• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Earth’s Magnetic Field May Be About To Reverse, Devastating Humanity

Spike

Reaction score
Earth's Magnetic Field Could Soon Be Flipped-Turned Upside Down

Earth’s magnetic field may be about to reverse, which could have devastating consequences for humanity.

The Earth’s satellites, power lines, ocean currents, and animal migration patterns are all dependent on the stability of the magnetic field, which envelops the planet and shields it from harmful cosmic rays like a pair of polarized sunglasses. Modern humans have been lucky to take that stability for granted; the Earth hasn’t experienced a full magnetic pole switcheroo for 780,000 years (though it experienced a temporary one 41,000 years ago). But after looking at evidence of magnetic field reversals in the Earth’s rocks, Phil Livermore, Ph.D., and John Mound, Ph.D., suggest it could happen sooner rather than later.

https://www.inverse.com/article/27127-magnetic-field-reversal-overdue-poles-north-south

------------------------

Science!

God can't save us this time!

We demand all scientists direct their attention here. Save the earth!

yea verily

NASA_54559main_comparison1_strip.gif

Last edited:
So the mayans were correct?

It's the end of the world as we know it. Seriously though. This is some scary ****

I'd ask the Reptilians, 800,000 years ago

Earth's Magnetic Field Could Flip in Our Lifetime

A magnetic field shift is old news. Around 800,000 years ago, magnetic north hovered over Antarctica and reindeer lived in magnetic south.

The poles have flipped several times throughout Earth's history. Scientists have estimated that a flip cycle starts with the magnetic field weakening over the span of a few thousand years, then the poles flip and the field springs back up to full strength again. However, a new study shows that the last time the Earth's poles flipped, it only took 100 years for the reversal to happen.

http://www.livescience.com/48333-magnetic-field-flip-within-100-years.html

These reports are absolutely true, and geologists have confirmed the shifting of magnetic fields based upon the polarity of rocks they excavate. However, when you are dealing with 800,000 year cycles like this, 10,000 years is nothing.

The reversal could well occur after we have colonized and terraformed Mars, so we will just wait it out there until the magnetic fields are back in place, in reverse order.

Presidente Michelle Obama will save us.

I know because CNN piped the info directly into my brain in a dream.

Ok, I should be clear.

She'll save the wealthiest people on the planet - everyone else will essentially be "microwaved". But the rich folks and the ridiculously hot girls from Arizona State -

They're good.

Reactions: MTC
So now you're listening to scientists...

Truth, pole shifts are common in earth history. They occur much more often than species die offs, so this isn't a cause. There will be very little change in day to day for the animal kingdom, and the birds will adjust to it. The chaos is how the magnetic field will fluctuate and affect electronics. There is a possibility of shorting out electronics during this shift. Time to start investing in some Faraday cages.

I'm not concerned in the least. Just as I'm not concerned that a giant asteroid will slam into us and destroy everything. It would be over in a
flash literally.

So now you're listening to scientists....

I always listen to scientists - I just don't believe the agenda-driven, politicized, paid-for lobbyists that you favor

Magnetic pole reversal won't affect our biology, but it could totally disrupt our electronic world

New study shows how rapidly Earth's magnetic field is changing
The North Pole is shifting.

This isn't the first research to show that Earth's magnetic field is changing. Our magnetic field has always been in flux, and over the past few years it's become clear that the invisible bubble that protects our planet from the harsh conditions of outer space has been getting weaker and weaker.

According to scientists' best estimates, the field is now weakening around 10 times faster than initially thought, losing approximately 5 percent of its strength every decade. But they don't really know why, or what that means for our planet.

One of the most likely explanations for what we're seeing is that our magnetic poles are getting ready to flip - something that happens once every 100,000 years or so, and that sounds a lot scarier than it really is. There's no evidence that life on Earth suffered when this happened in the past - the most likely impact is that our compasses would eventually point south instead of north.

"Such a flip is not instantaneous, but would take many hundred if not a few thousand years," Rune Floberghagen from the European Space Agency (ESA) told LiveScience back in 2014. "They have happened many times in the past."

http://www.sciencealert.com/new-stu...eld-is-weakening-more-rapidly-than-we-thought

----------------------

FAST FACTS

1) The south pole has already left Antarctica and the north pole is racing across the arctic ocean.

2) “Earth’s magnetic poles are getting ready to flip.” -Mission Manager, SWARM/ESA

3) The magnetic field began weakening in 1600.

4) The magnetic field weakened 10% from the 1800s to 2000.

5) Earth’s magnetic field was weakening 5% per century, but now is weakening 5% per decade.

http://magneticreversal.org/

Why is anyone worrying about this when man made global warming, er climate change, wait - climate disruption will kill us all off way before any natural event takes us out. You know, science.

I always listen to scientists - I just don't believe the agenda-driven, politicized, paid-for lobbyists that you favor

Magnetic pole reversal won't affect our biology, but it could totally disrupt our electronic world

I'm 100% with you on the electronic effect vs bio effect (which should be next to zero).

It seems to me that the climate deniers are more politically driven and corporate sponsored than the thousands of institutions conducting climate science. It's a simple equation, much like evolution. If you don't believe in evolution, you don't understand science.

If you don't believe in evolution, you don't understand science.

I believe the hard evidence in the rocks, but don't for one minute think all the questions are answered. If you suggested 20 years ago that dinosaurs had feathers you would be laughed at and kicked out of teaching.

Science doesn't have all the answers and science NEVER stands still. Science is NEVER settled. There is ALWAYS more you don't know.

100 years from now scientists will laugh at what we think today are hard facts. Read your history. Read what scientists in the 1800's KNEW to be "settled science". It was impossible for heavier than air machines to fly. It was impossible to split the atom.

I laugh at the "scientists" today who think they know it all. Every generation thinks they are the pinnacle of creation, holder of all the knowledge there is to know.

They are always wrong.

Last edited:
I'm 100% with you on the electronic effect vs bio effect (which should be next to zero).

It seems to me that the climate deniers are more politically driven and corporate sponsored than the thousands of institutions conducting climate science. It's a simple equation, much like evolution. If you don't believe in evolution, you don't understand science.

You can believe in evolution without believing that I evolved from a small ape-like species.

The corporate sponsored scientists lie (no disagreeing, just proving a point) but those whose money comes from people who will make the most $ and get the most power from "proving" climate change in manmade do not......follow the money.

If we evolved from Apes, or monkeys or whatever, why are apes and monkeys still around?

same reason there are Steeler fans and Browns fans.
some of us evolved. some didn't.

DNA disagrees with speciation. Micro evolution? I'm in. Macro evolution? Not a chance.

So we all die off. We go to heaven and the Steelers win the super bowl for eternity. I'm good.

Reactions: MTC
if this is true - and let's say it is - what are the chances that this plays a larger role than is being considered in "climate change"?

Ok, I should be clear.

She'll save the wealthiest people on the planet - everyone else will essentially be "microwaved". But the rich folks and the ridiculously hot girls from Arizona State -

They're good.

Az state girls although hot are a tad bit overrated. The ladies of university of Tennessee and Vanderbilt are the hottest I have seen. Whatever is in the water in that state. God bless TN

DNA disagrees with speciation. Micro evolution? I'm in. Macro evolution? Not a chance.

So we all die off. We go to heaven and the Steelers win the super bowl for eternity. I'm good.

If heaven allows the Steelers, Pens, and Pirates to have championships every other season. I'm game. I'll gladly take floating into the cosmos. Maybe this that there rapture the Holy Book was warning us about o.O

It's prttey fnuny how we can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse eltters out of palce

Evolution in action