• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ESPN’s McShay Has Steelers Taking QB In Post Combine Mock Draft

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers didn’t make the big splash yesterday that many Steelers fans would’ve wanted them to do. Maybe they’re not going to make any splash with a quarterback. Of course yesterday the Denver Broncos acquired Super Bowl winning quarterback Russell Wilson. Instead maybe they will turn to the draft to fill the hole of competition with Mason Rudolph.

In ESPN Draft Expert Todd McShay’s latest draft McShay has the Steelers staying put at pick #20 and selecting quarterback Malik Willis from Liberty. Heres what he says for the Steelers selection:

Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

We saw the arm strength in Indianapolis. We know he’s terrific on second-reaction throws. And it’s pretty clear he has the most upside of the class’ quarterbacks. Is he ready to take over right away? That’s another discussion, and the Steelers might want to sign a Mitchell Trubisky or Teddy Bridgewater to avoid the necessity of throwing Willis out there in Week 1. But Pittsburgh needs a franchise quarterback, and Willis has arm talent, great mobility and outstanding field vision. If developed effectively, he can keep the Steelers — who already have a good defense and some offensive playmakers — relevant in the QB-loaded AFC North.
Malik Willis got an ARM pic.twitter.com/JsFWtgkTcN

— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) March 4, 2022

Other notables in McShay’s selections:

Washington #11 Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
Cleveland #13 Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
Baltimore #14 Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
Tennessee #26 Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
Cincinnati #31 Zion Johnson, G/C, Boston College

With Linderbaum, and Johnson still on the table when the Steelers select, moving back a few spots and still grabbing one of them would be a better option than taking Willis in my opinion. A stud offensive lineman sounds pretty darn good right about now. Add the quarterback in free agency, and lets get a stud on the offensive line.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Doubt Willis lasts until the Steelers.

I’d rather take a Oline

I have a feeling that Malik will be the pick. Just seems like too many stars are aligning...
This kid has talent but I am worried about his decision-making. In all honesty with Seattle now at nine and Washington at 11, he won't get past them. He might not make it past Carolina at 6.