• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dow breaks above 19,000, S&P jumps over 2,200 as stocks hit record highs

Spike

Reaction score
U.S. equities opened higher on Tuesday, hitting new all-time highs, as investors awaited housing data and kept an eye on President-elect Donald Trump's policy agenda.

The Dow Jones industrial average broke above 19,000 for the first time ever shortly after the open, with Boeing contributing the most gains. The S&P 500 traded over 2,200 for the first time, as real estate and energy led advancers. The Nasdaq composite rose 0.3 percent, also trading at fresh record highs.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/22/us-markets.html

----------------------------------

ITEOTWAWKI!

But, but, ......the experts in the media said it would tank.

the last 8years of the messiah are the reason...... and when it goes down a bit it will be due to Trump...

I dunno, my weed company stock was way down today. Still worth more than I paid though.

Way to go Obama! Keep that Dow soaring before you leave office!!!

Eight years ago, the DOW was at 7,500. What's everyone so excited about?

It is a bubble for sure. When it breaks, it is going to be bad for all of us. Cheer or boo. Credit or blame. We'll all be eating from the same ash cans.

U.S. equities opened higher on Tuesday, hitting new all-time highs, as investors awaited housing data and kept an eye on President-elect Donald Trump's policy agenda.

The Dow Jones industrial average broke above 19,000 for the first time ever shortly after the open, with Boeing contributing the most gains. The S&P 500 traded over 2,200 for the first time, as real estate and energy led advancers. The Nasdaq composite rose 0.3 percent, also trading at fresh record highs.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/22/us-markets.html

----------------------------------

ITEOTWAWKI!

Credit Trump and he have not done anything yet, or maybe he has improved American enthusiasm already and private and corporate investors just can;t wait for those tax cuts.

I hear even Blue Star Airlines, thought to be left for dead in the 1980's is poised for a huge comeback. - Source, the movie Wall Street. :)

Look, after one administration has had control for 8 years and has driven regulations in one direction and with globalist having the past two and a half decades......i think maybe there is room for a lot of speculative investment right now...

Whatever direction the Trumpaning ultimately takes us will adjust it properly later...

It's all about the tax cuts. Trump's plan is huge for businesses. He's lowering the capital gains tax from 35% to 15%. A massive savings. And when you consider that Hilldabitch was going to raise that tax to 50%, which would kill off our economy for good, then it's no wonder why the market is kicking ***. Trade reform has everyone excited too.