• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ESPN.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
So I’m Putting this here because I’m sure it will end up here.

**** this dude. Because he is white and has money that’s why? How bout he sucks. Can a person just suck. Let me think, how well off was the Manning boys? Isn’t the excuse as to why they are good is because they had the means? Now it’s why the suck. Unreal.

McFarland and the rest of ESPN’s NFL crew were discussing the Jets’ situation on "Monday Night Football Countdown" before the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City. McFarland suggested that Wilson, whose uncles are JetBlue founder David Neeleman and HealthEquity co-founder Stephen Neeleman, may have a hard time trying to "accept accountability" in hard times because his family allegedly came from money.

"Let’s understand who this young man is before we ask him to accept accountability," McFarland said. "He’s a young man who grew up with a lot of money. I don’t think he’s ever had to accept accountability. So, now on the biggest stage, we want this quarterback to accept accountability

you dont get drafted top 5 without knowing how to hold yourself accountable.

man he looked all world against us

Mannings grew up with money
Brady grew up with money
Colin Kaepernick grew up with money

one of those is not like the other

So I’m Putting this here because I’m sure it will end up here.

**** this dude. Because he is white and has money that’s why? How bout he sucks. Can a person just suck. Let me think, how well off was the Manning boys? Isn’t the excuse as to why they are good is because they had the means? Now it’s why the suck. Unreal.

McFarland and the rest of ESPN’s NFL crew were discussing the Jets’ situation on "Monday Night Football Countdown" before the San Francisco 49ers and Arizona Cardinals in Mexico City. McFarland suggested that Wilson, whose uncles are JetBlue founder David Neeleman and HealthEquity co-founder Stephen Neeleman, may have a hard time trying to "accept accountability" in hard times because his family allegedly came from money.

"Let’s understand who this young man is before we ask him to accept accountability," McFarland said. "He’s a young man who grew up with a lot of money. I don’t think he’s ever had to accept accountability. So, now on the biggest stage, we want this quarterback to accept accountability
Booger is an idiot. The damn asshat makes more than us just to talk about a sport and wants to parade around like he’s some woke warrior.

Being poor or rich has no skin color. Even then, how this ties to Zach Wilson makes no sense.

Booger is an idiot. The damn asshat makes more than us just to talk about a sport and wants to parade around like he’s some woke warrior.

Being poor or rich has no skin color. Even then, how this ties to Zach Wilson makes no sense.
It makes complete sense if you seek to divide people

Reactions: JMM
That’s what bothers me about this millionaire athletes and why I have lost emotional attachment to teams.

These spoiled ******* have the resources and money to actually make a difference in the communities they claim to fight for. Yet all they do is sound off on social media.

Very seldom you see the Watts, Heywards, Crosby’s - those that actually give back. All you see is the kaepernicks, the lebrons and the boogers providing a louder speaker to the division

Hold on. There may be some validity to his point. I think some may be too sensitive on this and when they see "rich" they are thinking he means "white."

I saw a stat some years ago that something like over 75% of all the people considered rich in this country started out life as what would considered to be middle class or below. Maybe the stat was bs, I didn't investigate it, but the idea being that those not born into a lot of money have a lot more motivation.

How tough has it been for Zach Wilson? I have no idea, but there is truth to the fact that when you have to deal with adversity it does make you tougher. I deal with kids on a daily basis, and while I know I'm getting old, I don't know if there has ever been a more coddled and protected group then young people today. McFarland may be an idiot, but he isn't the only one making the connection to the way these kids are raised and their ability to handle adversity.

Money / race has nothing to do w/ accountability. Some people who are rich are very respectful and take responsibility, some are not. How many poor people blame everyone but themselves for not having a job or having money. It definitely goes both ways

I don't really know this "Booger" guy but from what I have seen and heard from him he seems like he is on the verge of sticking his foot in his mouth every time he speaks. Some people shouldn't have a mic anywhere near their mouth when it is turned on.

Just because you were on 2 Super Bowl winning teams doesn't mean you can be a good sportscaster.

Sorry Booger.

Hold on. There may be some validity to his point. I think some may be too sensitive on this and when they see "rich" they are thinking he means "white."

I saw a stat some years ago that something like over 75% of all the people considered rich in this country started out life as what would considered to be middle class or below. Maybe the stat was bs, I didn't investigate it, but the idea being that those not born into a lot of money have a lot more motivation.

How tough has it been for Zach Wilson? I have no idea, but there is truth to the fact that when you have to deal with adversity it does make you tougher. I deal with kids on a daily basis, and while I know I'm getting old, I don't know if there has ever been a more coddled and protected group then young people today. McFarland may be an idiot, but he isn't the only one making the connection to the way these kids are raised and their ability to handle adversity.
IMO, Gen Z kids seem to have been less coddled by their parents and teachers than millennials. Millennials seem to have a bigger sense of entitlement and are quick to take offense, Gen Z kids seem to have a thicker skin and are more independent. I knew of several millennials that didn’t want to get their drivers licenses when they turned 16. I don’t know of any Gen Z kids like that. The pendulum swung the other way with them.

IMO, Gen Z kids seem to have been less coddled by their parents and teachers than millennials. Millennials seem to have a bigger sense of entitlement and are quick to take offense, Gen Z kids seem to have a thicker skin and are more independent. I knew of several millennials that didn’t want to get their drivers licenses when they turned 16. I don’t know of any Gen Z kids like that. The pendulum swung the other way with them.
We had to force my son to get his license at 16, he really had no desire to get it on his own. To this day, he will ride with someone and pay for gas if given the option. I never understood this, as I loved the freedom driving gives you.

He used to volunteer to sit in the sun and mind the grain bins at harvest, instead of driving anything.

I worked with a guy in rural Pa who was from Boston and didn't have the need for a license with public transport. but for Months his wife would drop him off at work until we all asked him when he was going to get his driver's license. "Never, why drive when my wife can take me where I need to go" He was a hard-working dude and all, just a different mindset, I guess. Yes, he was millennial.