• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Faith, Football, and What Lies Ahead for Ben Roethlisberger

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It’s been an extremely intriguing off-season so far in the NFL, seeing as how players like Russell Wilson, Khalil Mack, Carson Wentz, and Amari Cooper to name a few, will all be sporting new uniforms in 2022. As for the Pittsburgh Steelers, outside a few re-signings so far this month, they’ve pretty much stuck to their humbly historic ways when it comes to trades and free agency this time of the year. But I wouldn’t discredit the Steelers yet as far as making the big “splash” signing, as the official NFL free agency period doesn’t even start until March 16, 2022 at 1pm ET. Speculation around Houston Texans‘ young star quarterback, Deshaun Watson still has Steeler Nation refreshing their phones every few seconds to see if Kevin Colbert and co. has finally decided to pull the trigger on the 26 year old 3x Pro Bowler, but both that, and all of the other NFL transactions this early in the off-season got us thinking about another quarterback, and what he thinks about where this franchise is currently at.

Ben Roethlisberger brought 18 years worth of gutty, championship-caliber football play to the city of Pittsburgh during his tenure with the Steelers. For almost 20 years, Steeler Nation didn’t have to think about who their next starting quarterback would be because they knew they had a future Hall of Famer in Roethlisberger behind center. Now that Roethlisberger has retired, Dave Walls of ABC 13 News had a chance to catch up with the 2x Super Bowl Champion and get his take on the Steelers off-season so far:

“In terms of who’s going to the Steelers now, I’m so far removed from it, it’s great,” Roethlisberger said with a smile. He continued. “I’m a full-time dad, full-time husband, just giving everything I have.”

Roethlisberger recently joined current NFL Network analyst and former Super Bowl Champion quarterback, Kurt Warner at the Ignite Men’s conference in Lynchburg, VA where they shared their testimonies of faith and forgiveness to a group of hundreds at the Thomas Road Baptist Church. There, Roethlisberger also expanded on his current thoughts about the off-season, as well as his season-ending elbow injury in 2019.

As far as what’s next for Roethlisberger, he says that he’s committed to his Roethlisberger Family Foundation. The premise revolves around helping fathers and sons develop a deeper relationship.

Watch his segment with Walls here:

With football now in his rear view mirror, @_BigBen7 took time out of his day at @ignite_men in Lynchburg to speak with me on his faith, football, and what's next for the former @steelers QB. @13Sports @ABC13News pic.twitter.com/IhOL0w2Ets

— Dave Walls (@DaveWallsWSET) March 13, 2022

We here at SteelerNation.com wish you nothing but the best post-retirement, Big Ben! We’re so happy to see you continuing to make a difference is people’s lives, on and off the field.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..