even more short-handed and force Ben to come from behind even more. rumor around the camp fire is that they don't even like Ben and want Landry to take the reins of the offense. They want to rob Ben of his twilight years, and are intent to do so by any means necessary.

Dangerfield has put in 3 great preseason. It's about time he earned a hat. Might be our next Silverback with all of his waiver rides.

looks like he will start out on their PS

so they get for now a PS player and we got a starter....

do yinz like that **** came in the exchange?

(innocent look)

Lol. Jokes aside

I like Ross. I want to say I like **** but I don't swing that way lol

no, Tibs, you're wrong. Tomlin and Colbert intentionally kept Golson off IR so as to make the defense even more short-handed and force Ben to come from behind even more. rumor around the camp fire is that they don't even like Ben and want Landry to take the reins of the offense. They want to rob Ben of his twilight years, and are intent to do so by any means necessary.

that is how you be great!

It is not a 5 star game unless we are ..... aw, **** it.

Lol. Jokes aside

I like Ross. I want to say I like **** but I don't swing that way lol

I'll stay out of this and hope no one gets Burns.

Coach, as high as you are on film, Grant's film this preseason was terrible. He regressed and it was the biggest reason why I not only didn't have him on my roster, I had Shabazz coming in for Golson if Golson was put on IR. Shabazz's film was actually good this preseason, and he has room to improve.

We moved Grant to Safety since he wasn't the best at CB, and he showed, pretty quickly, that Dangerfield was way ahead of him there too. There was no place for Grant on this roster.